From Russia With Love [#38]: Fall/Winter 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
^^^
The girl was injured and then majorly sick. It's not her fault she couldn't properly train and keep competitive fit.

Her fate lies in the 3A. If she can't get that back then she needs meltdowns from the top three here otherwise she's left at home. She won't have the benefit Evgenia had in 2018. The competition now is too heavy and the ********* ruined her chance of being a world champion when she was healthy. She had some really bad luck. It's not over yet but it's going to be extremely tough
Kostornaia is out of shape, I agree

NAOTMAA

It's a long shot but I hope when she does come back she gets new programs. Those William Eyelash (thank you Dionne Warwick :rofl:) programs are simply D.O.A.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
While it’s great that you’re a nutritionist or whatever you believe you are, I also recall coaches who had no pull in anything Tuktamysheva did saying that she also needed to lose weight. And then she started landing quads by changing absolutely nothing.

‘just trying to help’ 🙄

if you compare Tuk from 2013, 2015, 2017 and now, she clearly lost weight and is more fit.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
if you compare Tuk from 2013, 2015, 2017 and now, she clearly lost weight and is more fit.
When said comment was shared via TSL, she was enjoying one of the best seasons of her life, if not the best until she got pneumonia. So, no.

But keep trying to help via a user name on an English message board. I’m sure Kostornaia really considers this info.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Kostornaia doesn't look bloated. She's not in fighting shape due to injury and being ill, but the biggest change is she grew into her woman's body and there is nothing she could do, nor should have even tried to do, to have prevented that. That's genetics. Trusova is all muscle, but she's also small just like her mother and so is Anna. Tuk grew up. Kostornaia grew up. Some skaters make that transition with ease. Some don't.

svea

The one I enjoyed the most was Nugumanova. I found her to be very expressive and fluid and there was real joy in it.

Though, I didn´t really get the scoring for her jumps as they seemed to be pretty solid and more secure than some of Kromykhs e.g.

I watched it all without audio as this helps me to concentrate on movements and not moods.

I admire Anna for her will power and much respect every athlete at this level, but despite the quads and the inherent beauty of performances at the edge of what a body can do, I miss the vividness of Diva-characters performing to tell something about their lives and contributing their personal history.

That´s also why I learned to love Tuktamysheva´s performances, though I remember rooting "against" her by the time of her WC-Win.
I have great difficulties to understand why she is cited as an example for deservedly low GOE´s.

On the contrary, watching e.g. Usacheva makes me search a message to be delivered as well as something expressing her honest personality (what is perfectly okay for a teenager).

Plus, there is as specific character type required and demanded, but "airy" and "lyrical" while of course beautiful doesn´t necessarily cope with "expressive" and if there´s only that type of skaters left, the steadiness of those performances accumulates.

In other words, with all the respect for these tough competitors and the refined positions, I struggle with current standards concerning (not only) GOEs matching point-declared non-plus-ultras with my eyes perception.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
The one I enjoyed the most was Nugumanova. I found her to be very expressive and fluid and there was real joy in it.

Though, I didn´t really get the scoring for her jumps as they seemed to be pretty solid and more secure than some of Kromykhs e.g.
She has a deserved rep for underrotations and I think she sometimes gets dinged just because even when the jumps were all there. There's a reason her career hasn't gone quite like it looked like it would when she was a junior with Mishin. Also, she's matured and is more, shall we say "coachable?" Rukavitcin seems to be a good fit for her. She's steadily improved since she's been with his group.

HSCluv

I don't know if they are allowed (haven't read the rules in a while) but after seeing some of the skating today, I think quad quad combos may be coming next.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
Her fate lies in the 3A. If she can't get that back then she needs meltdowns from the top three here otherwise she's left at home. She won't have the benefit Evgenia had in 2018. The competition now is too heavy and the ********* ruined her chance of being a world champion when she was healthy. She had some really bad luck. It's not over yet but it's going to be extremely tough
To an extent, yes, but I think if she watched this competition she's realized a 3axel alone won't cut it. Her 3flip is huge, maybe she'll see that's the quad she needs instead of salchow or toe loop. Get the 3axel back and focus on the flip. Opening with two axels and two quad flips would be more than enough to beat Trusova, who really has lagged behind in skating skills, spins, footwork, and just an overall general performance aura.

Last edited:

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
I really missed Alyona today. This would have been her 4th Russian national championship. In my opinion she is the best Russian ladies skater of all time and the most beautiful ladies skater of all time. I hope she is going to be ready for Worlds if there are Worlds this year. Especially that Elizaveta Tuktamysheva finished only in 7th place today. She was 5th in the SP and 10th in the FS. (This opens the door for Alyona.)
I am also hoping that Alyonka is doing well these days. :) And I am wishing her happiness in her personal life - to her and to Sergei Rozanov. (If the rumours about them are true.) She is the most beautiful Russian girl I have ever seen. (I hope he thinks the same.):)
You have just brought "creepy" to an entirely new level. Congrats!

Lilia A

Kostornaia losing 8-10 kg is not something I, or anyone really, need to witness. I don't think she needs to lose any weight. Her free skate dress is not flattering, but that doesn't mean she has a weight problem. I can't picture that dress being flattering on anyone, to be honest. I actually think she looks great. Some girls are so thin I cringe when they jump. Let's not make others get to that point.

