Evgenia Medvedeva Cheer thread

Fiero425

Footage of Med doing a beautiful 3F3Lo:
Jackie's comment:

We might see her trying that combo in her Shanghai Trophy FS. Her SP run-through was still with 3F3T.

I'm just not a fan of her technique; very stilted and uneasy IMO! Why is doing these combos amazing BTW? As far as I'm concerned, she's way behind many younger Russian skaters that will challenge her completely within the next year! Others from other countries are doing so much more; 3 Axil (2), 4 Salchow! :sasha1:

annie_mg

I'm just not a fan of her technique; very stilted and uneasy IMO! Why is doing these combos amazing BTW? As far as I'm concerned, she's way behind many younger Russian skaters that will challenge her completely within the next year! Others from other countries are doing so much more; 3 Axil (2), 4 Salchow! :sasha1:
What are you doing in a cheer thread then?

aml78

she was competitive for last quad. She probably wasn’t supposed to continue past the last Olympics in Eteris eyes so they focused on what was needed to be at the top against the competition at the time. She wanted to continue and up and left Eteri and now is playing catch up a bit with the juniors. More power to her for sticking with it AND working so hard to up her technical content. Whether you like her technique or not, what she’s doing is awesome and I commend her for it. And yes, given this is a cheer thread I think you should probably head over to a different thread or you are going to get jumpws on here :)

Finsta

Wasn’t expecting perfection but wasn’t expecting such low placement after short. Disappointing because had she been clean I think she’d be in mix. Nobody will beat 4 quads though. Even if they should. Medvedeva is fine. Let them quad girls out quad themselves this season and see where they all are at next season, or even end of season. Medvedeva need to figure out what is going on in her self.

DreamSkates

There aren't that many seniors competing with all that fire power.

feraina

I really appreciated the Canadian commentator, I guess Tracy Wilson(?), saying that what happened in the SP was that she was there to ‘kill it’, which meant she threw her upper body into the air — and that worked when she was a little girl but now she needs a more measured and patient approach to jumps. Or something like that... the FS shows she learned from the experience. I’m she will do better next time.

The trouble is, I’m worried how she could catch the three 15yo’s, unless one of them has a really off day? It looks to be 3 Eteri girls on the team, ad possibly the same three on Worlds podium. Sure the ice is slippery. But Eteri’s girls are also more consistent than everyone else.

I was appalled by Trusova’s program and gliding. But she still got very high PCS. I don’t get how her PCS can be so close to Medvedeva’s. With the current judging system, little jumping beans like her will win every time.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I really appreciated the Canadian commentator, I guess Tracy Wilson(?), saying that what happened in the SP was that she was there to ‘kill it’, which meant she threw her upper body into the air — and that worked when she was a little girl but now she needs a more measured and patient approach to jumps. Or something like that... the FS shows she learned from the experience. I’m she will do better next time.

The trouble is, I’m worried how she could catch the three 15yo’s, unless one of them has a really off day? It looks to be 3 Eteri girls on the team, ad possibly the same three on Worlds podium. Sure the ice is slippery. But Eteri’s girls are also more consistent than everyone else.

I was appalled by Trusova’s program and gliding. But she still got very high PCS. I don’t get how her PCS can be so close to Medvedeva’s. With the current judging system, little jumping beans like her will win every time.

I am not justifying it but high tech content usually results in high PCS for the skater. Classic example Nathan Chen’s PCS being so close to Hanyu’s in 2018, and CHEN winning the free skate based on the number of quads alone. He has improved artistically this year but no way he is equal to Hanyu in PCS.

Finsta

Truth is that Medvedeva is a podium threat if skate is clean. Look at her scores. This will bring hate from eteri supporters. Medvedeva is not done. Like tukt, she needs focus in herself. Improvements. The current eteri group may not be relevant in 2 years. Focus is just jumping for them. Maybe Alena. If she stays healthy. But we will see changes. Medvedeva and tukt will be okay

Fiero425

Well Med is in the same position as everyone else. She needs quads and 3A to win.

OMG, I had no idea these girls were "loaded for bear" with jumps I didn't think possible within their abilities! Triple Axils are becoming more common and this girl from Russia, Alexandra Trusova who just won SC did multiple quads; w/ a 4-Lutz! That's amazing; probably would've won the men's event a few years ago with her scores! Medvedeva has a ways to catch up to that! :duh:

Finsta

Pretty sure Medvedeva trained with them and knew what they were practicing and landing. It’s no surprise to her. Nobody is blind sided

Ka3sha

Channel 1 interview with Evgenia and Shae Lynn Bourne about her Memoirs of a Geisha LP. Features the choreography process :)

barbarafan

Channel 1 interview with Evgenia and Shae Lynn Bourne about her Memoirs of a Geisha LP. Features the choreography process :)
blocked for me

DreamSkates

I also would like to add that, as she fully adjusts to a much different way of being coached and training, we will likely see higher scores. Orser and team know what she is fully capable of and will coach her along to her highest points possible. Her goal is likely to make it to the next Olympics, so even if this year is not her best, she has a larger goal in mind. The tiny 15 year olds won't remain so tiny, so let's see where they are 2 years from now. And Tuk has been able to regain the triple axle and include 2 in her long program, so even with the "older" skaters, new jumps are possible in time.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Evgenia Medvedeva: Free program in Canada we skated together – me and fans

In the interview for Russian Channel 1 Evgenia Medvedeva told how she coped with the unsuccessful short program at the Grand Prix in Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information