CBC Sports streaming & CBC TV schedules for 2020 Worlds from Montreal

Skate Talker

Thanks for the info, @victorskid

Right now the TV broadcast listings are totally confusing. The page says the times are shown as CST (my current time zone), but by the time of Worlds we will be on CDT. Actually this is par for the course on the CBC schedules and usually means CDT
Also for the individual listings it is all mucked up. For example:

- in the time column for Pairs Short it has 2:00 pm CST, but then in the comments it says 4 p.m. your local time zone. This of course makes no sense at all. Even if they meant 4 p.m. ET there is only a 1 hour difference between ET & CT.

- for Men's Short once again the time column shows 2:00 pm CST, but the comments say 4 p.m. ET Quebec-west. Again this doesn't make sense because 4 p.m. ET is 3 p.m. CT

As always I will have to figure it out from my cable provider's schedule, which usually ends up changing several times before the event starts just to add to the fun.

Last edited:

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!

Right now the TV broadcast listings are totally confusing. The page says the times are shown as CST (my current time zone), but by the time of Worlds we will be on CDT. Actually this is par for the course on the CBC schedules and usually means CDT

- in the time column for Pairs Short it has 2:00 pm CST, but then in the comments it says 4 p.m. your local time zone. This of course makes no sense at all. Even if they meant 4 p.m. ET there is only a 1 hour difference between ET & CT.

- for Men's Short once again the time column shows 2:00 pm CST, but the comments say 4 p.m. ET Quebec-west. Again this doesn't make sense because 4 p.m. ET is 3 p.m. CT

As always I will have to figure it out from my cable provider's schedule, which usually ends up changing several times before the event starts just to add to the fun.

Up until now they weren't showing anything so, at least, they are now showing something :) I always say to check local schedules!!
I believe when you go to the link it automatically shows "your" time zone.

skatingguy

decently

When I look at it is showing 3:00 PM EST and then says 4pm local in the notes. I think the first time is the current time in my time zone, not taking into account the time change - clocks move one hour forward so what is 3pm now becomes 4pm after the time change. It's a very confusing way of showing it, but the daylight savings time change has become anachronistic anyways.

Skate Talker

When I look at it is showing 3:00 PM EST and then says 4pm local in the notes. I think the first time is the current time in my time zone, not taking into account the time change - clocks move one hour forward so what is 3pm now becomes 4pm after the time change.
Well that is one explanation but that hasn't been the case in the past. Once the clocks change the time in the schedule doesn't usually even though it will now claim it is showing it as DST.

P.S. I could do without the time change too but only if they chose DST as the permanent time because if it were to all become what is now CST, the sun would be up here at 3:30-4:00 in the morning in the summer. Even in the winter I prefer my daylight more later in the day.

kalamalka

Glad to hear that. A dancer and a pairs skater (who was second in junior men, too) cover all the disciplines with relevant expertise. I appreciated Dylan's technical comments when he worked with Ted on the junior and novice events at Canadians last year. And they do seem to work well together.

Anemone

I will be interested to see what happens to broadcasting with this cancellation. With events that still take place, but without an audience, viewing on TV/streaming etc., becomes even more important. However, when an event is cancelled, it leaves a big gap in the scheduling. That gap has to be filled with something. I hope it is filled with skating.
And quoting part of my own post in the Worlds cancellation thread:
@A.H.Black commented upthread on the airtime Worlds (and other cancelled sports events) was scheduled for and that now broadcasters will need to fill that time. I intend to email the Canadian broadcaster (since I happen to be Canadian) and suggest they take a poll or vote from fans on what previous skating event(s)/program(s) they would like to see re-aired to fill the time. I would love to see them do a compilation broadcast(s) off all the Canadian World/Olympic medal winning performances over the last decade or two. I'm quite sure that would fill some air time and give the skating fans of this country something to watch & enjoy.

I do hope some of my fellow Canadians from the board will also write in to CBC and suggest some form of skating programming to fill the airtime. Perhaps if enough of us write in about it, we'll still get some type of skating programming, even if it isn't Worlds.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
CBC has already removed the skating from their TV schedule as the automatic pre-programming of my PVR for next week has now disappeared.

They will have lots of programming space to fill with the cancellation of hockey, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information