2019-2020 Programs and Choreographers

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Roman Savosin
FP: Tchaikovski’s “Piano Concerto No. 2” choreographer Nikolai Morozov
I look forward to seeing this at SA. It's the music that Balanchine used for "Ballet Imperial" later renamed "Piano Concerto No. 2" when he took away the tutus and had it re-designed with tunics. I'm always happy when pianists choose this over No. 1 for the Tchaikovsky competition.

annie_mg

The Feeling Begins and Lawrence of Arabia are both slow, exotic music that is perfect for creating a mood. Hopefully this will encourage Alina to take her time, hold her positions and connect.
I hope you are right and if you are this will be a beautiful programme! Zagitova is perfectly capable of pulling it off with the right choreo. I just hope Daniil got the memo and doesn't stuff the slow music with "transitions" that don't make sense-that's my fear.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Carreira/Ponomarenko each posted on their Instagram story tonight that their RD will be Too Darn Hot (Kiss Me Kate).
I love it! Wish they had a non-Shpilband choreographer though. I know they've worked with some interesting people over the summer so hopefully their programs will be good.

lauravvv

It's about time skaters used David Bowie's music.
Finally someone - and a promising dance team to boot👍 🙂. Well, Chock and Bates skated to Bowie's and Qeen's 'Under Pressure', but it's not quite the same as "pure" Bowie songs.

Although, come to think of it, I wouldn't be so surprised if one of those songs turned out to be 'Under Pressure' :lol:, even though there are at least several other possible "popular" choices (not in terms of figure skating, of course, but in terms of the popularity of the songs themselves).

Last edited:

RoseRed

Finally someone - and a promising dance team to boot👍 🙂. Well, Chock and Bates skated to Bowie's and Qeen's 'Under Pressure', but it's not quite the same as "pure" Bowie songs.

Although, come to think of it, I wouldn't be so surprised if one of those songs turned out to be 'Under Pressure' :lol:, even though there are at least several other possible "popular" choices (not in terms of figure skating, of course, but in terms of the popularity of the songs themselves).
In the clip posted, I hear Fame and Let's Dance, so maybe we won't get Under Pressure. Depends on how many songs they use.

VGThuy

Do you guys think Piper is giving us a hint that her and Paul's new RD will be set to Rodgers/Hammerstein's Carousel or am I just overreaching since I'm desperate for news of RD announcements being the big theatre fan that I am?

Gris

不做奴才做公民
A clip of Boyang Jin's new FS choreographed by Benoît Richaud. Music was identified by his fanpage as 'Wait for Me' by Luca D'Alberto.

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

A clip of Boyang Jin's new FS choreographed by Benoît Richaud. Music was identified by his fanpage as 'Wait for Me' by Luca D'Alberto.

Oh this is some interesting choice for Jin. I am curious what he is doing with it.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member

I vote for “Rebel, Rebel.”

chantilly

Is anyone else dying to know what Gilles and Porier are skating to?

They have kinda had uneven seasons in the last couple of years.

Each of the past few seasons. I generally love one of their programs and when I love both something usually goes wrong technically with one of their programs.

I just really want it for them this year.

But even with two spectacular programs well skated, I just don’t think they have the political clout to climb to the podium.

But I really hope I’m wrong.

VGThuy

I’m trying to figure which of those numbers has a Finnstep rhythm.

Avonley will be a great Jasmine, though. Also, will this be a rare RD where the lady wears pants instead of a skirt?

Are women allowed to wear pants this season?

I think they will force “Friend Like Me” to fit with the Finnstep. Igor has a long history of changing and editing music with sound effects and such to make the prescribed pattern steps fit with his teams’ music. I remember the artificial sweeping noises during Chock/Bates’ Il Divo “Unchained Melody” Ravensburger Waltz SD.

Ka3sha

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information