Can't Help Falling In Love ... with Hubbell & Donohue (fan thread #2)

topaz

A little disappointed with the results but they did their best.

I thought the last 20 seconds of the FD were better. I really liked Zach's costume in the FD. Hopefully they can get some rest and comeback with fresh ideas next season. I like the Gadbois team but I would love for them to work with another choreographer next season. I would like to see Shae Lynn's choreography on them.

lmarie086

missing my cat :(
The new music change at the end makes a huge difference for me! That made the whole program better. And now, after watching some of the programs, I do think they should have at least finished 2nd in the FD, if not overall. Still, it was very close between them and S/K.

I hope they are proud of themselves - it felt like they had a lot to fight for after 4CC.

Are they doing WTT? If not, I hope they take some time to relax and reflect, and I hope they go into next season fully re-energized. I'd love to see them work with Shae Lynn as someone else mentioned, and John Kerr at some point. If they are open to taking music suggestions, I will have some. :)

topaz

The new music change at the end makes a huge difference for me! That made the whole program better.
I'd love to see them work with Shae Lynn as someone else mentioned, and John Kerr at some point. If they are open to taking music suggestions, I will have some. :)

LOL, so do I. I committed to @Coco a few weeks ago I would love Madi/Zach to skate to "A Star Is Born" soundtrack. Their chemistry and connection would do the song "Shallow" justice.

Last edited:

levineismine

I believed in Hubbell&Donohue before it was cool
Congrats to Madi and Zach on another World medal! :cheer2:
I'm happy they performed the FD best on the World stage, but I agree it's not their best work program-wise. I thought at the beginning of the season they could develop more the story/characters but in the end it remained a pretty abstract r&j.
I'm curious to see how they will do in the RD next year. It seems like the operetta/musical theme will call more for a fun/theatrical program, which is not something they have done before (or recently, iirc).

laviemn

I don't think there's any reason why they wouldn't be chosen for WTT. This would be their first time, and it might enable them to afford outside choreo for next season.

I'm very glad they had triumphant skate with the FD and won another World medal. No matter what struggles they may have, they'll always have their fantastic skating skills to lean on.

Ka3sha

Madi on Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/splashmad...tm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1isfj19g9nue1

I have so many beautiful photos of my performances with @zachtdonohue , but we don’t usually get such candid photos of our training process. @oniceperspectives was with us during one of the many challenging weeks of this year. We pushed ourselves to perform at our best, and were often exhausted. We had many laughs and lighthearted moments with our team, but we also had many days where we took every moment not working to go within ourselves and find the resolve to push our limits. .
I love this life, and I am grateful for the lessons I have learned from this sport. Thank you @oniceperspectives for this photo! People may look at this and see fatigue, stress, focus, or any other feeling. What I see is a quiet hunger building behind those eyes. A hunger to discover the limits of my body, my sport, and my passion. I will continue to search, as I feel that I have not yet come close.

lmarie086

missing my cat :(
I just watched their FD from WTT, and to me, that was the lightest their skating has looked all season. I don't want to say that their skating has looked heavy this season because that's not what I mean, but it hasn't had the same lightness across the ice. And I think that is truly the issue that I had with their programs this season. BUT - they looked beautiful in the FD at WTT (I haven't watched the RD yet).

Of course, SOI is right around the corner, but I hope they are able to take some time to relax and regroup a little bit before jumping back into training. I can't wait to see what they come up with for next season - and I do have some ideas for them so if there is someone in particular that I should mention them to, let me know! :lol:

semogal

I am so glad that they got to experience the WTT this year. Not only does it look like a lot of fun, it also has nice prize money! Madison really embraced her Team Captain role. I know some think WTT is cheesy but I love the antics in the K&C and Zach did not disappoint. Lol

UMBS Go Blue

Слава Україні!
I happened to be flying to Tokyo and was watching "A Star is Born" right when they were performing their FD at Worlds... and I thought to myself, "hmmmm... wouldn't it be nice if they skated to this next year?" :lol:

topaz

Did Zach hint on instagram that he and Madi are skating to "Shallow" next season?

ETA: OH MY GAWD!!!

I mentioned this earlier in the thread after Worlds that I wanted to skate to A Star is Born soundtrack. This may turn out to be a signature program for them. The songs lends itself to emotion and highlight moves, especially "Shallow".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information