Discussing SA in skating, sports and life from a victim centred-point of view

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Rick Westhead has stuck with this story even when the prevailing attitudes were "nothing to see here, move along" or "boys will be boys, don't ruin their whole lives for something they did as kids" or "she [complainant] is just in it for the money". He deserves all the praise for his work.

Former Lurve Goddess

In other Canadian sports, the suspension of an abusive gymnastics coach ended last week, with no statement from Gymnastics Canada as to what she will be permitted to do in the future. The coach's husband, her co-coach, is banned for life. https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/...cs-canada-brubaker-appeal-withdrawn-1.6418178
Jessica Gaerts on X/Twitter
"Today is the day Elizabeth Brubaker’s suspension ends. And yet we have total silence from @gymcan1. The simple fact that a public statement is yet to be made on the status of Brubaker’s suspension, when dozens of athletes were harmed by the Brubakers is telling."

Habs

A bitch from Canada
The names in the Sportsnet article circulating are the same names being tossed around on Twitter. I think we’re quite certain now.
London Police will hold a press conference Feb 5th. i saw that last night.
Online there are people incensed that they're waiting until Feb. 5, but I suspect that's the day (or first weekday) after the players have been given as a deadline to turn themselves in.

Last edited:

Judy

The names in the Sportsnet article circulating are the same names being tossed around on Twitter. I would

Online there are people incensed that they're waiting until Feb. 5, but I suspect that's the day (or first weekday) after the players have been given as a deadline to turn themselves in.
It surprised me too but 🤷‍♀️ I really have no idea.

At this point we know things are happening .. but we don’t know the press conference details etc. so while I’m confused I guess patience is necessary. Patience can be tough for me too.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I am not surprised to hear about any of these powerful men who came to power at a different time engaging in SA but Sex Trafficking? That is taking being a major scumbag to a new level. I am shocked.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City

Trigger warning that the details are horrific.

This is just the tip of the iceberg of things that have been going on in WWE for decades. WWE was recently sold to a new company (TKO) that also owns UFC, and McMahon is now TKO's executive chairman. TKO put out a press release yesterday that, blah blah, he has no day-to-day control, blah blah, take these allegations seriously, blah blah will investigate this internally. These allegations are so toxic that IMO they will have to do something more substantive than that.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Trigger warning that the details are horrific.

This is just the tip of the iceberg of things that have been going on in WWE for decades. WWE was recently sold to a new company (TKO) that also owns UFC, and McMahon is now TKO's executive chairman. TKO put out a press release yesterday that, blah blah, he has no day-to-day control, blah blah, take these allegations seriously, blah blah will investigate this internally. These allegations are so toxic that IMO they will have to do something more substantive than that.
Maybe they are hoping he gets arrested for some of this stuff and then they don't have to take care of it.

Judy

The first of the five players has turned himself in. Alex Formenton.

He used to play for my city’s team Ottawa Sens.

This is not meant in any way humorous .. but I haven’t watched the Sens for years because I only watch when they’re winning. I have no idea of players from the past. For any sport honestly. We seriously had a horrible owner too that died. However, I kinda still can’t watch because I only watch streaming now and the prices for cable/satellite/ etc are freaking too expensive for me. Anyways I don’t know him.

I really hope the victim feels vindication though. I hate the word victim I prefer survivor.

Last edited:

Former Lurve Goddess

X Post/Tweet from Rick Westhead:
"New: Court documents obtained by @TSN_Sports and @CTVNationalNews confirm Dillon Dube, Alex Formenton, Carter Hart, Michael McLeod and Cal Foote have all been charged with sexual assault. 'Dillon Dube on or about the 19th day of June in the year 2018 at the City of London in the Southwest Region did commit a sexual assault on E.M., contrary to Section 271 of the Criminal Code of Canada.' The document repeats the same allegation against each of the other four players and says McLeod is also facing an additional charge of sexual assault for 'being a party to the offence.' All of the players have said they will plead not guilty and the allegations against them have not been tested in court.The players were arrested on Jan. 26 and their next appearance date is Feb. 5, according to the documents."

Former Lurve Goddess

Another X Post/Tweet from Rick Westhead
"One takeaway of the documents filed in court is confirmation that police in London, Ont. believe that the 2018 World Juniors player who E.M. says she initially had consensual sex with also sexually assaulted her. Again, lawyers for the five players have said they all will plead not guilty. The allegations against them have not been proven. Will be on @SportsCentre tonight to unpack."

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information