GABBY DALEMAN - CHEER THREAD!

IloveFS

Gabby skates fast and jumps large and sometimes it seems that with skaters like her, adrenalin is not always a kind friend and that extra push they get is too much. I think she needs a very cleaver choreographer that can find music and a program that highlights her speed and athletic skating without contributing to things getting out of control. "Rhapsody in Blue" is not a favorite music of mine but I felt it had good pacing for her and "Carmen" had a touch of sassy that she is good at. I would love to see her try someone new for at least one program as she is such a charming young woman and she gives them lots to work with and also - people don't enjoy any effort to change her or appear to diminish her power.

Do you think that it's music with the right tempo OR learning how to be patient with jump takeoffs, etc.?

puglover

I certainly am no expert and this is just based on my love of skating, and watching a ton of show jumping. To me, both Gabby and Kaetlyn are - in horse terms "hot blooded" or have a "lot of blood" which refers to the thoroughbred gene for power and speed. It is a huge asset if they understand it and harness it. I feel Gabby has come leaps and bounds in the last few years in incorporating a patient, more measured approach to her skating. Perhaps the right music could also help. I thought these two this year that she settled on were both good in terms of that. I would be surprised if a coaching team has to fire her up - I would suspect - calm her down. Again - just guessing.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Man, I hope Gabby serves us in an hour when she skates her SP..

This US Classic is boring me a tad this year....

But Im watching like a True Figure Skating addict!!!!!!! I may need rehab come SkAm....

mag

I wonder if Gabby is feeling the pressure? She could be the only Canadian lady to make the LP at
Worlds. With Worlds in Canada in 2020, the pressure to keep spots, even without anyone saying anything, must be immense. Does anyone know how Alaine and Larkyn looked at the high performance camp?

Sorry this should have been in the Canadian Ladies thread

Foolhardy Ham Lint

I wonder if Gabby is feeling the pressure? She could be the only Canadian lady to make the LP at
Worlds. With Worlds in Canada in 2020, the pressure to keep spots, even without anyone saying anything, must be immense. Does anyone know how Alaine and Larkyn looked at the high performance camp?

Sorry this should have been in the Canadian Ladies thread

Agreed. I can't see Daleman and the combination of Chartrand or Austman maintaining three spots for Canada in Saitama. Japan and Russia are just too strong, and along with Italy, Belgium, Korea, and the U.S., will likely dominate the top ten.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Do you think that it's music with the right tempo OR learning how to be patient with jump takeoffs, etc.?

I think that's why Rhapsody In Blue was such a strong vehicle for her. It was constant, but not too slow or frantic like Samson & Delilah.

Reactions: mag

ichiro

Her team really needs to rethink her packaging. All these programs are just soo soo wrong. Again I've said this many times branch out from Lori N. Though I see some improvements in her FP this year, it wouldn't have been my first choice.

Carmen already feels super stale. At this point I'd even take her gladiator FP and alter that into a SP.

Jeffery Buttle, David Wilson, Shaye Lyn, anyooone.

Another thing is I don't see the drive or motivation in her skating. Might be hard this year knowing that you don't really have any competition in Canada...

screech

Her team really needs to rethink her packaging. All these programs are just soo soo wrong. Again I've said this many times branch out from Lori N. Though I see some improvements in her FP this year, it wouldn't have been my first choice.

Carmen already feels super stale. At this point I'd even take her gladiator FP and alter that into a SP.

Jeffery Buttle, David Wilson, Shaye Lyn, anyooone.

Another thing is I don't see the drive or motivation in her skating. Might be hard this year knowing that you don't really have any competition in Canada...
I agree on your last point - watching the FP in SLC, she looked like she didn't want to be there (even before the errors). Also, I think Shae would be great for Gabby too - she needs Shae to unleash her fierceness! Her packaging is almost making me think of the so-called 'pretty princess' stereotype that seems prevalent in the US (I hate that term). She should go back to cobra boobs!

mag

The Olympics must drain athletes emotionally and physically. She had a rough season last year, so she might be questioning herself a bit.

I don’t think we could over estimate the pressure of the Olympic team event on Gabby. She went in as Canadian champ, had to skate the long, and would have been well aware that gold was the only option.

IloveFS

I am wishing Gabby well! I certainly hope (and this is purely selfish of me to say) that we will see Gabby back in competition when she is ready! Of all the Canadian ladies, I really think she has the most raw talent!

kwanatic

Sad to see she's out too. With Kaetlyn out the way was clear for her to gain a lot of momentum as Canada's go-to skater. Hopefully one of them will be back by worlds. If not Canada will probably be down to one spot at worlds by the end of the season.

Hope Gabby gets better soon!

kittysk8ts

Sad to see she's out too. With Kaetlyn out the way was clear for her to gain a lot of momentum as Canada's go-to skater. Hopefully one of them will be back by worlds. If not Canada will probably be down to one spot at worlds by the end of the season.

Hope Gabby gets better soon!
I am pretty sure Kaetlyn has already announced she will sit out this entire season :(

kwanatic

It would be nice if we didn't dwell on the "spots" issue in this thread, IMHO (eta that it's already being discussed a lot in the Canadian Ladies and Grand Prix Assignments threads in GSD).

Gabby tweeted her thanks to her fans and supporters yesterday: https://twitter.com/gabby_daleman/status/1051867780834873344

Understood. I only mention it b/c both Gabby and Katelyn are wonderful skaters who deserve a chance to compete at the top. If they drop down to one spot only one of them will get to represent Canada.

Of course spots don't matter at all when you're talking about someone's health but the hope/prayer is that Gabby will be back (and Kaetlyn too). It'd be nice for them to come back and be able to compete rather than battling for just one spot. That's all...

DimaToe

Retired by Frank Carroll
Understood. I only mention it b/c both Gabby and Katelyn are wonderful skaters who deserve a chance to compete at the top. If they drop down to one spot only one of them will get to represent Canada.

Of course spots don't matter at all when you're talking about someone's health but the hope/prayer is that Gabby will be back (and Kaetlyn too). It'd be nice for them to come back and be able to compete rather than battling for just one spot. That's all...

Why are people under the assumption that Osmond will return to competitive skating? I’m not retiring her but like other skaters in the past and some of her contemporaries. Kaetlyn has not gone out of her way to say that competing as an amateur is part of her future plans.

Again this is the Daleman thread though, she doesn’t owe anyone any spots. She just needs to skate programs that she is proud of regardless of results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information