2021 Nebelhorn Men Top 7 Poll

Who will finish top 7?

• Total voters

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Tough to predict now, but who do you anticipate finishing top 7 @ Nebelhorn to garner Olympic spots?

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Could only pick 6... no idea who will nab lucky #7!

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
Don't feel great predicting USA/RUS/CAN qualification before we know who's going, but it seems like a safe bet. Other than that, Fentz, Lee, Fa and Litvintsev.

I'm a Lee Sihyeong fan, so his placement is my highest priority as a viewer going into this event, but I am also lowkey rooting for one of the big three to bomb for the lols :slinkaway

olympic

Again, I made predictions on other boards, but here you go -

1. RUS - Aliev, Samarin and maybe Kondratiuk. The 1st 2 skaters (IDK about the 3rd) are eligible and can certainly on a good day win this thing. Abundance of riches for the purposes of Nebelhorn. Easy 3rd spot.
2. CAN - Nam Nguyen and Roman Sadovsky are both capable skaters w/ big scores, but aren't both of them a bit hit-and-miss? I still think that one of them can do enough to secure a 2nd spot
3. USA - Another big question. Who to send? IF Zhou is healthy, then he is the best bet. He could actually win if he stands up. Otherwise, I think Yaro Paniot or Maxim Naumov are the more solid choices. We just need someone to place in the top 7. Hiwatashi, Krasnozhon, and Torgashev have been super wobbly.

I think there is a gap here ..

4. Kerry (AUS) - He can land a quad, but also can be hit or miss. He has a PB of 224. However, he usually does enough to make it to the finals at Worlds as of late (when he goes).
5. Litvintsev (AZE) - He has a PB of 230 and is in Plushenko's camp. I read he has had knee problems which probably affected him at 2021 Worlds. If he is healthy, he could be 4th or better if the US / CAN entry cracks up.
6. Fentz (GER) - He also has a PB of 230 but is more prone to subpar skates. I watched him only once or twice and he has simpler skates and can be clean-ish (from what I observed), but the judges were stingy from what I saw
7. Lee (KOR) - He has skated well recently and people seem to like him, although he only has a PB of 218. Didn't he beat Cha at a local competition? Maybe he is on an upswing w/ that victory. IDK how he compares to Fentz, Fa and maybe Kerry.

Siao Him Fa (FRA) - IDK. He has a PB of 220. Even if I didn't include him, it wouldn't surprise me if he nabs that 2nd spot for FRA. These 5 men, Kerry, Litvintsev, Fentz, Lee and Fa are likely the ones competing for 4 spots.

Last edited:

olympic

I'm reasserting my suppositions above.

For the men, I think the 8 contenders that I outlined for the 7 spots are the same, but based on Cranberry, I think Zhou has a greater chance of winning (said with fingers crossed due to the fact it is Zhou). I would say that Fentz and Kerry are the most wobbly, though. I also think that Sadovsky over Nam Nguyen doesn't really change the calculus for CAN at all. CAN should secure a spot if Roman skates competently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information