Dancing With the Stars - Season 30

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
We may get a Cool Rider but those other two, definitely not on ABC. However, if an OES dance team were to do that I would uber them forever.

Debbie S

Yep, Grease night is next Monday. Tyra said "the movie Grease," so it sounds like it's only the original Grease, not Grease 2. :)

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
Yep, Grease night is next Monday. Tyra said "the movie Grease," so it sounds like it's only the original Grease, not Grease 2. :)
I feel like she mentioned motorcycles but I may be delirious. They have to include Grease 2 as I’m not sure there are enough songs for all the dancers. Grease 2 is superior with queen Michelle. Give me “Girl for all Seasons” with 4 costume changes.:encore::encore::encore::encore:

screech

While Grease 2 definitely has some hilariously sexual songs 'hidden' with other things (like 'Score Tonight' taking place in a bowling alley), Grease the First does have lines like 'did she put up a fight' in Summer Nights, and Greased Lightning is all about getting some in a car.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I'm watching this a day late. And only giving it about 75% of my attention.

So do they always do Step 'n Time when they do something from Mary Poppins? It seems like it. :D Also, is it my imagination or is Tyra doing a worse job as host as time goes on? It's like she's getting more nervous instead of more confident.

I also thought JoJo was overmarked and she's my girl. They had some great waltz moments in there but also a few awkward ones. I agree with Len: 8!

Bachelor Guy's quickstep looked like a waltz in parts of it especially the beginning and he does a lot of "doing the steps without actually dancing." Bruno cracked me up with his "you're improving" because that's about the best you can say about that.

I think Olivia is the best dancer here and I don't think she has dance training at all. Did Val really say she was Simba and he was Nala? That can't be right because there was nothing Nala about his performance.

Hey, The Miz is getting better. He's not as annoying as a blue guy either.

Kenya's pro is kind of sucky at lifts. (He wasn't balanced and Derrick was right that it was his fault.)

And Brian Austin Greene just can't dance. He's not bad but he's not good either. He is good at getting me to look at Sharna though so he's at least a good partner. And I swear he totally messed up the Mickey Challenge.

Okay, Suni is shy and so they give her a song no one knows including her??? That hardly seems fair.

Melora is a good dancer too. I think she has a background in musical theater though. There's nothing either way on her wiki page but her parents were in the business and she started acting fairly young. Most theater for young kids is musicals with singing and dancing. Though I'm not sure I would have given her a 9. (But I guess if you give JoJo 9s, she needs them too.)

Cody looks like he's leading an aerobics class and not ballroom dancing. But he moves well. Who the heck was Cheryl supposed to be from The Goofy Movie?

Can we please get rid of Iman this week? (Said before he danced.) Though he is getting better. (Said after.) Also 8s? WTF?

It went over so I have no idea who was eliminated. On to Villians Night!

MacMadame

Doing all the things
So they aren't using songs from Disney? At least if I have to listen to Billie Eilish, it's the only song of hers I like. Jimmie has gotten much better too. He was really dancing this week.

I like this Lana Del Ray version of Once Upon a Dream too.

Okay, this week JoJo deserved her 9s. That was awesome. And Carrie Ann is a jealous beeyotch.

Okay, Atlanta Housewive isn't my fav but she rode my favorite ride at Disneyland and said the same thing I say at the end "I wanna go again" so I'm warming up to her. Too bad she has such a lame partner. Also, Carrie Ann, you don't have to do it. No other judge does.

And now I get to see my favorite ride ever! I'm liking villain's night better than hero's night! I still want Iman gone though. (And Brian Austin Green). Thought if he gets 9s, he's never going anywhere.

Tyra must have heard me because she changed into that nothing dress so I would have something to snark about.

Len just put Carrie Ann in her place and I'm there for it.

Okay, which ice dance team is going to skate to Pirates as Jack Sparrow and Barbossa? I would stan them forever.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I have to say that I didn't like Olivia's dance tonight. I didn't get it and it doesn't make me impressed with her dancing like I normally am.

Well, well. So The Bachelor Nation has failed Matt. 🤔

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
Tyra actually looked amazing this time! She did say Grease, but I agree, there are some songs from Grease 2 that I would die to hear again! Cool Rider, Girl for all Seasons, yes! Michelle is my queen!

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Tyra actually looked amazing this time! She did say Grease, but I agree, there are some songs from Grease 2 that I would die to hear again! Cool Rider, Girl for all Seasons, yes! Michelle is my queen!
There were non-Disney songs for Disney night so I suspect they will be generous as to what they mean by Grease when it comes to song selection.

Desperado

I’m usually not a fan of Disney week, but I loved Villains Night! Most of the marks were inflated though, especially disappointed in Len’s 10 and the tongue bath they gave to the NBA player even if their lifts were wicked.

screech

I sometimes miss the one season where they tried out giving half scores - I think it was the all star season. We ended up getting a lot of 9.5s, but it did help break apart those who deserved 9s, and those who were a bit better but not quite perfect.

