Castle TV show changes and other TV *SPOILER* discussions

Susan1

Well, I guess it was an ok ending. (shrug)

I have SO not been paying attention to the LOKSAT (that I don't even know how to spell) story line, I didn't even remember who the guy was who shot them toward the end! Oh well. For all the "oh gee, who knew this was going to be a set up"s, I don't know how they survived anything.

BaileyCatts

So I'm guessing had the show been renewed, it would have ended with them both shot and crawling to each other in a desperate last act of love. Blah. I hate gooey crap like that. :p And yea, clearly the tacked on ending was 'oh crap, we be canceled, let's throw something together quick so they have a happy ending'. Double blah. :p:p

I liked the early years of Castle the best. I know the plan was to always have Castle end up with Beckett, but once they hooked up, it just wasn't the same show for me anymore.

BaileyCatts

Now for my other complaints on the TV season ..... Quantico gets renewed, and has an ending that doesn't really matter if the show comes back or not. Not some big dramatic cliffhanger, just 'will she or won't she join the CIA'. Well clearly, she will since she can no longer work for the FBI. That is what I would think anyway and I wouldn't have really cared if it wasn't coming back with that ending. That was closure for me.

But The Family gets canceled, and there's about a dozen different unanswered questions and cliffhangers that we'll never have answers too! I hate it when they do that! :mad: Whenever a TV show gets canceled, at least if its a drama with long term story lines versus comedy shows, they should be required to get one more 1 hour episode to answer all the questions! Even if its rapid pace and doesn't really make sense, answer the damn unanswered questions! I hate it when they just end dramas like that with no clear answers!

:shuffle: I'm way to invested in TV, but whatevs. I don't go to the movies so its my only entertainment. :p

Skate Talker

Let's pass a law that every show has to film a finale version of their last episode each season as well as a "yes - we got renewed!" last episode every year :). I'm sure that would never cost too much, ha ha.

ballettmaus

:shuffle: I'm way to invested in TV, but whatevs. I don't go to the movies so its my only entertainment. :p

Me too. :D

Let's pass a law that every show has to film a finale version of their last episode each season as well as a "yes - we got renewed!" last episode every year :). I'm sure that would never cost too much, ha ha.

I'm all for tying up stories and then set up a next season. No cliffhanger. Just a set up that makes you curious to find out but if it doesn't happen, then you still have closure. Sort of like open-ended books/movies.

Skate Talker

I'm all for tying up stories and then set up a next season. No cliffhanger. Just a set up that makes you curious to find out but if it doesn't happen, then you still have closure. Sort of like open-ended books/movies.

Oh that's better. Just like movies that tell the complete story they started out with, then leave you with possibilities for what comes next. Are these writers smart enough to do that season after season though? Mind you, they did that pretty much with each and every episode of Quantum Leap where they gave you a teaser for next week's show, but each time that could have just as well served as a finale letting us imagine what the new leap was all about.

Susan1

But The Family gets canceled, and there's about a dozen different unanswered questions and cliffhangers that we'll never have answers too! I hate it when they do that! :mad: Whenever a TV show gets canceled, at least if its a drama with long term story lines versus comedy shows, they should be required to get one more 1 hour episode to answer all the questions! Even if its rapid pace and doesn't really make sense, answer the damn unanswered questions! I hate it when they just end dramas like that with no clear answers!

How early did they decide to cancel it? It seems like it took about 4 episodes before they started showing flashbacks of what happened and I started getting really interested.

ballettmaus

How early did they decide to cancel it? It seems like it took about 4 episodes before they started showing flashbacks of what happened and I started getting really interested.

Last Thursday when they decided to cancel all the other shows, too. Personally, I think a S1 always needs to have a conclusion and maybe/merely tease a "what could happen" in S2.

Oh that's better. Just like movies that tell the complete story they started out with, then leave you with possibilities for what comes next. Are these writers smart enough to do that season after season though?

As far as I know, showrunners have to pitch a general outline to the network before a renewal decision. So, I think it should be no problem to do that. One teaser doesn't set you in stone, you can always make adjustments if need be.
And I never watched Quantum Leap but it definitely sounds like my kind of writers/showrunners :) I think that is the fairest and most respectful way to handle it in regards to fans and show/characters.

Susan1

Last Thursday when they decided to cancel all the other shows, too. Personally, I think a S1 always needs to have a conclusion and maybe/merely tease a "what could happen" in S2.

Yeah, I was kind of thinking like they decided not to even work on a season 2 already after the first couple episodes because season 1 was not interesting enough and they didn't even bother with a conclusion or something to continue on with or whatever because nobody was watching? I don't even know how the ratings have been. My DVRing wouldn't even count because I've recorded them all and then watched two in a row way later.

I've still got the two final episodes of Limitless to watch. And the final final episode of Blood and Oil. (And still the same last five rerun episodes of Friday Night Lights because once I watch them, they will be gone! sniff sniff)

BaileyCatts

And I never watched Quantum Leap but it definitely sounds like my kind of writers/showrunners :) I think that is the fairest and most respectful way to handle it in regards to fans and show/characters.

I loved Quantum Leap! One of my most favorite shows ever. So many episodes made me cry and the stories were really heartfelt and touching. I don't know if its out there on Netflix or anything, but if you want to binge watch something on a rainy cold weekend, great show. :) Sam was a time traveler (so suspend belief and just watch the stories), and would jump into the life of someone to 'put right what once went wrong' in that person's life. While there was a recurring storyline of him trying to get back home, each episode was a self contained story with a beginning, middle and end, and the episode would end with him jumping into the next life for the next episode. So at any time if the show would have gotten canceled unexpectedly, it would have had a conclusion. Just a wondering of who that next life was going to be.

ballettmaus

I loved Quantum Leap! One of my most favorite shows ever. So many episodes made me cry and the stories were really heartfelt and touching. I don't know if its out there on Netflix or anything, but if you want to binge watch something on a rainy cold weekend, great show. :) Sam was a time traveler (so suspend belief and just watch the stories),

I watch Once Upon a Time so no problem there ;) Will keep it in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information