From Russia with love [#28]: Autumn to Winter 2017

Anyasnake

Wow a bit of a shocker since they said they were going a couple of times this season. I wanted to see their FD one last time, I'm sure they could have gotten a standing ovation because it's a great program.

hanca

Values her privacy
And Amina Atakhanova is back! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
Her first competition with Volodin https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bWWYOxhSz3o
It does need a bit more polish, but considering that they have been skating together for two months, it is nit bad. (I can’t say I love the music, but I am sure when it gets more mileage, they will be selling it more). So next season Atakhanova/Volodin against Kudryavtseva/Spiridonov? :watch:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
And Amina Atakhanova is back! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
Her first competition with Volodin https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bWWYOxhSz3o
It does need a bit more polish, but considering that they have been skating together for two months, it is nit bad. (I can’t say I love the music, but I am sure when it gets more mileage, they will be selling it more). So next season Atakhanova/Volodin against Kudryavtseva/Spiridonov? :watch:

I love it that she found a partner, and they look good. Who was Volodin's partner before this? Is she without a partner now?

Why did A&S split? Did she grow too tall for him? I was so disappointed when they split!

C

casken

Is the "sit out on full year" rule still in effect when changing partners?

Maybe Soloviev is serious about contuining on with another partner (who though???), and wants the opportunity to skate at worlds next year if he makes the team?

oleada

I love it that she found a partner, and they look good. Who was Volodin's partner before this? Is she without a partner now?

Why did A&S split? Did she grow too tall for him? I was so disappointed when they split!

Alina Ustimkina. Ustimkina/Volodin competed in the JGP and even medaled IRC. They had a reliable 3T. But, they outgrew each other.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Is the "sit out on full year" rule still in effect when changing partners?

Maybe Soloviev is serious about contuining on with another partner (who though???), and wants the opportunity to skate at worlds next year if he makes the team?

he can partner with Elena Ilinykh !

hanca

Values her privacy

Atakhanova/Spiridonov split up because they were coached by Pavlova. Just before this season started, Atakhanova turned up at the practice and found out that Kudryavtseva (who skated with Simenenko) suddenly skated with Spiridonov and was learning Atakhanova/Spiridonov’s new program! But karma worked and Kudryavtseva/Spiridonov missed most of this season because of injury.

Volodin used to skate with Ustimkina, but she was getting a bit too tall. I don’t think she will find another partner, because Volodin is among the tallest male partners and if she is too tall for him...

Dobre

I can't remember the details about it so I'm not sure.

Maybe he'll do a Khaliavin and go to another country?

Well, Elena Ilinykh competed full seasons in 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 with different partners so I don't think his competing at Worlds is an issue provided he stays in Russia.

He could go to Italy & skate with Riazanova; but he's won so many Russian titles, one would think he would have a MUCH harder time gaining a release from the Russian Federation than Khaliavin.

C

casken

Well, Elena Ilinykh competed full seasons in 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 with different partners so I don't think his competing at Worlds is an issue provided he stays in Russia.

Ah, you're right. Forgot about that.

3T3T

That was a very impressive skate from A/V. They look very good together, hopefully they can build from this, they could be a threat on the JGP. I always thought he looked small for a Pairs skater but when I checked his bio I realized Ustimkina was tall, he is 6 foot+. I will miss Alina, there was a bit of star quality about her but good to see Amina back competing. I can’t believe the way Pavlova split her and Ilia, what a 🐄. On a very shallow note, Nikita is looking pretty good.

I would love to see Bobrova and Soloviev go for one more worlds. They deserve one more worlds medal. I will really miss them, I’ve always liked them but I am fully aware they are not universally loved by the fans. I really hoped they could have grabbed Olympic bronze but it wasn’t to be. I thought this years performance ar Russian Nationals was fantastic. For me their best performance was Anna Karenina in Euro’s, emotional, heartfelt, passionate, fabulous. I wish her all the best in retirement, it will be tough for her running off to have babies with Deputat.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
You only have to sit out a year if you switch countries. You can switch partnerships within your Federation as many times as you want, as long as you and your partners and your partnership are eligible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information