All things Bachelor(ette), BIP

Rob

Beach Bum
Is anyone watching Clayton? This has to be the most painful season to watch yet- yet I’m still in! Clayton has been manipulated like no other. Makes me realize how well Michelle did not succumb to producer antics and shut down the drama fairly quickly.

Last edited:

Aaron MB Fan

Yes! I've been watching all season. At this point, I almost feel bad for Clayton. I mean he made his bed, so he has to lie in it, but he seemed very disheartened and sad many times during WTA. Definitely seems like things didn't end well for him.

Rob

Beach Bum
Yes! I've been watching all season. At this point, I almost feel bad for Clayton. I mean he made his bed, so he has to lie in it, but he seemed very disheartened and sad many times during WTA. Definitely seems like things didn't end well for him.
I have no spoilers, but yes, I would guess from his demeanor that he's not Mr. Happy Go Lucky in Love. We shall see. Shanae is available, lol!

dancefan17

Bachelor producer decisions (Shanae drama behind the scenes, making Susie wait until last for overnights, leading to a meltdown, and maybe even encouraging Clayton to ‘open up’ with Rachel and Gabby) seemed highly manipulative and even affected peoples lives. Really disappointed in the quest for ratings this season.

Rob

Beach Bum
Bachelor producer decisions (Shanae drama behind the scenes, making Susie wait until last for overnights, leading to a meltdown, and maybe even encouraging Clayton to ‘open up’ with Rachel and Gabby) seemed highly manipulative and even affected peoples lives. Really disappointed in the quest for ratings this season.
I guess it happens in most seasons, but this year seems particularly fraught with manipulation and public disclosure of what used to be somewhat behind the scenes. They were very late to cast leads of color, now they are going in the opposite direction of promoting mental health. Very behind the curve in the name of train wreck TV. But I am watching. Lowest ratings ever I think though.

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
I'm glad I chose not to bother with this season. The producers are getting worse, manipulating people's hearts and minds to get a storyline out.

Winnipeg

Embarrassed to say I am watching!

Clayton's reaction to Susie's position re the overnight date was really "over the top" IMHO. He really jumped all over her for giving her honest view on the matter. He also said on national t.v. that in fact he slept with the other 2 girls which was not great either (say that what happens between him and another person is between them alone and not to share with others).

IN any event, I though it was rather immature and frankly, I do not think he should get married yet.

Reactions: Rob

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Isn't it pretty normal for the Bachelor/Bachelorette to sleep with all the people on the overnight dates? It's part of what makes this show creepy to me and why I only watched one season. (Now I just lurk in here to see what you guys think. :))

Lemonade20

Isn't it pretty normal for the Bachelor/Bachelorette to sleep with all the people on the overnight dates? It's part of what makes this show creepy to me and why I only watched one season. (Now I just lurk in here to see what you guys think. :))
Honestly, no idea. Whatever happens in the Fantasy suite, no cameras are allowed. I remember one season I think it was Juan's that she left in disgust because they couldn't have a real conversation without the cameras there.

Rob

Beach Bum
Sometimes the editing makes it look like they did, sometimes it is clear they did not, some leads have admitted they did, contestants have called out the lead in public for sleeping with them and dumping them. It’s all over the place.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Sometimes the editing makes it look like they did, sometimes it is clear they did not, some leads have admitted they did, contestants have called out the lead in public for sleeping with them and dumping them. It’s all over the place.
I wonder if the contestants think that if the lead sleeps with them, that means they will be picked. 🤔

Rob

Beach Bum
So far, so ridiculous! He’s so broken! He was blindsided! Looks like his dad is going to give him a reality check.

mjb52

I can't believe I posted in this thread. I don't even watch this show! It must have been a slow summer. Also I don't know why I'm here now. :)

Rob

Beach Bum
Clayton is not ready. At all. His dad was totally on point about him making excuses when he "screwed the pooch." The look on his mother's face said it all. And then when he said he was going back after Susie, I think they wanted to put him in a suitcase and drag him home before he embarrassed himself further. Which he will do tonight for sure.

