Chock and Bates

arakwafan2006

I’m here to eat my words, those words being that i don’t like their dancing. I felt like Igor taught them amazing skills but poorly blended the height difference and their choreography was forgettable even when Christopher Dean did it. Montreal shits the bed sometimes selecting choreography and music for their teams on the first try sometimes but they nailed it here. Madison is just impossible to turn away from and Evan is dialed completely in. While some would argue that the frequent lifting throughout the free plays into the rude gossip about Evan dragging Madison around, it was sublime and perfect for the program.

Last thing, i usually think Madison’s dresses are ghastly. This year, she’s approaching best dressed. This was not more of the same and I’m hoping to see how things pan out for them. That dance was so polished until it’s hard to believe Madison was injured.

I hope Pasquale takes the choreographic reigns in Novi for the top teams because Igor’s choreography is reaching obsolescence. His teaching of lifts, edges, tracking etc. the technical stuff is fantastic

Spun Silver

I had the same reaction but you put it better than I could. I was struck by their virtuosity - they seeemd faster and more fluid than I remembered, and their programs are fresh while still seeming like signature pieces for them. They're ready to rumble.

ETA: I really didn't like them much before. Now it's like, who wouldn't like THAT?

deegee

i have never enjoyed a program from this team until the fd this year. and now it's one of my favorite dances of the year. they both really shine in a way you always hope to see in a team. and the program is so well constructed to show off each of their strengths, as well as the huge strides they've made in the last few months with their flow and ease of movement.

not yet sold on the rd, though.

suki

Chock and Bates train in Montreal now at Gadbois. I think one of the choreographers did both programs. I don't think Igor or Pasquale had any involvement, although I agree with ArakawaFan that Igor is a great technician and Pasquale has choreographed some beautiful programs.

deegee

*record scratch*

What? What does this mean???
i think the op is referring to the criticisms of c/b's previous programs that were choreographed to mask the skating skills differential btw madison and evan which often ended up creating movements where evan was lifting and pulling madison around the ice so that they could be closer to each other rather than madison always being a bit behind him/following him.

muffinplus

I always liked them, even with Igor. I thought Dean's choreography for their free dance last year was actually good

As far as Igor, he can clearly choreograph good programs ( Weaver and Poje RD this year) or maybe it's because he loves tango, that program was good?

arakwafan2006

I always liked them, even with Igor. I thought Dean's choreography for their free dance last year was actually good

As far as Igor, he can clearly choreograph good programs ( Weaver and Poje RD this year) or maybe it's because he loves tango, that program was good?

I will Give him Tango’s

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information