alilou's Adventures in Wonderland 2 - all over the map

Alilou

Ubercavorter

Alilou

Ubercavorter
I am hoping to visit China next April. So your posts are very helpful. As a strict vegetarian I am concerned about the food though.
One of the women in our group was a strict vegetarian and she always managed to find non-meat meals. Our guide would often order the meals for us and knew to order plenty of veg only dishes. It was harder for me because I don't like hot food. Non-chilli dishes were harder to come by.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
I have a new blog post ready. Hong Kong! I was there 40 years ago, and then again last year. Loved it both times.

The Streets Of Hong Kong: a photo essay
I think this blog will go til I die! And I'll never catch up no matter how hard I try :(

I had no idea that I would write that many posts on China (27 and I was only there 3.5 weeks! :wideeyes: )
I have two more posts on Hong Kong. Then two from summer 2018 (the Cowichan Valley on Vancouver Island, and a Vancouver Japanese festival), then who knows how many from our trip earlier this year to Paris/Rishikesh/Kyoto, then about 7 or 8 from this summer just gone that includes another trip to the Cowichan Valley, Saturna Island, Reifel Bird Sanctuary, and various Vancouver summer festivals (Pride Parade, Folk Fest, a food truck fest, another Japanese fest, and the naked bike ride). Somewhere in there I want to do a post or two about Montreal (we go every winter for Christmas with family, and in 2 weeks we're off there again), then in Feb we're going back to Rishikesh and then to Malaysia. :eek:

I am not overwhelmed. I am not overwhelmed. I am not overwhelmed. I am not overwhelmed . . . . .

Alilou

Ubercavorter
A new blog post is ready. Hong Kong consists of 260+ islands. Most people have never heard of most of them. This post is about two islands that have escaped time. They are a huge contrast to the generally accepted idea of Hong Kong a huge shiny crowded city filled with buildings that reach the sky packed in side by side.

Treasure Islands: Hong Kong’s Lamma Island and Cheung Chau

Alilou

Ubercavorter
I have a new blog post ready, the last for the year.
We've visited Duncan and the Cowichan Valley on Vancouver Island every summer for the past three years so figured it was time to write a post about this most beautiful part of the world.

A Blue And Green World: Cowichan Days on Vancouver Island

We are in Montreal for Christmas with family. It's -20/feels like -33. BRRRRR! :cold:

Wishing you all a merry holiday season and all good things for the new year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information