Alexa Knierim and Brandon Frazier Announce Partnership

Carolla5501

Nice article, but it does sound to me like Haven and Brandon are no longer a couple off the ice. But I may be reading too much between the lines

I do wonder how this enforced lack of practice is going to impact them and all the other pairs.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Well, they'll all be in the same situation so it's rather a moot point.

dancing_on_ice

At least for other pairs, they already have all their pairs elements, they're just going to be rusty come the fall. However, for Alexa and Brandon, they've never practiced any elements together, and getting a new partner is always a long learning process. As such, I'm really wondering how they're going to look.
If the Grand Prix series happens, would it be better for Alexa and Brandon to sit out and just compete at Nationals so that they can get more practice?

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Well, it's not like they are inexperienced. But, there's nothing they can do about it is there? Two experienced skaters can gel very quickly.

Tinami Amori

Oh, well.... :cool: good luck to new and good bye to the gorgeous...

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Shocked I tell you....simply shocked.:drama:

I would love to know who started what conversation and when.

skylark

At least for other pairs, they already have all their pairs elements, they're just going to be rusty come the fall. However, for Alexa and Brandon, they've never practiced any elements together, and getting a new partner is always a long learning process. As such, I'm really wondering how they're going to look.
If the Grand Prix series happens, would it be better for Alexa and Brandon to sit out and just compete at Nationals so that they can get more practice?

I think they'll probably want to come out with guns blazing as soon as possible. And there's the theory that competing teaches you more than practice at home. Then there's the other theory that you're better off waiting till what you can show is a little more polished.

I'm also wondering how they're going to look. I was glad to read that Chris is experimenting with new, different lifts with Alexa in the back yard. I really hope they continue that way, making this partnership look new as well as being new. I don't much want to see Alexa doing the lifts with Brandon that he did with Haven, who added such an ethereal and joyful quality while she was in the air. I think Alexa and Brandon will be wise enough to develop their own moves. And it's such a great help that Chris will be one of their primary coaches, and that he and Brandon are longtime friends.

Reading between the lines, I also felt that Haven and Brandon are no longer an off-ice couple. Sigh.

skylark

Shocked I tell you....simply shocked.:drama:

I would love to know who started what conversation and when.
Well ... the article relates the conversations, who started them, and when.

Oh -- but maybe you mean, as opposed to the official version of how it all happened? Someone reported on another forum that Dave Lease said, on his Patreon site, that Alexa and Brandon tried out in Nashville ... which would have made it in the middle of February, a couple of weeks earlier. FWIW.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...

Oh -- but maybe you mean, as opposed to the official version of how it all happened? Someone reported on another forum that Dave Lease said, on his Patreon site, that Alexa and Brandon tried out in Nashville ... which would have made it in the middle of February, a couple of weeks earlier. FWIW.
Yes, I meant the real and true story. I just hope Haven didn't get kicked to the curb.

Carolla5501

So just because someone reported he said that doesn’t mean anything besides Dave opened his mouth.

It’s not like he’s ever let facts stand in the way of his gossip

dramagrrl

Nice article, but it does sound to me like Haven and Brandon are no longer a couple off the ice. But I may be reading too much between the lines.
No, it definitely sounded that way to me, too. Everything he said about her was in the past tense.

hanca

Values her privacy
The April fool is Alexa if she thinks she'll even make it to another Olympics let alone medal in this short time frame with a new partner she can't yet train with :shuffle:
It’s not as if US pairs were that great. She may not be US pair number one, but I can’t see it would be impossible to get to olympics as US pair number 2. The quarantine is not going to last forever, at some stage they will be able to practice and there are still two years till Olympics. Hotarek was pretty decent with Marchei in their first season together, and she was completely new to pairs.

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
It’s not as if US pairs were that great. She may not be US pair number one, but I can’t see it would be impossible to get to olympics as US pair number 2. The quarantine is not going to last forever, at some stage they will be able to practice and there are still two years till Olympics. Hotarek was pretty decent with Marchei in their first season together, and she was completely new to pairs.

I agree @hanca

The problems that held back the teams of Knierims and D&F were JUMPS.... Chris and Haven.

With the two stronger jumpers now coming together I think they have good prospects....

Both teams ranked high with throws and lifts and Alexa knows how to assist in the twist.

If there is a GP series this year (I dont think there will be) I could easily see them doing well.

Yes, they arent practicing now but who is.

olympic

I agree. Brandon offers Alexa good amplitude on lifts, twist and throws. Maybe not the giant amplitude that Alexa and Chris had but very good. He and Haven’s elements were not huge but big and aesthetically pleasing. But importantly, I think that the SBS JUMPS are going to be significantly better.

It is as if Brando was skating with Haven who is like the Sasha Cohen of US pair ladies; pretty, flexible and an offering of some ahhh moments but is now skating with the Kwan of US pair ladies; superior edges and probably better speed

Last edited:

Carolla5501

Have you seen US Pairs? If she's still skating then, she'll be there :shuffle:

I’ve seen them, and I would say there are two pairs ahead of this couple. Alex and Chris got gifted several times. I’m not sure Alexa and Brandon are going to be Gifted ( And I’m sorry when she said “that’s a generous score” you know it’s a gift )

I think both Ashley and Tim and Brian and Jessica are ahead of them. And could stay ahead of them. And I agree that this lack of training time this year is going to be very bad. I’m hoping they decide not to do the Grand Prix and focus on skating but they may need to look for prize money.

Last edited:

Lizziebeth

It will be interesting. Both are very talented. It is too bad they can't train together off ice right now. I doubt any pairs teams in the US are getting much training other than conditioning right now. I look forward to what they can do.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
It will be interesting. Both are very talented. It is too bad they can't train together off ice right now. I doubt any pairs teams in the US are getting much training other than conditioning right now. I look forward to what they can do.
Yes but other pair teams have last year's programs they can start training immediately once the rinks open back up.

I wonder if it would work to use the old programs from one old pairing. Then only 1 person would have to learn a new program and they could start now by studying video of it.

Carolla5501

Yes but other pair teams have last year's programs they can start training immediately once the rinks open back up.

I wonder if it would work to use the old programs from one old pairing. Then only 1 person would have to learn a new program and they could start now by studying video of it.

I don’t know. I feel like it would have to be a program that didn’t do that well. Because otherwise it’s kind of weird.

can you see me Alexa and Brandon doing lion King? Or that romantic short program that Alexa and Chris did this year? Yeah it just seems weird

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information