2022 Worlds Podium Poll Pairs

Who medals?

• Total voters

Fadeevfanboy

Honestly the poll results probably say it all. It would be a bit surprising if it wasn't those 3 teams. Cain & Leduc I think are the only 1 of the 3 truly vurnerable to falling off. If either Miura & Kihara and Knierim & Frazier both don't atleast medal in this field it would be a pretty big surprise. Both are reasonably consistent and their scoring gap on everyone else at the Olympics was fairly big. Cain & Leduc I could easily see either winning gold or silver with a great outing, or not medalling at all, but I think they will ultimately just slot into 3rd as expected at the end of the day.

I could see a team like James & Radford surprising if they have a good outing. I think the judges have just been waiting for them to deliver a good skate.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
JamRad are the only team who I could see upsetting the likely podium. While I like Metelkina/Parkman and think that both Georgian teams have a ton of potential, they aren't there yet and their ceiling is lower than JamRad right now. However, JamRad are inconsistent as heck so they could just as easily finish behind both MetPark and WalMich. Who knows?

If we thought there was a big drop off after the Russian/Chinese pairs, there is just as big of a drop off in the overall quality/consistency after the American/Japanese teams.

Excidra

I believe this is James and Radford's world title to lose. With their experience there is no reason, besides that they are a fairly new team, why they are struggling with the levels and scoring with in the range of skaters who are not in their league.

They need to keep their nerves and check, produce a clean skate with good levels and I think they can win this with some minor mistakes from the top teams.

Will MT/M be skating at worlds?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information