From Russia With Love [#37]: Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
While not a Russian, here’s news from Kazakhstan’s Elizaveta Tursynbaeva, who trains in Moscow with Team Tutberidze:

Tursy announces that she won’t compete in the upcoming G-P series.

3T3T

I’m still annoyed that Efimova/Korivin didn’t run of to Belarus with Vasiliev, surely they‘d have made it to the Olympics going down that route. As much as I liked them they were not going to a major championship for Russia and were being passed by the Juniors coming through

I don‘t hold out much hope for this partnership lasting. Alisa is partner number 5 after Pross, Vartman, Hocke and Pavlova. What actually happened with Vartman and Hocke? Was his girlfriend involved in some of the splits, did she dislike some of the girls (that could be completely wrong). He is giving Krasnopolski a run for his money with all the partners.

Still, it’ll be nice to see Alisa skating internationally maybe the pressure of not skating for Russia will help her consistency? She is a very elegant and stylish skater. Best of luck to her 🍀🍀🍀

hanca

Values her privacy
Well, I hope this one sticks. I like Efimova.
I like her skating too. But realistically, she is not a very strong jumper and if he is so keen to swap for better, it makes me worried that the partnership won’t last too long. On the other hand, there is less competition in Germany than there would be in Russia, so that’s good for her. At least she finally has a chance to get to Europeans and worlds.

Bigbird

Trankov said that Morozov is getting better, and if he passes the next test for YKW, then Tarasova/Morozov will start the preparations to skate in the GP Event held in USA.

Alina Zagitova feeds feral cats, posts a message "Do kindness. Help animals".
So why risk the dangers of travel? Why not just perform the last two Russian Cup events? Afraid of home competition? It's beginning to look strange.

J

Jeschke

So Efimova has to wait until fall 2021 due to new release regulations?
This team-up seems weird based on that background.:huh:

hanca

Values her privacy
So Efimova has to wait until fall 2021 due to new release regulations?
This team-up seems weird based on that background.:huh:
Possibly. If she is released. Considering all the young junior pairs that are going to move to senior within two to three years, and the newly created senior pairs that we have not seen skating yet (e.g. Pavlova/Spiridonov, Solovieva/Ivanov, Vasilieva/Volodin, Ialin with a new partner etc), Russian federation doesn’t really need Efimova and potentially could release her faster. In the past there were skaters who were released from Russia very fast. But then again, there were skaters who waited for release 3-4 years. As Efimova was on the senior national team, her release may take 1-2 years. We will have to see.

million$momma

So why risk the dangers of travel? Why not just perform the last two Russian Cup events? Afraid of home competition? It's beginning to look strange.
I assumed that they were currently in the US. Since that is where they live/train the majority of the time.

Amy L

T/M are in Russia right now. They went there to compete in the first 2 Cup events but Vladimir ended up with YKW.

Tinami Amori

Pluschenko is hinting that Rika Kihira may join his group.

SE: The fans are writing that Rika Kihira may join your group.
EP: Everything is possible. I am not ready to comment yet, but the possibility is not excluded. There will be transfers, major transfers.

SE: So you're not excluding specifically Rika Kihira's transfer?
EP: I don't exclude anything in this life. That includes the transfer of Rika Kihira, as well as transfers of other athletes. It will take place, but just a bit later. It is simply that now it is YKW, and it is difficult to come here from abroad. There are many enquiries from different countries. Right now there are difficulties.

SE: In other words, if everything was normal, then Rika would already be in Moscow?
EP: I said it already, for now i am not commenting.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Pluschenko is hinting that Rika Kihira may join his group.

SE: The fans are writing that Rika Kihira may join your group.
EP: Everything is possible. I am not ready to comment yet, but the possibility is not excluded. There will be transfers, major transfers.

SE: So you're not excluding specifically Rika Kihira's transfer?
EP: I don't exclude anything in this life. That includes the transfer of Rika Kihira, as well as transfers of other athletes. It will take place, but just a bit later. It is simply that now it is YKW, and it is difficult to come here from abroad. There are many enquiries from different countries. Right now there are difficulties.

