2023-24 Program Music and Choreographers

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
New team Layla Karnes / Liam Carr (GBR) have announced their programmes:
RD: Eurythmics Medley, including Sweet Dreams
FD: Hit the Road Jack (2Wei cover)

So far, so predictable. But the RD is about hedgehogs!
a dynamic program in honor of our hibernating friends, the hedgehog, and to raise awareness for the amazing work carried out by @tiggywinklesuk

Kateri

void beast
New team Layla Karnes / Liam Carr (GBR) have announced their programmes:
RD: Eurythmics Medley, including Sweet Dreams
FD: Hit the Road Jack (2Wei cover)

So far, so predictable. But the RD is about hedgehogs!
I know absolutely nothing about this team, but I am already sold on "Eurythmics' Sweet Dreams except it's about hedgehogs". :lol:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Rizzo FS music - "Fix You"

Who is looking forward to this modern warhorse yet again?

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Rizzo FS music - "Fix You"

Who is looking forward to this modern warhorse yet again?
After having skated to good classic rock music for years and Maneskin who are tolerable as well...this is a huge disappointment. Like trading a Lamborghini for a Fiat Panda.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Emma Goodstadt & Christian Bennett (CAN)
RD: "Love Shack" by the B-52s
Choreographer: Carol Lane & team (presumably)

jenny12

Emma Goodstadt & Christian Bennett (CAN)
RD: "Love Shack" by the B-52s

I’ll just ignore the Fix You and Hallelujah choices and be thrilled about hearing the B-52s next season.

lauravvv

pain!

I'm sorry but these music choices are so lazy. Neither of these programs will be anything we have seen dozens of times before.

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.
Yes, but I am sure Denis is going to skate beautifully to it. And, while it was probably Shae-Lynn Bourne's choice, he is not one to just accept everything he is offered. He wouldn't have agreed to this choice of music if he didn't want to skate to it. And, in any case, we can't blame Denis for skating to many warhorses, so I'm going to forgive him this one, especially if the FS music is not another warhorse.

ChristineB

Yes, but I am sure Denis is going to skate beautifully to it. And, while it was probably Shae-Lynn Bourne's choice, he is not one to just accept everything he is offered. He wouldn't have agreed to this choice of music if he didn't want to skate to it. And, in any case, we can't blame Denis for skating to many warhorses, so I'm going to forgive him this one, especially if the FS music is not another warhorse.
I also understand that the version he is using is not the standard version we are used to hearing repeatedly. It's not Cohen, Buckley, Lang, etc. It is said to be darker and very emotional, so I think he'll skate it brilliantly.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
I also understand that the version he is using is not the standard version we are used to hearing repeatedly. It's not Cohen, Buckley, Lang, etc. It is said to be darker and very emotional, so I think he'll skate it brilliantly.
So it's the The Osmonds cover?

I just googled "Hallelujah covers" for this joke and didn't even listen to this cover but it does exist

ChristineB

So it's the The Osmonds cover?

I just googled "Hallelujah covers" for this joke and didn't even listen to this cover but it does exist
I think it may be Thomas Feiner. Don't hold me to it, as I am not 100% certain, but I think this is correct.

tennellicious

Banned Member
I blame the choreographers much more than the skaters for these same lame choices, but I think the only way we'll start to get change is if skaters start advocating for more unique and modern music.

umronnie

Blah.
Why won't someone skate to Dr. Alban's Hallelujah for a change?

Dobre

I'm sure Deniss & Rizzo will skate beautifully to their music.

But, honestly, how much better would Ghostbusters be if Deniss & Rizzo were the ones skating to it;).

Often one just wishes that the people who can skate to anything would be the ones that take the risks with their music.

Sylvia

TBD
Wesley Chiu (CAN)
SP: Romeo and Juliet incl. "Kissing You" by Sam Smith
Choreographer: Joey Russell is listed in his ISU bio
I heard that Russell did both of Chiu's programs again this year.
FS: Various selections from the Kill Bill OST with "Please Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" by Jac Ross (thanks @shutterbug!) in the middle section.

Aleksa Rakic (CAN)
SP: "Biblical" by Calum Scott
FS (from 2022-23): "No One Like You" by Red Electrick (feat. Joseph Calleja); choreo. by Mark Pillay

Helena Carhart/Volodymyr Horovyi (USA)
Junior RD: Never Tear Us Apart" and "What You Need" by INXS

Zoe Larson/Andrii Kapran (UKR)
RD: Pointer Sisters' "I'm So Excited" / Bill Withers' "Just The Two of Us" / "It's Raining Men" by the Weather Girls
FD: Music from the Notre-Dame de Paris musical

Wyliefan

Carolane Soucisse & Shane Firus (IRL)
RD: "Super Freak, Give It To Me Baby, Mary Jane" by Rick James

Courtney Hicks (USA)
SP: "Daylight" by David Kushner
Choregraphers: Jordan Moeller and Sonja Hilmer

FS: Florence and The Machine medley
Choreographer: Jordan Moeller

Last edited:

Wyliefan

Emilia "Milly" Murdock (she was the 2023 U.S. Nationals first alternate in Senior) will represent Spain starting in 2023-24 (her post today about training in Spain for the past month): https://www.instagram.com/p/Ct36yY1LtY9/

This is confirmed on her FSO website: https://emiliamurdock.figureskatersonline.com/about/

ETA Murdock's program music (also on her website) plus clips she posted last month:

SP: Cleopatra https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cs4nd1rA6dD/
FS: "This Woman's Work" by Kate Bush https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cr08tXAAE-G/
Choreographer: David Wilson (she mentioned in her post that Sara Hurtado worked with her on her new programs in Madrid)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information