2020 Winter World Masters Games Adult figure skating competition, Jan. 13-19 in Innsbruck, Austria

Sylvia

TBD
Thanks for the heads up, @Debbie S!

Event & Schedule info:

Age groups
Minimum age: 28 years; Athletes must be 28 years old until June 30, 2019.

Starting Orders/Results page:

Livestream:

ETA:

USFS' press release (38 U.S. skaters are scheduled to compete): https://www.usfsa.org/story.aspx?id=92910&type=media

Last edited:

Theoreticalgirl

your faves are problematic
FYI @Sylvia looks like USFS relaunched their site today, so here's the new link:

WWMG botched the registration for skating so badly and a whole bunch of folks—myself included—were shut out. Stoked for those who got in, however! Heard this will be a regular event, so I am looking forward to registering in future years.

Sylvia

TBD
WWMG botched the registration for skating so badly and a whole bunch of folks—myself included—were shut out.
Sorry to hear this! Hope you can make it there to compete in the future.

Re-posting @rosewood's info from he Japanese news thread in GSD:
Midori [ITO] will skate with Leigh YIP in masters elite pairs artistic field at World Masters Winter Games. I don't know well about this event but it's wonderful that Midori is willing to skate in adult competitions these years. Go Ito/Yip! :cheer2:
Midori said in an interview that she and Yip have been long time friends since they skated in the same Jr Worlds.
ETA:
Midori will skate on the 19th. ...
I just saw Midori in K'nC of her teammate. Looks she's fully enjoying the event. 😊

sk8girl

I just got back last night and this was an absolutely fantastic experience!! (I'm sorry to those who weren't able to get in - this is the first time that figure skating has been included and I think they were just overwhelmed by the demand...)

It really felt like being at the Olympics, but for older people and with less press and spectators, lol. So exciting to compete there and to also get to see all the other sports and the athletes aged 30 to 80+ from all over the world! (There were even 12 ski jumpers over age 70 competing and I got to watch them!!)

Assuming they keep figure skating in this event going forward, I would highly recommend it for all adult skaters! The next one will be in 2025. (The location is not announced yet.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information