Coaching Changes -- best ways and worst ways to do it

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
I will say it is great you are helping your daughter with this. Young coaches are basically running a business and to have that support is very important.

clairecloutier

Thanks. I was really quite ticked off about it, but since talking to my daughter and helping her put together a game plan, I've cooled down. It's just been so hard in our area with fewer and fewer skaters getting on the ice. I understand this is all coming from a place of people panicking and fear for their jobs.

I think the same thing may be happening in our area? The club that my daughter and I belonged to closed down in 2018. They just didn't have enough skaters to support buying ice time any more, apparently. It was the smallest club in our particular area, so it may have been just a matter of consolidation. But I also overheard the rink director at our main rink telling someone that the rink has really been struggling with pulling in numbers ....

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
I think all coaches need a back up plan career. Unless you are one of the top coaches, you cannot depend on coaching being a career pathway. There are those that do and when things go bad they have nothing to fall back on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information