I hope Gabby gets Bachelorette. She's funny and has the most personality. It was clear that the producers totally manipulated her into staying. Probably offered her the Bachelorette right then and there!

Lemonade20

I'd really like to see a change-up in the Bachelor/ette series. Instead of having the Bachelor make all the choices, I'd like to see a friend/family member join on a group date and encourage the Bachelor to keep this one or point out the red flags. People are often overwhelmed, but having someone they know & trust there would make the process less overwhelming in a way. Does that make sense?

Winnipeg

The ending of this show was weird. I think Clayton took advantage of the 2 girls he 'loved' less than Susie by saying he loved them in the Fantasy Suite for reasons not to be stated here and then dumping them.

There does appear to be an expectation that staying in the FS means you are going to bed with the other person but it could also mean simply more one on one time together to talk things through? I think it is sorta creepy, like another poster opined, if the person sleeps with each one in 3 consecutive nights and then picks?

IN any event, am glad both girls will be the next Bachelorette! I thought they both seemed really nice throughout this show and they are too good for Clayton anyway.

Rob

Beach Bum
The ending of this show was weird. I think Clayton took advantage of the 2 girls he 'loved' less than Susie by saying he loved them in the Fantasy Suite for reasons not to be stated here and then dumping them.

There does appear to be an expectation that staying in the FS means you are going to bed with the other person but it could also mean simply more one on one time together to talk things through? I think it is sorta creepy, like another poster opined, if the person sleeps with each one in 3 consecutive nights and then picks?

IN any event, am glad both girls will be the next Bachelorette! I thought they both seemed really nice throughout this show and they are too good for Clayton anyway.
Yes, it seemed like Clayton and the producers were desperate to keep them there and not have him left with no-one for the last episode and a half. "Loved the most?" Then don't tell the others you love them too! I don't think that is so hard! He really was a mess of a Bachelor.

Susie - you were out and you dragged yourself back in! Why?

Well, 2 Bachelorettes at the same time for the whole season will be new, I am all for new! Wonder how it will work! They've had 2 before, but either one left at the beginning (the contestants voted on which they wanted to date and majority ruled) or one left mid-way (Clare/Tayshia). Never a whole season.

Some Fantasy Date couples have just spent time in the hot tub or on the sofa and not in the BR or they cut the camera before the BR. Sometimes contestants have differentiated between "exploring the relationship" as acceptable, but saying "I am in love with you" as not acceptable - which is what Gabby was saying. One of the Bachelorette leads confessed she and the guy she eliminated did it 4 times on his Fantasy Date before she let him go. She also tossed another guy for saying it was a deal breaker if she'd been intimate with anyone else. Changing times!

Winnipeg

Good question re Susie!!!

ITA, why say you love someone when you are not sure about who you have the most feeling for.

Reactions: Rob

Rob

Beach Bum
I'd really like to see a change-up in the Bachelor/ette series. Instead of having the Bachelor make all the choices, I'd like to see a friend/family member join on a group date and encourage the Bachelor to keep this one or point out the red flags. People are often overwhelmed, but having someone they know & trust there would make the process less overwhelming in a way. Does that make sense?
Early on, they did do this - sometimes best friends would come to the mansion to meet the candidates; other times it would be contestants from earlier seasons who were friendly with the lead. They'd have questionnaires and would conduct interviews and pick someone for a one on one date, tell the lead about red flags. And when Jesse Palmer was the Bachelor, he had a mole planted in the house as one of the contestants. She was the wife of his best friend and they all went to college together. She would sneak out of the house and tell him who was nice and who was there for the "wrong reasons." It didn't really help him much - he didn't pick the one she liked most and his relationship didn't last. He was only 25 when he was the Bachelor. Actually, the girl he didn't pick (the one his friend liked most for him) went off on him at the Final rose ceremony/ATFR show when he let her go - she said "inappropriate things were said and done." So I guess he was a Clayton-type himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information