SE: In other words, if everything was normal, then Rika would already be in Moscow?
EP: I said it already, for now i am not commenting.
Curiouser and Curiouser.

DobrinFan

Efimova did not apply to the FFKKR with a request to be allowed to play for Germany
"We have absolutely no information on her. Efimova did not apply to us with any requests, the German federation did not apply either. We accidentally learned about its decision to play for Germany from the Internet, we have no official information. To play for another country , there must be her personal statement and a request from the German side. Also, the skater must obtain permission from the ISU (International Skating Union), and the ISU gives permission on the basis of the above points and the visa of our federation," Gorshkov said by phone.

"She performed last year at the Universiade and cannot just change the country," he added.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
I've started an "Ice Age" thread with @Cherub721's post above (thanks!): https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/ice-age-2020-on-russias-channel-one.107627/

According to this article (https://nevasport.ru/169348-film-s-uchastiem-medvedevoj-pokazhut-na-moskovskom-kinofestivale/ ), Medvedeva makes a cameo appearance in this film:

Tinami Amori

Lubov Rubtsova (11 yrs. novice @ TeamTutberidze) starts landing 3A's.

Sinitsyna/Katzalapov will participate in 2nd Russian Cup event in Moscow, his back is better.

Bigbird

Lubov Rubtsova (11 yrs. novice @ TeamTutberidze) starts landing 3A's.

Sinitsyna/Katzalapov will participate in 2nd Russian Cup event in Moscow, his back is better.

Which ladies are performing at the 2nd Russian Cup?

Natanielle825

I suspect Plushenko is just trying to sound cool but who knows in 2020? Why on earth would Rika be going there? He is a completely untested coach currently training her two biggest competitors. Sasha wanted to learn quads from someone who could do quads. Fine. Alena's move was confusing, but maybe convenient for a Russian girl trying to switch quickly. Jury's out on whether Plushenko will be able to do anything for her. Rika's move would be baffling. No one knows if he can actually teach quads or take a skater to the top, it would be a big gamble.

DobrinFan

The German Federation wants to get the Russian figure skater Efimova
The German Figure Skating Federation approved the creation of a sports pair Alisa Efimova / Ruben Blommart and intends to apply to the Russian Figure Skating Federation (FFKKR) in order to allow the Russian partner to compete for Germany, a source familiar with the situation told RIA Novosti.

"They are trying to skate together in Oberstdorf," the source said. "The representatives of the German federation looked, approved and are now going to apply to the Russian (figure skating) federation."

DobrinFan

Tutberidze's student Samsonov is recovering and preparing to perform at the stages of the Russian Cup
Two-time Russian junior champion figure skater Daniil Samsonov is preparing to compete in the last two stages of the Russian Figure Skating Cup, which will be held in Kazan and Moscow. This was reported to TASS by the mother of the skater Ekaterina Samsonova.

"Danya plans to perform in the fourth and fifth stages of the cup, these tournaments were chosen by the coaches in such a way as to give him the opportunity to recover. He was diagnosed with Osgood-Schlatter disease, and we still need time to forget about this problem," said the mother athlete.

As Samsonova said, on the recommendation of doctors, Daniil missed three weeks. "We did physiotherapy, were completely removed from physical activity. Danya returned to the ice three weeks ago: the first week he rolled in, two - he works according to an individual schedule," the agency interlocutor said.

"Of course, from the bench it was hard for him to look at the ice, where other children were skating, and here I have to say a huge thank you to our coaches. They helped the child realize the importance of the fact that sometimes it is better to release the situation somewhere in order to give the body the opportunity to recover and go to peak form for the necessary starts. That there is no need to speed up the preparation, because in the end you may be left without the opportunity to do what you love, "Samsonova emphasized.

Last edited:

Kateri

void beast
Tutberidze's student Samsonov is recovering and preparing to perform at the stages of the Russian Cup

Osgood-Schlatters is just a medical term for overtraining, innit? I'm glad his team are taking it seriously and trying to keep him in check!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information