Crowdfunding campaign for SKATER (being made as part of the American Film Institute’s Directing Workshop for Women, choreo. by Rohene Ward)

Sylvia

TBD
Rohene Ward posted on his Instagram today about Jessica Kaye's film project: https://www.seedandspark.com/fund/dwwskater#story
Featuring Olympic level skating choreography and raw performances, SKATER is a thrilling and emotionally haunting film about the anxiety of becoming a young woman athlete. SKATER is being made as part of the American Film Institute’s Directing Workshop for Women.

As a female filmmaker, inclusion and representation, both in front of and behind the camera, are very important to me. In addition, telling stories with complex female characters is central to my mission as an artist. SKATER is about a young girl finding her voice.
As a former competitive figure skater, I've been dreaming of making a film like SKATER for a long time. I have developed the concept for several years, spending time with my former skating friends and coaches, doing research at the Olympic Training Center, and getting back on the ice myself. While there have been movies about ice-skating, I want to delve into the world of competitive figure skating in a way audiences have never seen before. From the emotional pressure and physical toll of an art that demands so much from its young participants, to the glory and beauty of a flawlessly executed program.
To that end, we've brought on my former teammate, friend, and world-renowned coach and choreographer, Rohene Ward. Respected throughout the global skating community, Rohene's choreography is edgy, transformative, and electrifying, and his immersion in today's skating world will make his work in this film timely and impactful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information