NadezhdaNadya

Banned Member
You have just brought "creepy" to an entirely new level. Congrats!
One question - are you from America? :D Why is it creepy, I really do not get it?
Off topic: I really do not get why Americans react this way to such age gap relationships when there are so many teenage pregnancies in America. I am from Bulgaria and most of the people I know had their first child after the age of 27. (Even those who are uneducated and so on.) We have negative population growth here in Bulgaria. And yet such relationships are more scandalous in America, why? Called creepy?

NAOTMAA

To an extent, yes, but I think if she watched this competition she's realized a 3axel alone won't cut it. Her 3flip is huge, maybe she'll see that's the quad she needs instead of salchow or toe loop. Get the 3axel back and focus on the flip. Opening with two axels and two quad flips would be more than enough to beat Trusova, who really has lagged behind in skating skills, spins, footwork, and just an overall general performance aura.
Speaking of Trusova, what do you think she has to do to win?

Two quads and being near squeeky clean is clearly not enough to beat Anna and Kamila. A third might edge past Kamila but still won't beat Anna. Everyone rags on her about her stubborness on attempting four quads but this competition proved she likey does need the kitchen sink. And what about her 3A? She has yet to land one cleanly in competition. So what's the best and least crazy strategy for her to win? Would two quads and two 3As be enough?

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
One question - are you from America? :D Why is it creepy, I really do not get it?
Off topic: I really do not get why Americans react this way to such age gap relationships when there are so many teenage pregnancies in America. I am from Bulgaria and most of the people I know had their first child after the age of 27. (Even those who are uneducated and so on.) We have negative population growth here in Bulgaria. And yet such relationships are more scandalous in America, why? Called creepy?
No, I grew up in Germany and am of Russian and Finnish heritage, thank you very much.
I don't care what Kostornaia is doing, but in here, we are not to discuss a minor's love affairs and spread rumors.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Ok, I'll accept cultural differences. 1. Talking about a young girl that way isn't socially acceptable by most people. It was way too personal from your POV. That makes it creepy. 2. The only issue I'd have with Rozanov is that he is in a position of power over a young woman. It's not the age difference. She's legally of age and consent in Russia and can make her own choices, but coaches or teachers have to maintain a distance between themselves and their students. I also get this isn't always the same in Europe, for example Moskvina and her late husband were a student/pupil relationship and their marriage lasted over 50 years. But, it can be a huge problem. But, you made it sound personal with regard to Kostornaia and that's creepy.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
I mean, isn’t legal age in Russia 16? Not making arguments here, but you’re of Russian heritage..
I don't know because I never lived there and never had to deal with that. Google says it's "18, sometimes 16".

@NadezhdaNadya Still, your post was super inappropriate and creepy because you made it sound as if you would encourage a relationship between a coach and a very young girl which is a no-go.

Last edited:

tony

I don't know because I never lived there and never had to deal with that. Google says it's "18, sometimes 16".

Still, that post was super inappropriate and creepy because you made it sound as if you would encourage a relationship between a coach and a very young girl which is a no-go.
Nah, that wasn’t me. I was asking for clarification and it doesn’t sound great when you pull the ‘I’m part Russian’ and then don’t know the laws. So go right ahead and edit that.

Perky Shae Lynn

The creepy part is salacious gossip involving a 17 year old girl.

tony

The only argument I have in all of this is that if the age of consent is indeed 16 in Russia, then people need to stop throwing around ‘underage’ and ‘minor’. She, under Russian law, would not be, but I welcome anyone who actually knows rather than guesses to tell us. You can’t look at it under US rules or wherever you’re from.

There are threads all the time that ask about relationships, and some posters seem overly hellbent on knowing about them— see the Gordeeva thread in the trash can and multitudes of other threads where people always want to know what is going on off-ice. It happens. But the terminology being used here, AFAIK, is not correct. If you want to stick with ‘well I don’t think a coach-student relationship is right’, okay. Different story.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
Kostornaia losing 8-10 kg is not something I, or anyone really, need to witness. I don't think she needs to lose any weight. Her free skate dress is not flattering, but that doesn't mean she has a weight problem. I can't picture that dress being flattering on anyone, to be honest. I actually think she looks great. Some girls are so thin I cringe when they jump. Let's not make others get to that point.
Considering she's probably only 105# tops! No she doesn't need to lose 20 pounds.

Meoima

The only argument I have in all of this is that if the age of consent is indeed 16 in Russia, then people need to stop throwing around ‘underage’ and ‘minor’. She, under Russian law, would not be, but I welcome anyone who actually knows rather than guesses to tell us. You can’t look at it under US rules or wherever you’re from.

There are threads all the time that ask about relationships, and some posters seem overly hellbent on knowing about them— see the Gordeeva thread in the trash can and multitudes of other threads where people always want to know what is going on off-ice. It happens. But the terminology being used here, AFAIK, is not correct. If you want to stick with ‘well I don’t think a coach-student relationship is right’, okay. Different story.
I am about suggesting a healthy girl to lose 8 kgs, can they stop? They want the girls to be unhealthy or what. And... heck I really don’t want to know about their relationships if any.

NadezhdaNadya

Banned Member

Are you from Russia? By the way, Mishin and his wife have around 13 years age gap. Alyona and Sergei - around 14.
I really do not get why is creepy?!? :(

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Russia’s legal age of consent is 18, although local authorities can amend it under certain extraordinary circumstances.

The rumored situation is sad - sad if true, sad if not. I just assume not true unless we hear from those concerned, themselves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information