Duhamel and Marcotte moving to Skate Oakville

Sylvia

TBD
^^^ I didn't see the press release at the above link but found these links on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/Skateoakville/status/1122939299392098304
https://twitter.com/SkateOntario/status/1122943220827209731
Press Release
Skate Oakville is excited to announce that Canadian Olympian Meagan Duhamel @mhjd_85 and coach Bruno Marcotte, will be joining the Skate Oakville team to create a new Pairs Training Program.
More information can be found on:
https://skateontario.org/skate-oakville-pairs-training-program/

Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member
So that's good news! I wonder who might go there to be with them.

Didn't Richard and Bruno have teams they worked with separately in any case? Which teams worked with both Richard and Bruno? Since it was Bruno who accompanied Mervin Tran/Olivia Serafini to U.S. nationals, I would imagine Serafini/Tran are moving with the Marcottes to Oakville. I would also think Kirsten/Michael might make the move. Perhaps Cami/Drew will stay behind with Gauthier?

Who are the other Gauthier/Marcotte teams in Montreal?

sk8girl

Thanks Sylvia! The press release is there at the original link I posted, but it is weirdly buried below a *lot* of other stuff on that page, so it is hard to find. At the time I posted, I couldn't find a better link, but the news is getting around now!

Skate Ontario actually held a pairs camp at Skate Oakville a couple of weeks ago and they were actively encouraging anyone interested in trying pairs to sign up. Dylan Moscovitch and Michael Marinaro were there to help with that. In retrospect, I guess they were trying to line up new pairs skaters for Bruno and Meaghan!

Catherine M

Didn't Richard and Bruno have teams they worked with separately in any case? Which teams worked with both Richard and Bruno? Since it was Bruno who accompanied Mervin Tran/Olivia Serafini to U.S. nationals, I would imagine Serafini/Tran are moving with the Marcottes to Oakville. I would also think Kirsten/Michael might make the move. Perhaps Cami/Drew will stay behind with Gauthier?

Who are the other Gauthier/Marcotte teams in Montreal?

Off the top of my head, I know of these senior Canadian teams training in Montreal:

M-T/M
Lubov & Charlie
Cami & Drew
Matte & Ferland
Choinard & Ostiguy
Brasseur & Bardei

Who leaves and who stays, I have no clue.

Sylvia

TBD
Since it was Bruno who accompanied Mervin Tran/Olivia Serafini to U.S. nationals, I would imagine Serafini/Tran are moving with the Marcottes to Oakville.
Serafini/Tran are moving their training base to the U.S. -- see my latest post in the U.S. Pairs thread: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...s-updates-part-ix.104932/page-19#post-5580524
Thanks Sylvia! The press release is there at the original link I posted, but it is weirdly buried below a *lot* of other stuff on that page, so it is hard to find.
The press release has since been moved up to a prominent place on the Skate Oakville website (both main & news pages).

aftershocks

Banned Member
Lubov/Charlie are definitely staying since they are only being coached by Gauthier, AFAIK.

You left out Serafini/Tran, who were accompanied by Bruno at U.S. Nats in January. But that doesn't mean they are necessarily moving to Oakville with Bruno. @Sylvia posted a pic in the U.S. pairs thread of Serafini/Tran with Ian Connolly who coached with Bruno, and Julie Marcotte at the rink in Montreal. I thought the post could simply indicate a goodbye to Connolly. It seems inconclusive. But @Sylvia might be right that the post indicates Serafini/Tran are staying in Montreal to train with Connolly, and that Julie Marcotte has completed work on their choreo for the upcoming season.

I'm taking a stab that Cami/Drew will stay in Montreal. I'm not sure about the rest.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Serafini/Tran are moving their training base to the U.S. -- see my latest post in the U.S. Pairs thread: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...s-updates-part-ix.104932/page-19#post-5580524

The press release has since been moved up to a prominent place on the Skate Oakville website (both main page & news pages).

Oh thanks @Sylvia! I posted my previous post just as you were posting. I think that's good news for Serafini/Tran! It's hard to keep up with all the fast-breaking news. :)

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Isn't funding a compelling reason to stay in Quebec, or has Ontario caught up, like with its incentives to lure the film and TV industry away from BC :)drama:)?

Vase

Isn't funding a compelling reason to stay in Quebec, or has Ontario caught up, like with its incentives to lure the film and TV industry away from BC :)drama:)?
Ontario may have funding for top senior teams, but I’m not sure if Junior gets much of anything. I hear Quebec is the province to be in for funding, Tessa and Scott move there backs that info for me to believe.

barbarafan

Sounds like they have thought things through. I hope she makes it through the tour - sounds like baby is challenging her at this moment!
ha ha...first baby first semester...she will probably start zooming shortly. At the beginning of my first preg. I dropped an evening class. It was biology 7:00pm and I could not stay awake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information