Chicks Dig Diamonds: The 2021 Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I'm still not over the loss of Matt Duffy from the Giants, so I guess it's only fitting that he started third for the Cubs tonight after Kris Bryant was traded to the Giants.

I'd rather have Matt back :wuzrobbed
I'm not going to get over losing Trea Turner. The Nationals will replace him exactly never. I understand they couldn't get him to sign a long term contract so it made sense to trade him for value, but still. :fragile:

Its going to a while before they seem like the Nationals without him.

Firedancer

The Yankees have more Covid cases - so far 2 starting pitchers. :wall:

ETA:Both were vaccinated.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Max Scherzer is an instant hit in Los Angeles, delivering a dominant debut in Dodger blue

eh, nice :fragile:

A week has only made me feel more strongly that the Nationals fire sale was the wrong way to go. Granted they had injury problems that weren't going away, but they were a healthy Kyle Schwarber away from being contenders in a weak division. Throwing that all away on prospects who may never pan out makes no sense to me. I fully expect them to drop below the Marlins into last place, and unless they go out and get some players in free agency over the off season they'll be there next year too.

I don't get all the musical chairs in baseball. It seems like a team gets rid of one decent player only to later replace him with another decent player. It doesn't add up to anything but a lot of shuffling.

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
The Giants tried to give me a heart attack by taking the division all the way to game 162, but it's all good. I didn't even expect them to make the post season, so 107 wins?????!!!??!?!?!? Dude.

I need St. Louis to beat the snot out of the Dodgers, please.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
The Giants tried to give me a heart attack by taking the division all the way to game 162, but it's all good. I didn't even expect them to make the post season, so 107 wins?????!!!??!?!?!? Dude.

I almost had a heart attack when they lost Saturday, and I don't even follow them! But I figured they'd win Sunday. Giants all the way! But uh Dodgers when Max Scherzer is pitching.
Giants and Yankees are in. YESSSS! Tomorrow's Yankees Red Sox game is gonna be fun.
Heh, I still can feel that game in 1978. :yikes:

MsZem

I see the sea
It's like 1993, except with both teams getting into the postseason!

Nothing good can ever come of the Cardinals advancing in the playoffs.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
That was a good game last night. Too bad it was already past my bedtime by the middle of the 5th inning. :sleep:

I really liked that Cardinals team, too bad, but I guess LA vs SF is going to be a classic.

Go Giants!

myhoneyhoney

Fleet Week and Giants/Dodgers series both happening at the same time on the Piers side of SF. The city is gonna be rockin!!

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I'm sad my favorite Rays player (Brett Phillips) wasn't put on the roster for this series.

We'll always have last year's mid-World Series dance off with Arozarena.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Well, the RedSox had no business making it this far.
Although I’m loving that Fox is close to having two small market teams in the WS!

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
So the Astros are playing the Braves at home tomorrow night. I thought I'd surprise DH and get us tickets but they are over $500 apiece.... My back is like 8 out of 10 pain and climbing. I guess it's not happening... Go 'stros!

MsZem

I see the sea
I've been a Braves fan for so long, and had gotten so used to them finding ways to lose in the postseason. Not this year :cheer2:

The Nationals' congratulatory message is :rofl:

Now please retire the name and the chop, it's time for something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information