Can't Help Falling In Love ... with Hubbell & Donohue (fan thread #2)

arakwafan2006

The concepts sounds great. I listened to the "Cought out in the rain" and it's probably going to be a good vehicle for them. What they need if they want to beat the shibs or be a solid 4th best team is TWO programs that are awesome. The past two years it's been one program that was stronger than the other. I also like that the music suits them in an Olympic year. They're going to bring the sex appeal but the concentration is what's going to be important. I hope that they realized how good they are and that the disappointing performances towards the end of the season don't have a Gracie Gold like effect. I don't always think they're better than the Italians and I'm not sure if the judges will place them ahead of the Russian's or Weaver and Poje but I know the judges were pretty clear at Worlds that they liked our 3rd ranked American team.

Wishing them the best

VGThuy

I don't know if I agree that they only had one awesome program out of two for the past two seasons. Plus, it's sort of funny that the program that tends to be considered "weaker" all season has placed them higher than the program that was better received all season at the past two Worlds.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
It all comes down to how they skate now I think. That they can be 3rd in the world with their weakest program ever (and move up) is freaking amazing. They just have to hit next season and skate with control.

The mistake in the Worlds FD was a big blow, but the ground work for medaling has been done. Now they just have to skate with passion and without mistakes. (and keep making progress). The judges have hearts and will probably reward them if they deliver clean programs.

VGThuy

The only issue I really had with the program was Madison's dancing at the beginning (some of it was the actual choreography). By Worlds, she was smokin'.

UMBS Go Blue

Слава Україні!
Madi has a new blog entry up where she talks about managing expectations, especially in a partnership:

www.hubbell-donohue.com

Zach and I have an incredibly strong partnership, and I think a big part of our chemistry comes from the way we clash. We are matched in many ways – our dedication, loyalty, style, or size. The things we cannot excel without. We are not matched in our communication patterns, working styles, or social behavior. Our personalities blend to make fire, and it either really works, or it really doesn’t. We have been through many ups and downs in our career, with personal and professional struggles. In the tough times, we sought out advice.

VGThuy

If you guys haven't seen both of their Instagram stories in Lake Placid, you need to before they expire. They're hilarious.

lmarie086

missing my cat :(
I'm loving these little previews for the programs! Just from these brief looks, Madison and Zach really seem to have strong dances this season. I'm wishing them all the very best for the season- may it be their best one yet!!

I may have to buy an Icenetwork pass this season just to make sure I can see more of their competitions-though of course, I'll be at a wedding during the FD at the US Classic lol.

nimi

Very good AMA! Loved their a to a q about particularly challenging aspects of ice dance:
Training with another person is hard! It is like marriage. (...) But, imagine the aggression and excitement you get out of a really challenging workout, mixed with the anxiety before a big test! Now...go!

haha

For some reason I just imagine a potato sack 3 legged race. When you do well, you think your partner is the greatest. When you crash and burn, the inital reaction in your brain is to blame the other.
:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information