2020-21 ISU Grand Prix selections announced

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
I think Ting and Hanna would need to show a decent score at ISP comp this coming Tuesday to be considered for assignments after such a long time away. Not sure if we will see any internationals for us skaters besides this gp series

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
I can't help but wonder if some of those CoC TBDs will wind up going to some KOR singles skaters, if they can get travel restrictions worked out. Though the other problem for the Korean skaters training at home is the lack of training time.

And I assume that Tar/Mor just didn't have time to alert the ISU about their decision to forego the GP before the assignments were released, especially if they only made the decision to remain in Russia in the last 24 hours.

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
For Canada, only dance spots are full.

2 spots are unused in pairs. I do wonder what is happening with Stellato/Deschamps. Brasseur/Daleman may be too new to get assignments.

4 men spots unused- bummer for Eric Liu, Alexander Lawrence, and others.

5 ladies spots unused- bummer for Long, Bulawka, Mallet, Orzel, Cotop. I assume Gabby would have a spot if she wanted one?

Last edited:

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Could be a good showdown for the USA TBA pairs spot(s) between Chan/Howe, Finster/Nagy, and McBeath/Bartholomay at the ISP this coming Tuesday/Weds/whenever they post it. Nice to see all the US dance teams getting spots.

US men got spots, the ones who are doing well or have done well. Except Andrew Torgashev (perhaps injured, hasn't competed since Peggy Fleming Trophy where he looked great), and Ryan Dunk, but spots at SA are maxed out.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
What - no Fentz in France? Were his Sb scores that lousy???

Gotta love that Cup of China ladies list - one named and all the other spots TBD! C’mon...there needs to be some special diplomatic bridge to allow Korean skaters to easily travel to/from China for this special event, for a short time.

Erin

Banned Member
I’m disappointed Canada isn’t having more women compete. I was pulling for Michelle Long.
The US included a lot of skaters - good for them!

I thought the issue could be that (maybe?) only two skaters home country skaters are allowed who aren’t on the Top 75 list. But it appears Skate Canada is only using one of those spots with Schizas, so they could have included one more.

I do wonder what is happening with Stellato/Deschamps.

Guessing Stellato is still not released by the US?

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
Gotta love that Cup of China ladies list - one named and all the other spots TBD! C’mon...there needs to be some special diplomatic bridge to allow South Korean skaters to easily travel to/from China for special event, for a short time.

That's my guess/hope as well. Maybe there are still discussions going on between the two nations about some sort of allowance for the Korean singles skaters to get them into China for a short window of the competition. Are there any Korean dance teams left that train in SK for that one open dance spot?

Vagabond

I can't help but wonder if some of those CoC TBDs will wind up going to some KOR singles skaters, if they can get travel restrictions worked out. Though the other problem for the Korean skaters training at home is the lack of training time.
The Chinese Federation previously stated that it was going to stage Cup of China only because it was also hosting the Olympic test event, namely the so-called Grand Prix Final.

I think that the Federation is more likely to scrap Cup of China than it is to let foreigners compete there.

Gris

不做奴才做公民
I can't help but wonder if some of those CoC TBDs will wind up going to some KOR singles skaters, if they can get travel restrictions worked out.

C’mon...there needs to be some special diplomatic bridge to allow Korean skaters to easily travel to/from China for this special event, for a short time.

The Chinese fed made this announcement on Sept. 22:

- Today the Chinese federation made an announcement saying that the participants would be limited to 1 group each discipline with those whose 19-20 SBs are in top 75 automatically qualified. Others who wish to take part in (and those who wish to be listed as subs) need to send a video of their FS/FD for selection before Oct. 9.

The fact that the announcement is made by CFSA makes me believe that CoC is very likely to be Chinese skaters only.

I think it's unlikely that South Korean ladies would be at CoC. But it's really unfortunate that they have no chance at competing at a GP right now so hopefully things can change.

Colonel Green

Eyeballing it, projected country gold medal standings:
  1. Japan (6) — all NHK, IdF men & ladies, SCI ladies;
  2. USA (5) — all SkAm, SCI men;
  3. Russia (4) — all Rostelecom;
  4. China (4/3?) — all CoC, but ladies hard to handicap;
  5. Canada (2) — SCI pairs & dance;
  6. France (1) — IdF dance;
  7. Italy or Germany (1) — IdF pairs, hard to predict at present.

MsZem

I see the sea
Skate America
Stephen GOGOLEV CAN
Keegan MESSING CAN
Michal BREZINA CZE
Alexei BYCHENKO ISR
Nathan CHEN USA
Tomoki HIWATASHI USA
Alexei KRASNOZHON USA
Jimmy MA USA
Ilia MALININ USA
Maxim NAUMOV USA
Camden PULKINEN USA
Vincent ZHOU USA
As I said, Bychenko is forever. And Brezina too, I see.

That NHK dance field tho.
A medal for Takahashi :cheer:

love skating

Clueless American
I'm a little confused about Kate Wang. She's listed on the ISP Junior ladies and she got a senior GP assignment? Will she skate junior or senior at Nationals?

Theoreticalgirl

your faves are problematic
Is the CoC event considered a test event for the Olys? That would make sense why they're still having it...

Frau Muller

Why can’t the Korean Federation invent its own autumn “challenger” type of competition? It doesn’t matter that it doesn’t have “Grand Prix” in the title because...no event this year leads to a Grand Prix!

A Korean Autumn Cup can be held in late November or early December so that the best Koreans in all disciplines get to show off new programs, skills and costumes...and we love our Korean ladies costumes! 💕

Last edited:

binbinwinwin

Why can’t the Korean Federation invent its own autumn “challenger” type of competition. It doesn’t matter that it doesn’t have “Grand Prix” in the title because...no event this year leads to a Grand Prix!

A Korean Autumn Cup can be held in late November or early December so that the best Koreans in all disciplines get to show off new programs, skills and costumes...and we love our Korean ladies costumes! 💕

Early December is usually when they ranking competition is held, which is where they determine 4CC assignments and placements combined with National placement go towards determining who is part of the National team next season.

Frau Muller

Early December is usually when they ranking competition is held, which is where they determine 4CC assignments and placements combined with National placement go towards determining who is part of the National team next season.

Then they can hold it in mid-Nov.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information