Champs Camp August 18-23, 2018

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Can we do a Champs Camp thread this year for photos and socials of all the skaters & coaches. And all other things Champs Camp? Speculations whose getting the TBDs for SkAm? Yasssssssss.

Champs Camp

Date: August 18-23, 2018

Location: Colorado Springs Olympic Training Center/World Arena

*Attended by athletes assigned to a 2018 Grand Prix Series competition. Champs Camp is performance-based. Athletes perform their short program and free skate programs (ice dancing teams: short and free dances) in a simulated competition environment. The camp also includes technical feedback sessions, pre-participation physical exams, mental training sessions and nutrition seminars. Primary coaches of an athlete assigned to a Grand Prix Series event are required to attend.

Sylvia

TBD
Known to be attending Champs Camp this year (GP assignments already announced):

*making Grand Prix Series & Champs Camp debut

LADIES
*Starr Andrews, Mariah Bell, Karen Chen, Gracie Gold, Courtney Hicks, Bradie Tennell, Angela Wang, Skate America TBD

MEN
Jason Brown, Nathan Chen, *Alexander Johnson, *Alex Krasnozhon, Vincent Zhou, Skate America TBD
Note: Jimmy Ma is attending his first Champs Camp per social media posts.

PAIRS
Ashley Cain/Timothy LeDuc, Haven Denney/Brandon Frazier, Tarah Kayne/Danny O’Shea, *Audrey Lu/Misha Mitrofanov, Alexa Scimeca-Knierim/Chris Knierim, Deanna Stellato/Nathan Bartholomay, Skate America TBD
Note: The new team of Jessica Calalang/Brian Johnson are attending their first Champs Camp together (his first time ever) per his IG post and I’ve heard that Nica Digerness/Danny Neudecker will be attending their first Champs Camp as well.

ICE DANCE
Madison Hubbell/Zachary Donohue, *Christina Carreira/Anthony Ponomarenko, Madison Chock/Evan Bates, Kaitlin Hawayek/Jean-Luc Baker, Lorraine McNamara/Quinn Carpenter, Rachel Parsons/Michael Parsons, Skate America TBD

ETA - re-posting from the GP Assignments thread:
Jimmy Ma's most recent Instagram story has Hanna Harrell in it. The location tagged was the USOTC. Thoughts?
I heard USFS has invited some of their top junior international skaters to Champs Camp this year.

Sylvia

TBD
^^^ Simple link is: https://www.instagram.com/usfigureskating/

https://twitter.com/LynnRutherford/status/1030854756099477504
.@USFigureSkating's Emerging Athletes Program happening in Colorado Springs. @hansrosemund captures Hanna Harrell, Pooja Kalyan, Andrew Torgashev, Alysa Liu, Camden Pulkinen, Ting Cui, TJ Nyman, Sarah Feng, Tomoki Hiwatashi (hidden in this photo).
So 4 ladies, 3 men and 1 pair team have been invited to Champs Camp as part of the new "Emerging Athletes" program this year. :)

Last edited:

Tavi

So 4 ladies, 3 men and 1 pair team have been invited to Champs Camp as part of the new "Emerging Athletes" program this year. :)

This is great news, and I’m so glad that Lynn is reporting!

I’ve really missed her skating related tweets and Ice Network articles by her and others. And can I just say, I really really miss the Ice Talk podcast. I thought some of the IceNetwork content was supposed to move to the USFS Fan Zone, and that there would be new articles, but there’s not much there at the moment. I was also hoping that Ice Talk would move to NBC or that Jackie and Nick would do something similar independently - but so far, nothing.

Last edited:

Dobre

I wonder why no dance teams. The Greens, for example, would be a perfect choice.

Probably for the same reason the Greens pulled out of Bratislava. Except for Hanna, the athletes listed are all medalists from Junior Nationals or the JGP. With Lewis & Bye and the Greens currently MIA, we are fresh out Junior Nationals medalists in dance. Though you could argue that Gropman & Somerville have done more than Harrell. They finished fourth in both their JGPs last season. They are off to Bratislava very soon, but so are Kalyan & Torgashev.

Last edited:

Frida80

^^^ Simple link is: https://www.instagram.com/usfigureskating/

Oh. I had hoped they invite the five scoring juniors in each level this year. Don't get me wrong, u think this is sensational idea and I've wanted it for ages. But the numbers are a bit smaller than I wanted.

If Alysa is there, maybe they have another fall asignment for her.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Has anyone spotted or heard from GG yet?
Yesterday, US Figure Skating tweeted a video of a hug between Gold and Brown from 2017 Champs Camp with the message:
Just hours till ALL the #ChampsCamp18 reunions!​
On the other hand, US Figure Skating also leaves in skaters who aren't competing in an event in their advertising, so, who knows if this is just bait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information