I also remember one week one season (I want to say Evan's season but am probably misremembering) where they gave 2 scores per dance, just like in skating - one was solely for performance/presentation. I think there are a lot of teams getting higher scores than they deserve because they perform it so well, even though the actual dancing is crap.

screech

Unfortunately it looks like it's all Grease 1 songs. Boo! Though apparently all performances are 30 seconds longer this week.
  • Cody Rigsby and Cheryl Burke: quickstep to “We Go Together”
  • Jimmie Allen and Emma Slater: foxtrot to “Sandy”
  • Melanie C and Gleb Savchenko: quickstep to “You’re The One That I Want”
  • Melora Hardin and Artem Chigvintsev: Viennese waltz to “Look At Me, I’m Sandra Dee”
  • Olivia Jade and Val Chmerkovskiy: foxtrot to “Summer Nights”
  • Amanda Kloots and Alan Bersten: Viennese waltz to “Beauty School Dropout”
  • Suni Lee and Sasha Farber: charleston to “Born to Hand Jive”
  • Mike “The Miz Mizanin and Witney Carson: jive to “Greased Lightnin'”
  • Kenya Moore and Brandon Armstrong: rumba to “There Are Worse Things I Could Do”
  • Iman Shumpert and Daniella Karagach: Viennese waltz to “Hopelessly Devoted To You”
  • JoJo Siwa and Jenna Johnson: foxtrot to “Look At Me, I’m Sandra Dee (Reprise)”

According to the link above, Olivia Newton John (Sandy) and Didi Conn (Frenchie) will be in the ballroom. AND Frankie Avalon (who is 81 years old) will be performing Beauty School Dropout, live.

Susan1

Unfortunately it looks like it's all Grease 1 songs. Boo! Though apparently all performances are 30 seconds longer this week.
  • Melora Hardin and Artem Chigvintsev: Viennese waltz to “Look At Me, I’m Sandra Dee”
  • Kenya Moore and Brandon Armstrong: rumba to “There Are Worse Things I Could Do”
  • Iman Shumpert and Daniella Karagach: Viennese waltz to “Hopelessly Devoted To You”
  • JoJo Siwa and Jenna Johnson: foxtrot to “Look At Me, I’m Sandra Dee (Reprise)”

According to the link above, Olivia Newton John (Sandy) and Didi Conn (Frenchie) will be in the ballroom. AND Frankie Avalon (who is 81 years old) will be performing Beauty School Dropout, live.
I haven't been watching this season, but I think I will tonight.

Lemonade20

Sad there's no Grease 2 songs but I'm still excited for this!

screech

Though I know it's wishful thinking, I'd love it if they used the actual movie vocals, instead of whatever terrible rendition Ray Chew and his singers put out there.

Lemonade20

Though I know it's wishful thinking, I'd love it if they used the actual movie vocals, instead of whatever terrible rendition Ray Chew and his singers put out there.
It probably has to do with song rights, certain songs are very $$$$

screech

Any predictions on how Tyra is going to butcher outfits from the movie tonight?
I'm guessing she'll be in a poodle skirt and blouse to start, similar to the outfit from Summer Nights, since variations of that are what she wears through most of the movie. Tyra will probably have the cardigan somehow incorporated but in an unnatural way (since she seems to like unnecessary flowy bits), maybe held up by her shoulder pads.
Then for her costume change, an attempt at Sandy's black outfit from the end of the movie, but with her usual football player shoulders and probably made completely of pleather

I expect we'll just see variations of those two outfits on all the females tonight, except Suni who will be in something resembling the gorgeous white dress from the dance, and Amanda who's in a Frenchie-related song (and will probably wear a pink wig). And almost all the men will wear all black plus some with the leather jacket. Except for Sasha who'll be in the black and pink suit from the dance.

I notice there's the 2 versions of Look at Me, I'm Sandra Dee on the list, but neither dance style seems to fit with the Rizzo version of the song. Though if they do her version (it would be Melora's one, since the reprise is the Sandy one)

They should have had Julianne in the audience tonight, since she was surprisingly decent as Sandy in Grease Live (which remains IMO the best live tv musical that's been done so far, despite Aaron Tveit's miscasting as Danny). And for that, bring back Jordan Fisher, Carlos PenaVega, Mario Lopez, and Wanya Morris as well

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I notice there's the 2 versions of Look at Me, I'm Sandra Dee on the list, but neither dance style seems to fit with the Rizzo version of the song. Though if they do her version (it would be Melora's one, since the reprise is the Sandy one)
Could it be a mistake? That was my first thought, that only one of those dances would use the song and the other dance would use something else.

screech

Could it be a mistake? That was my first thought, that only one of those dances would use the song and the other dance would use something else.
I mean, I guess this could work for a Viennese Waltz. The producers like to try to force songs to fit styles they aren't really, so maybe it'll work.
This will definitely be a slow Foxtrot, though.

I almost think they should have switched the versions of the song between the 2 couples. Jojo and Jenna makes more sense for a slumber party.
Then again, there's always a chance that the site I found the list on is completely wrong.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
I almost think they should have switched the versions of the song between the 2 couples. Jojo and Jenna makes more sense for a slumber party.
Then again, there's always a chance that the site I found the list on is completely wrong.
Oh my god, you just made me laugh out loud!!!! I'm just thinking back in my teens "No Mom, don't come up, we're just goofing around!" LOL!!!

Debbie S

I guess Olivia isn't getting the votes? The cynic in me wonders if they placed her in the bottom 2 (with every intention to save her) to spur people to start voting. Because there was no way Val would be leaving this early.

Anyway, tonight was fun. Even the not-so-great dancers were fun to watch b/c they all got into character, and who doesn't like Grease. I'm never a big fan of Halloween night, so I'm cringing a little at what they might do next week.

Lilia A

My understanding is that this season (and last season), the bottom two is a legit bottom two and then asking the judges to save one. I guess it's to avoid things like Sabrina Bryan going home so early back in her season. From season 10-ish onward, instead of a bottom two, they'd just announce that two couples were "in jeopardy" before announcing the actual elimination. The whole in jeopardy thing was to make people nervous and probably to get people voting (or just for drama).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information