CBC Revives Battle of the Blades Skating Show!

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Sheldon Kennedy took figure skating classes as a kid, in addition to playing hockey. I remember reading an interview with another NHL player who talked about how you could tell the players that had also done figure skating when they were younger, because their stroking and edges were so much better than the players who had only done hockey training.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City

starrynight

I think these are the performance shows that go live. Are there also other shows that show the training etc which aren’t live?

tylersf

I wish we had more pro-Am shows in the USA. We sure have enough ex-skaters to produce a boat load of shows on TV or live.
Maybe after Skate America in Vegas, someone will be inspired to produce an ice show at one of the major hotels, and not the kind Kay Thomson was in.

Satellizer

existing
Amanda Evora, Katia Gordeeva, Violetta Afanasieva
6eafc815dd3222aa6220d49f4a09e29b.jpg

Winnipeg

Hmmm, Hinzmann, Kerr, and Sale all married their BOTB partners? :eek: I recall the Sale BOTB romance, but wasn't Sale still married to Pelletier at the time? Are you guys trying to intimate that sparks will fly regardless of significant other attachments? :lol: Something like that happened with Lloyd Eisler on a similar ice-related show in the U.S., no?

Oh well, hopefully no one is going on these shows looking for love exactly. ;)

No, Sale was not with Pelletier at the time. I remember because I thought it was in bad taste when the station announced that "newly single" Sale would be a contestant. It just did not hit me right because it seemed they were celebrating the divorce?

Both she and Pelletier were pursuing new partners at the time. I got the sense, unsubstantiated, that there break up was mutual

barbarafan

No, Sale was not with Pelletier at the time. I remember because I thought it was in bad taste when the station announced that "newly single" Sale would be a contestant. It just did not hit me right because it seemed they were celebrating the divorce?

Both she and Pelletier were pursuing new partners at the time. I got the sense, unsubstantiated, that there break up was mutual
They were separated at the time- main cause that I read at the time was his running around.

JasperBoy

Stayin inside
It can't be because didn't Gordeev participate one year?
Yes she did, and I recall that she hated the experience. I am surprised that she has returned but probably her relationship with David P has a lot to do with that.

starrynight

Yes she did, and I recall that she hated the experience. I am surprised that she has returned but probably her relationship with David P has a lot to do with that.

Why did Katia dislike it? (Of course I can think of many reasons, but did she ever say?)

Satellizer

existing
Why did Katia dislike it? (Of course I can think of many reasons, but did she ever say?)
I don't believe she disliked the show itself per say, but I remember an article saying it was too much of a strain on her household to be away so often. Liza was still very young then but now she's off to Uni and Daria looks to be doing better so she probably feels she has the liberty to take this type of project on again.

Desperado

Anyone find it weird that they say they're going to announce the pairings and then… nothing? I'm wondering if some players have bowed out and they're scrambling to replace them.

I don't recognize the player skating with Gordeeva but he looks like a young retiree who could be interesting to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information