Forum upgrade

annie720

I noticed that the headers in the line with New Posts, Find Threads, etc, are in white. This is very hard to see. I was looking around for New Posts because I couldn't find it. Also, the numbers in my alerts are also in white. Can this be changed?

Server Guy

Administrator
Staff member
I noticed that the headers in the line with New Posts, Find Threads, etc, are in white. This is very hard to see. I was looking around for New Posts because I couldn't find it. Also, the numbers in my alerts are also in white. Can this be changed?
Can you provide screenshots please? Not sure where you mean.

Server Guy

Administrator
Staff member

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I can see some threads that I have on ignore and when I went into them (because maybe I hadn't ignored them) there was no choice to ignore or unignore. This was in OTB.

I will poke around more and see if I can find a pattern.

Vagabond

The new Preview function is wonky. It's hard to edit, and sometimes it doesn't even seem to work. It seems to go directly to posting instead of Preview.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
nm. I still haven't found the pattern in the Ignore threads issue. Some threads I had on ignore are showing but some aren't and I can't put new threads on ignore.

Also, I liked the new way quoted posts were showing at first, but I agree with @Vagabond that they can be hard to edit.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I like the light blue notifications color/alert but I'm guessing someone will come here and say it's difficult to notice :)

LeafOnTheWind

I am having issues with ignored forums showing up too. None of them are ignored and there is no option to ignore again.

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
I am having issues with ignored forums showing up too. None of them are ignored and there is no option to ignore again.
It's possible that SG is reinstalling additional features gradually, but I wanted to post that I noticed the same thing as mpal2.

skatingfan5

Past Prancer's Corridor
I am having problems with replying to posts in that the formatting is messed up. My reply appears as continuous text with the post to which I am replying.

Sparks

The notification function will say I have 9 notifications. When I click of the "bell" all of the notifications are cleared.
It used to be when I clicked on one notification, the count would go down until I read all of them.
Also, when I click on a thread I'm following the notification "bell" does not clear.

I hope that makes sense. I'm tired. 😩

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
What I noticed is if you click on the bell once, you can see all your alerts by scrolling down. If you click on the bell twice, you go to a page that has Alert Preferences, Resummarize Alerts, and Mark As Read.

I like it the way it is now. You can just click on the bell once, and scroll through the list to choose which notification you wish to view.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I'm getting a 402 error several times over the last two days. Usually when I go back and relaunch the thread it goes to the post. Dont know if that is on my end or the server end.

Server Guy

Administrator
Staff member
The notification function is wonky.
The alerts menu behaviour has changed slightly in that alerts won't be marked as "Read" until you go to the content that triggered that particular alert. It resolves issues when getting a mountain of alerts and having them all cleared by simply opening the alert menu and not actually being able to go through them.

I'm getting a 402 error several times over the last two days. Usually when I go back and relaunch the thread it goes to the post. Dont know if that is on my end or the server end.
Are you sure it was a 402 error? Perhaps you meant 502?
Sorry if I missed the answer, but is the ignore thread option coming back?
Sorry, yeah - it's missing at the moment but it is indeed returning.

antmanb

Deleted. I was just trying to figure out how to split one post into several different quotes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information