Friends reunion

canbelto

Did anyone else watch this? I absolutely loved it and cried throughout. This was my favorite sitcom and seeing the 6 of them read the lines again was wonderful. I also really enjoyed Lady Gaga's Smelly Cat.

I cried from laughter at the "PIVOT" scene again.

I also cried when all the people around the world said how empowering it was seeing Monica propose to Chandler.

I was worried about Matthew Perry. He looked rough.

manhn

Does HBO Max even exist in Canada? Oh well, maybe my American family will have it when I visit them later this year, heh.

canbelto

It's available to stream if you get HBO. You just have to put in your cable provider.

Winnipeg

I have not seen this but saw a preview. It can be eye opening to see how former young actors or actresses appear many years later. Take the Brady Bunch for example..............

Habs

A bitch from Canada
Did anyone else watch this? I absolutely loved it and cried throughout. This was my favorite sitcom and seeing the 6 of them read the lines again was wonderful. I also really enjoyed Lady Gaga's Smelly Cat.

I also cried when all the people around the world said how empowering it was seeing Monica propose to Chandler.

I was worried about Matthew Perry. He looked rough.

I read an article this morning that said he had emergency dental surgery just before the taping.

Cachoo

I was worried about Matthew Perry. He looked rough
I read an article this morning that said he had emergency dental surgery just before the taping.
Oh man...poor guy...he seemed ok to me. (Or maybe it wasn’t his day, his month, his week or even his year.).
I certainly enjoyed the reunion and am glad they were not planning to revisit the characters with a scripted show.

Cachoo

Well I shouldn’t have joked about Matthew Perry. At another site a poster is close to someone who has daily interactions with Perry. Addiction is exacting a terrible price: He has had major surgery on his intestines and rectum. This was the second set of new teeth. He makes calls in the middle of the night to send large checks to different people then has no memory of it. The producers of Friends wanted to proceed without him but the cast wouldn’t hear of it. The reunion was delayed for Perry who went to rehab in Sweden. Two days before filming began he relapsed but he made it to set. His publicist released info about the dental surgery which was truthful—but not the whole truth. The poster who mentioned this has been a very down-to-earth and humble person who had posted for years. He is not big on bragging or hyperbole. I don’t want to believe him but he has never given me a single reason to believe he is lying. So his news is not good. But I am glad that Perry made it there and participated. It was a warm, lovely show.

Last edited:

canbelto

Well I shouldn’t have joked about Matthew Perry. At another site a poster is close to someone who has daily interactions with Perry. Addiction is extracting a terrible price: He has had major surgery on his intestines and rectum. This was the second set of new teeth. He makes calls in the middle of the night to send large checks to different people then has no memory of it. The producers of Friends wanted to proceed without him but the cast wouldn’t hear of it. The reunion was delayed for Perry who went to rehab in Sweden. Two days before filming began he relapsed but he made it to set. His publicist released info about the dental surgery which was truthful—but not the whole truth.

Omg. How horrible. I'll always root for Matthew Perry. :(

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
I didn't watch the reunion and I never watched the show much when it was on originally (although I've caught a lot in reruns). I was watching a rerun last night and they were having a first birthday party for baby Emma. Ross was recording a "time capsule" film that she could watch on her 18th birthday with messages from all the guests. It struck me when one of them said "Hard to imagine it's 2020 when you're watching this!".

It also struck me when they talked about the party Emma would have for her 18th birthday party, - I guess Emma had to wait another year for her party.

canbelto

I actually watched the pilot last night which i haven't watched in years. I laughed for 22 minutes straight.

Jimena

I really enjoyed it. I was left rooting for David Schwimmer and Jennifer Aniston to finally get together.

honey

The dental work story didn’t make a lot of sense to me. Hasn’t Matthew Perry been speaking like that for several years now? This clip is 5 years old and there is definitely something off with his speech there as well.

https://youtu.be/fChYKcWUdKA

Given what @Cachoo posted, I tend to think it wasn’t really the dental work at all. Maybe that really did happen and made things worse, but I don’t think all of it is dental work.

I feel concerned for him. :(

Overall, the reunion was great fun and I enjoyed it. Parts of it felt rushed and a bit random, but the good outweighed the bad. I wish there had been more of them just wandering the set and talking amongst themselves rather than the James Corden parts.

I was a bit taken aback at how caught up in the moment I got when Aniston and Schwimmer did the line reading of the first kiss scene. Great stuff. And Lisa Kudrow screaming “MY EYES! MY EYES!” in exactly the same tone as the episode was perfect.

Miezekatze

The dental work story didn’t make a lot of sense to me. Hasn’t Matthew Perry been speaking like that for several years now? This clip is 5 years old and there is definitely something off with his speech there as well.

https://youtu.be/fChYKcWUdKA

Given what @Cachoo posted, I tend to think it wasn’t really the dental work at all. Maybe that really did happen and made things worse, but I don’t think all of it is dental work.

I feel concerned for him. :(

Overall, the reunion was great fun and I enjoyed it. Parts of it felt rushed and a bit random, but the good outweighed the bad. I wish there had been more of them just wandering the set and talking amongst themselves rather than the James Corden parts.

I was a bit taken aback at how caught up in the moment I got when Aniston and Schwimmer did the line reading of the first kiss scene. Great stuff. And Lisa Kudrow screaming “MY EYES! MY EYES!” in exactly the same tone as the episode was perfect.
There's an elderly German singer, who's wife has been an alcoholic for decades, they were on a tv show last year and her speech was extremely slurred, apparantly it's always like this, she's actually been dry for a long time now, so I think such speach impediments can happen permanently. But she's doing well aside from that, so I don't think it means there necessarily must be an acute problem right now.

Regarding the Friends reunion, I'd love to watch this, but in Germany it's only on a streaming service I don't have and don't really want to order for just this purpose. But I saw some clips with Phoebe/Lisa Kudrow :cheer2:

sk8pics

Along with “pivot!” one of my favorite outtakes involves all but Joey when Ross is trying to play “Celebration” on the bagpipes. That bit and the outtake still makes me laugh:
I just watched this and my cat Bradley, who was sitting on my lap, sat straight up and looked at the iPad and then started meowing. He gave it two paws down. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information