American Ninja Warrior

watchthis!!

Tonight's episode is the Atlanta qualifiers. Travis Rosen returns after breaking his ankle at the finals last year. Drew Drechsel, Ryan Stratis will be competing and I found these other competitors mentioned in an article (but they're not confirmed officially): Neil Craver, Bootie Cothran, Brett Sims, Grace Sims, Tyler Gillett, Nick Woodard and Kevin Carbone.

Highlights from last week's episode:

- Seeing David Campbell perform so well. And the head to head competition between Hunter Guerard and Campbell was amazing.

- Scott Willson making it up the mega wall. And seeing Flip Rodriguez come so close with his three attempts. I thought on his third try he'd do the regular warped wall so as to finish the course, but I guess he really wanted that $10,000! :lol:

- Seeing two women make the top 30. Although the other three in the women's top five barely made a dent in the course. I like seeing Tiana Webberley each year, but I just want to see her do so much better!

- Adam Rayl's biceps. :D

What was your highlight for last week's episode?

RoseRed

Tonight's episode is the Atlanta qualifiers. Travis Rosen returns after breaking his ankle at the finals last year. Drew Drechsel, Ryan Stratis will be competing and I found these other competitors mentioned in an article (but they're not confirmed officially): Neil Craver, Bootie Cothran, Brett Sims, Grace Sims, Tyler Gillett, Nick Woodard and Kevin Carbone.

Highlights from last week's episode:

- Seeing David Campbell perform so well. And the head to head competition between Hunter Guerard and Campbell was amazing.

- Scott Willson making it up the mega wall. And seeing Flip Rodriguez come so close with his three attempts. I thought on his third try he'd do the regular warped wall so as to finish the course, but I guess he really wanted that $10,000! :lol:

- Seeing two women make the top 30. Although the other three in the women's top five barely made a dent in the course. I like seeing Tiana Webberley each year, but I just want to see her do so much better!

- Adam Rayl's biceps. :D

What was your highlight for last week's episode?
This year, once they attempt the Mega Wall, they cannot move back down to the regular wall.

watchthis!!

This year, once they attempt the Mega Wall, they cannot move back down to the regular wall.

:eek: I missed that! Usually only a select number of people make it to the warped wall, so I guess it's safe for anybody to try the mega wall. But I wonder if there will be a time when so many people do well that somebody trying the mega wall and not making it means they will get cut by that choice.

Anybody know which city Jessie Graff competes in? Can't wait to see her back on the course.

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
I liked seeing Danell Leyva run. Jonathan Horton has run a number of times, but he has a disadvantage due to his height. I wasn't expecting much from Danell, but was glad to see him do well.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
My cousin's son Kyle Schultze, the Deaf Ninja, is competing for his 3rd season. I think he competes in Cincinnati.

I don't remember seeing him when I was there but I couldn't see the names of the competitors very well from my spot near the course and I also only watched the city finals so he could have run Friday night during the prelims. I hope he did well! :cheer:

BTW-I enjoyed tonight's ep and I think I might have been able to make it up that doggie wall....it was flatter and not as high, LOL :lol:

watchthis!!

Does anybody know if competitors wear sports cups? Tony Miles just took a very...centred fall onto the rotating blocks. After seeing how bad Travis Rosen's leg looked after his accident, a fall to a man's, umm, mid-section could maybe mean adoption being his only choice for fatherhood... :eek: :eek: :eek:

watchthis!!

My favourite moment of tonight was Roo Yori's story about his work to get dogs adopted into new families. Loved his reaction when he got the $20,000 cheque for his charity from the producers of The Secret Life of Pets.

Glenn Davis was inspiring. To do so well at 56! :kickass: And also be the coach of 12 people participating in Atlanta. :40beers:

Sad that Bootie Cothran didn't do well enough to participate in the city finals, after doing so the previous two seasons. :(

Devin Harrelson's story was the scariest with that faulty equipment crashing, resulting in a skull fracture. :eek: I wonder if that was an actual gym or something he had set up somewhere to practise? If it's the former, I wonder how much money he received from his lawsuit!

Glad the women did better than last week, Jessica Clayton was so close to finishing! Would have been cool for her to be the first Mom to complete a course.

One thing that surprised me about tonight was that twelve of the top 30 received absolutely no mention at all on the show. Seven of those twelve completed the course, but we didn't see anything about them. I guess they're saving stuff about people for the city finals episode, but I would have thought these seven would have at least be included in a re-cap segment... :mad:

RoseRed

It was so great to see Travis back doing so well. I was concerned last year that he might not be able to come back after the injury.

And Drew is just next level (I already knew that, but still). Speed pass and the Mega Wall :eek:.

I was also happy to see Glenn Davis qualify. I liked him.

RoseRed

My favourite moment of tonight was Roo Yori's story about his work to get dogs adopted into new families. Loved his reaction when he got the $20,000 cheque for his charity from the producers of The Secret Life of Pets.

Glenn Davis was inspiring. To do so well at 56! :kickass: And also be the coach of 12 people participating in Atlanta. :40beers:

Sad that Bootie Cothran didn't do well enough to participate in the city finals, after doing so the previous two seasons. :(

Devin Harrelson's story was the scariest with that faulty equipment crashing, resulting in a skull fracture. :eek: I wonder if that was an actual gym or something he had set up somewhere to practise? If it's the former, I wonder how much money he received from his lawsuit!

Glad the women did better than last week, Jessica Clayton was so close to finishing! Would have been cool for her to be the first Mom to complete a course.

One thing that surprised me about tonight was that twelve of the top 30 received absolutely no mention at all on the show. Seven of those twelve completed the course, but we didn't see anything about them. I guess they're saving stuff about people for the city finals episode, but I would have thought these seven would have at least be included in a re-cap segment... :mad:
I was surprised when I saw how many finishers there were at the end of the episode. I know they sometimes leave a few people out, but this did feel like more than usual. I guess due to the combination of the Power Tower and the movie promo and doggy warped wall.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
And, they may be contestants who don't make it through the next round. I was worried about Travis Rosen as well, especially on the rotating blocks. That's where your ankle could be in real jeopardy. That was a bad break. Just getting it rehabbed that well in a year is a major accomplishment.

I loved the dogs. The one which just skipped the wall and went up the steps had me :lol: Those dogs were intense and focused.

Susan1

I was worried about Travis Rosen as well, especially on the rotating blocks. That's where your ankle could be in real jeopardy. That was a bad break. Just getting it rehabbed that well in a year is a major accomplishment.
Bleah. I was cringing and watching that piece side-eye. My left leg was trying to leave the room! ha ha Broken tib-fib, titanium rod, 20 weeks disability. But my ankle did not get crushed. I went skating a year later, but only skated for another season because I was afraid to do much. I can't imagine going full out like that doing what caused it in the first place. He should get a "push" right to Vegas for bravery.

I loved the dogs. The one which just skipped the wall and went up the steps had me :lol: Those dogs were intense and focused.
Adorable.

watchthis!!

Oklahoma City is tonight's stop. Rumoured to be competing are Barclay Stockett, Daniel Gil, Abel Gonzales, Mathis “The Kid” Owhadim, Maggie Thorne and Tremayne Dortch. :kickass:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information