Angelo D'Agostino has passed

Sylvia

TBD
:(

@N_Halifax's January 2015 interview: http://skateguard1.blogspot.com/2015/01/interview-with-angelo-dagostino.html
What was so great about working with Carlo and Christa Fassi was how they complimented each other so well. They were truly the "dynamic duo". They each had their strengths; all bases were covered. Carlo was the ultimate career manager and compulsory figures technician. Christa was excellent with jumps and overall technique. ... I think that what often made it work so well with me and Carlo and Christa was not only Carlo and Christa themselves but the environment they created at the Broadmoor during those years. Carlo had an amazing support staff of coaches all of which taught me so much. I had Christy Krall, Janet Champion and Phillip Mills as my support staff. Talk about the dream team!

ETA link to Lois Elfman's October 2015 interview with him: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2015/10/08/153346860/dagostino-embraces-creative-process-on-high-seas
I'm part of a new group called The Collective. We are a group of skaters and coaches who are trying to move skating forward by going back to the basics. We are part of the last generation of skaters who did figures, with most of us being pre-IJS (international judging system) skaters and coaches. We are passionate about the beauty of skating and strive to open up discussions using social media and seminars to work on effectively incorporating this into the world of IJS. We are exploring practical applications of edge and turn exercises in a contemporary way. We hope to get coaches and skaters excited again about mastering a beautiful outside edge the same way we get excited about mastering a quad.

Last edited:

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I think he came to Ann Arbor Figure Skating Club's annual show Melody on Ice back in the early 80s. Was he known for huge delayed axel jumps? In any event, I remember the name. He was a huge favorite of my mother's. He's way too young to die :( rest in peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information