GABBY DALEMAN - CHEER THREAD!

IloveFS

I think it's already been unanimously agreed here that she needs to skate to "Wonder Woman". If someone could let her know, that would be great. :lol:
I will have to listen to the music.... I really want her to do a short or free program like her 2018 exhibition at Canadians....

mag

I realize that this will probably be terribly overused by the end of the season, I have also heard that Adam Rippon is using it for an exhibition, but I think Gabby would do a great job with “This is Me” from The Greatest Showman.

Sylvia

TBD
I really want her to do a short or free program like her 2018 exhibition at Canadians....
I found a video - "Save the Last Dance for Me" (Michael Buble): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4-9r0DISss

ETA links to Gabby's 2018 Canadians SP and 2018 Canadians FS videos.

I realize that this will probably be terribly overused by the end of the season, I have also heard that Adam Rippon is using it for an exhibition, but I think Gabby would do a great job with “This is Me” from The Greatest Showman.
It turns out that Bradie Tennell is skating to this song on the U.S. tour of Stars on Ice.

Last edited:

mag

It turns out that Bradie Tennell is skating to this song on the U.S. tour of Stars on Ice.

Wow, interesting. I will check my source, but they are usually very reliable and apparently Adam was working on choreography to This is Me. Maybe he is doing it for something other than SOI? I assume for SOI skaters let someone know so the same music isn’t used twice. Given the theme of the movie and specifically this song, it does seem a lot more appropriate for Adam. Hmmm.

mag

I would love to see Gabby try someone other than Lori Nichol. Just one program, maybe the short, just to get a fresh perspective. Gabby can move well and I think something new and different might also be good for her mentally. Help her put last season behind her.

Skate Talker

Nothing good about This is Me except the actual message behind it. Otherwise the song and music are just bad imho. Don't know how it ever won an Oscar, though again imho, none of this year's nominated songs were worth listening to. Definitely not looking forward to the proliferation of skating programs to this "tune".

Reactions: mag

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
I think it's already been unanimously agreed here that she needs to skate to "Wonder Woman". If someone could let her know, that would be great. :lol:

Does anyone stalk follow Gabby on social media? :lol: Because we need to let her know that her LP music has been decided upon on FSU for the past two months. :lol:

She needs powerful music, yes, but also an opportunity to camp it up a bit. Vocal Carmen was not nearly enough.

IloveFS

Does anyone stalk follow Gabby on social media? :lol: Because we need to let her know that her LP music has been decided upon on FSU for the past two months. :lol:

She needs powerful music, yes, but also an opportunity to camp it up a bit. Vocal Carmen was not nearly enough.

Can anyone just post on her twitter or instagram feed OR does she have to add a person to her list first. Sorry, I am not on twitter or instagram!

Sonata

Yes! When I saw her in her Gladiator costume, I got excited, thinking she was skating to Wonder Woman. Alas, it was Gladiator light. Did Lori Nichol choreograph it? I would be surprised - that piano version was a misfire.

I love Wonder Woman, but the theme music from the movie is jarring. And I’m guessing you weren’t all suggesting that she skate to the Wonder Woman tv theme song. (Although I do love Lynda Carter.)

puglover

Gabby skates fast and jumps large and sometimes it seems that with skaters like her, adrenalin is not always a kind friend and that extra push they get is too much. I think she needs a very cleaver choreographer that can find music and a program that highlights her speed and athletic skating without contributing to things getting out of control. "Rhapsody in Blue" is not a favorite music of mine but I felt it had good pacing for her and "Carmen" had a touch of sassy that she is good at. I would love to see her try someone new for at least one program as she is such a charming young woman and she gives them lots to work with and also - people don't enjoy any effort to change her or appear to diminish her power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information