Delayed Gratification - The 2022 Baseball Thread

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
The Giants traded Daren Ruf for someone I've never heard of.

The hilarious thing is the Blue Jays made a deal for Whit Merrifield, who won't get vaccinated and thus can't play in any home games. :lol:

(apparently, he is "considering" getting the shot now. :rolleyes: )

jenny12

Sorta baseball related - but this moment happened during the SW Regional Championships for the LLWS.

So impressed with the statue of both players - particularly the kid from Oklahoma, but I’m wondering why the referee allowed him to go to first base. Shouldn’t he have had him checked out for a concussion- or worse?

Agreed. I was so moved by the sportsmanship of the boys but I definitely think they should have gone through concussion protocol. That looked very scary.

Debbie S

It's been so long since the Orioles played in (or were in contention for) the postseason that I didn't realize there are now 3 wild card teams along with the division winners. So that means the Orioles are now tied for a playoff spot. :eek:

I still think it's a long shot (without a decent closer) but I'll enjoy the hope while it lasts.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
It's been so long since the Orioles played in (or were in contention for) the postseason that I didn't realize there are now 3 wild card teams along with the division winners. So that means the Orioles are now tied for a playoff spot. :eek:

I still think it's a long shot (without a decent closer) but I'll enjoy the hope while it lasts.
I've been amazed, they just keep on winning!

Its doubly unbelievable that they traded Mancini and Lopez.

Maybe they will do it anyway!!

Debbie S

I've been amazed, they just keep on winning!

Its doubly unbelievable that they traded Mancini and Lopez.

Maybe they will do it anyway!!
Nope. :(

But at least they beat the Yankees last night. And they won't have a losing record this season. It's a good start. Back in May when they had the worst record in baseball, if you told me they would contend until the last week of the season, I would have been happy. They just need to not trade away the rising stars in the off-season. But with the current owners hiring Goldman Sachs to assess the team's value (presumably in prep for a sale), who knows.

Congrats to the AL division and wild card winners!

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Nope. :(

But at least they beat the Yankees last night. And they won't have a losing record this season. It's a good start. Back in May when they had the worst record in baseball, if you told me they would contend until the last week of the season, I would have been happy. They just need to not trade away the rising stars in the off-season. But with the current owners hiring Goldman Sachs to assess the team's value (presumably in prep for a sale), who knows.

Congrats to the AL division and wild card winners!
Considering their record last season, this season was a really great step up for them. They have a lot to build on.

I hate to even think about owners and what they can do...

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
Is anyone watching the Blue Jays & Mariners? This game is insane. Blue Jays were up 8-1, now it's tied at 9 in the 8th and players are dropping like flies with injuries.

Debbie S

Very surprising to see the Mariners win the series but congrats to them for not giving up. Sorry, danafan.

I'm also a little surprised at the Guardians beating the Rays but the Rays did seem to fade a bit toward the end of the season.

I'm not really rooting for anyone at this point but I have some good friends in NJ who are Mets fans so I guess I'll root for them.

Firedancer

Is anyone watching the Blue Jays & Mariners? This game is insane. Blue Jays were up 8-1, now it's tied at 9 in the 8th and players are dropping like flies with injuries.

No, but I saw they had an insane comeback. I can’t believe the Blue Jays and Rays both got swept. Waiting impatiently for the Yankees to get started on Tuesday.

Lacey

Phillies returning home, 1-1 vs Braves, hopefully going to clean things up here.
My son, who was a pitcher himself, thought Zack Wheeler might have gotten spooked by hitting a batter w a pitch, he was on his way to breezing thru 9 innings and poof, he was fried and out. But Schwarber and Hoskins have gotta bat better at 1, 2 or maybe be moved down, but good old Bryce Harper is popping right back in. GO PHILS!!!

Last edited:

MsZem

I see the sea
Ugh, those LCS matchups...

At least the Dodgers are out too. Um, go Padres? :cheer2:

Firedancer

Yankees win!! That was a lot harder than it should have been and I thought Boone was going to manage them right out of the series but bring on the Astros!

Lacey

Phillies won game #1 at Padres, 2-0, Harper and Schwarber each hit solo home runs, go Bryce w. what was eventually the game winner, and Kyle’s HR was the longest one ever hit in that stadium, and he was on the visiting team!

Last edited:

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Phillies won game #1 at Padres, 2-0, Harper and Schwarber each hit solo home runs, go Bryce w. what was eventually the game winner, and Kyle’s HR was the longest one ever hit in that stadium!
This is why I'm on the Go Phillies bandwagon, Harper and Schwarber. Schwarber's home runs are epic!

Debbie S

I've been out of the loop after being at SA the past 4 days but I see that the Astros knocked out the Yankees. Hee hee. Go Astros!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information