Music: This Place was a Shelter by O. Arnalds

4S - step back, was to be the combo
3A
Fly Camel Spin 4
4T+3T
Step Sequence 4
Ch Combo Spin 4

Ch Sit Spin 3

+COMBO on the quadruple Salchow looks like a input error that should be corrected. Not the skate that Miura wants if he's going to show that he's in the same league as Kagiyama & Uno.

94.86 = 3rd Place

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Kao - does he have a clean SP in him? Slight turnout on the 4s, so that would be a nope. At least he did manage a 4t+3t combo, so this isn't a complete disaster. Won't be 1st, won't be last.

Karen-W

Ilia - OMG!!! swing on the 4a! Why does it have an X in the element box?!

skatingguy

decently
Ilia Malinin 🇺🇸
Coach: T. Malinina, R. Skorniakov, R. Arutiunian
Music: Malaguena by Roni Benise

4A - history
4Lz+3T
Ch Camel Spin
3 (4 after review)
3A
Fly Sit Spin 4
Step Sequence 4

Ch Combo Spin 4

The quadruple Axel looked so easy. It's showing as invalid on the technical box. It should be changed. We'll see what happens when the score comes up.

106.90 = 1st Place

Last edited:

Karen-W

it should be 2A or 3A as far as I know
He did a 3a. Why shouldn't the solo 4A count? That's a ridiculous rule and I cannot believe that his team and the USFS wouldn't have said something.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
This is an interesting predicament actually. I might have to eat my words. It used to be that it couldn’t be an Axel type as the individual jump, but since it’s a 4A I’m really not sure.

Last edited:

Karen-W

You know, I sort of hope he doesn't get any credit from the 4A because it will drive home the point of how undervalued the jump is in its entirety.

Hell yeah! 4a got credited after all! He still deserves a bigger lead than that, especially making history!

Karen-W

Adam - doubled the 4z. Yeowch. Now, that will be an invalid element. Guts out a 4t+3t and salvaged what he can from this SP. I'd say he's taken himself out of the running for a medal but he came from a good 10+ points back at CoC to beat Shoma.

skatingguy

decently
Adam Siao Him Fa 🇫🇷
Coach: C. Tour, R. Marchal, B. Richaud
Music: The Prophet by Gary Moore

2Lz* - invalid element
3A
4T+3T
Fly Camel Spin 4
Ch Combo Spin 4
Step Sequence 4

Ch Sit Spin 4

Damn. :(

88.36 = 6th Place

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I am looking through the rules and yup, I don’t see any mention of the Axel not being able to be repeated as a solo jump as long as it’s not the same jump done in the Axel block (which does have to be triple or double). I don’t know when that changed, could’ve been 5 years ago for all I know.

Karen-W

I am looking through the rules and yup, I don’t see any mention of the Axel not being able to be repeated as a solo jump as long as it’s not the same jump done in the Axel block (which does have to be triple or double). I don’t know when that changed, could’ve been 5 years ago for all I know.
Lol - we all freaked out and had a rulebook fight because the computer didn't know what it had encountered with that 4A! That's so on brand for the IJS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information