2021 US Women Gymnastics Post-Nationals 4th OLY Team Member Spot Poll

Who should get the 4th Team spot, assuming Simone, Sunisa, and Jordan make the first 3?

• Total voters

Lil Sarah

My thoughts on the Jade Carey situation:

In 2018 when she earned her spot, she won both Vault and Floor I believe (so therefore she got the Vault spot). She was very much only a power event athlete. In 2019 you could say basically the same thing, yes she did OK on beam but bars weren't anywhere up to where they'd need to be.

Then *** happened and Olympics were postponed. She took that year to work her BUTT off on Bars & Beam to become a stronger AAer. I don't think this whole situation could've been that predicted from the beginning because she was really not an AA contender at all to make a 4 person Olympic team.

As previously stated, USAG made it almost impossible for any athletes to attempt the World Cup route. We know USAG has issues (putting it lightly) not caring enough about how this whole Olympic selection thing would work is just another way they prove it. Same with lying to the media about not knowing the results of the petitions yet after Nationals Day 2.

For Jade to finish top 2 at trials there would have to be some big falters by other top athletes, could it happen? Of course, it's a sport. If she finishes top 2 then it's because she spent the pandemic improving all of her other events and deserves to be on the team.

Personally I hope she doesn't finish top 2, but if she does and decided to do the team spot then good for her. It'll allow whoever placed 2nd in the ranking on Vault have a shot at the Olympics.

Rob

Beach Bum
For Jade to finish top 2 at trials there would have to be some big falters by other top athletes, could it happen? Of course, it's a sport. If she finishes top 2 then it's because she spent the ********* improving all of her other events and deserves to be on the team.

Personally I hope she doesn't finish top 2, but if she does and decided to do the team spot then good for her. It'll allow whoever placed 2nd in the ranking on Vault have a shot at the Olympics.
Agree, I would like to see all 6 spots filled, but a team berth is practically a guaranteed gold medal. Jade should be the least nervous though since she has a slot while Suni, Jordan, etc. will be pretty nervous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information