Acrobatic gymnastics?

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
So apparently the Europeans will be around the corner (20 minutes drive from home) and the tickets are quite cheap. Now what is that sport and what should I watch?

Amy L

It's a mix of tumbling elements, dance, and acrobatics. There are men's and women's groups, then male, female, and mixed pairs. I had a hard time finding individual numbers instead of whole parts of competitions, but this is what a women's group number is like:

icecat

It's a mix of tumbling elements, dance, and acrobatics. There are men's and women's groups, then male, female, and mixed pairs. I had a hard time finding individual numbers instead of whole parts of competitions, but this is what a women's group number is like:

Reminds me of Cheerleading without the cheers....

Amy L

Reminds me of Cheerleading without the cheers....

That's more like aerobic gymnastics.

I didn't even know THAT was a thing until I went down a youtube rabbit hole a few months ago when I had really bad insomnia. I found the aerobic stuff a lot cheesier and harder to watch for any period time. Acrobatic is interesting in a WTF??? kind of way.

I found a pretty short clip of a compilation of some acrobatic gymnastics elements:

mjb52

I also got really into acrobatic gymnastics when browsing youtube a while back - I think it's a lot of fun. The size disparity with some of these teams is pretty intense, even more dramatic than in pairs skating.

FiveRinger

This is all new to me. When I first saw the term acrobatic gymnastics, I thought someone had just mixed up terms and meant to say artistic. Now I have to go check it out

Winnipeg

Watched a couple of videos. I had not seen this before. Sort of a combo gymnastics and cheerleading stunts?

Incredible skill for sure!! Very impressed. My only concerns is the risk of serious injury............

barbk

I also got really into acrobatic gymnastics when browsing youtube a while back - I think it's a lot of fun. The size disparity with some of these teams is pretty intense, even more dramatic than in pairs skating.
Like 2 gorillas and a flea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information