2019-20 US Singles Sectionals and Pairs & Dance Finals- Nov 12-16, 2019

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
RESULTS PAGES (will be active in a few days)

EASTERN

MIDWESTERN

PACIFIC

PAIRS FINAL

DANCE FINAL

Practice Groups for Mids + US Pairs Final here

Senior pairs entered- Chan/Howe, Mokhova/Mokhov, Pfund/Santillan, Lockley/Prochnow, McIsaac/Sadusky, Serafini/Tran, Andrews/Sierk, Timlen/Highgate-Brutman

SCHEDULES & INFO PAGES

EAST + DANCE FINAL

MIDS + PAIRS FINAL

PACS

Dobre

Well, we are back to bigger fields for the young dancers (juveniles, intermediates, and novices). I suppose that is a plus, at least. They don't get to attend Nationals, but more teams get to compete against each other.

How does the qualification for Nationals work with the junior dance teams now? Is it the top 12 here make it + any qualifier(s) for the JGPF? (Or are the top novice dancers from this invited to join the junior field too? Or some other twist that I've forgotten?)

Sylvia

TBD
How does the qualification for Nationals work with the junior dance teams now? Is it the top 12 here make it + any qualifier(s) for the JGPF?
Yes. Top 12 plus Nguyen/Kolesnik.

ETA:

USFS Rule 2501 SINGLES competitors qualify for the U.S. Figure Skating Championships:
A. For the junior events by:
1. Placing in the top 4 in junior at their respective sectional singles final;
2. Placing in the top 2 in novice at their respective sectional singles final; [NEW this season]
3. Earning a bye:
a. For qualifying to compete in the same event at the Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final;
b. As a member of the United States Figure Skating Team who meets the approved criteria per rule 2511. Competitors qualifying under this subparagraph (3) have the choice to compete at their sectional singles final but do not lose their bye to the U.S. Figure Skating Championships, regardless of placement, nor displace a skater who would have placed in the top four at the sectional singles final if said skater had not competed. At such final the top four places plus the byed competitor(s) will advance to the U.S. Figure Skating Championships.

B. For the senior events by meeting the minimum required technical score per rule 2505 and:
1. Placing in the top 4 in senior at their respective sectional singles final;
2. Earning a bye:
a. For placing in the top five in the same event at last year’s U.S. Figure Skating Championships;
b. For winning a medal in the same event at the most recent World Championships;
c. For winning a medal in the same event at the most recent Olympic Winter Games;
d. For qualifying to compete in the same event at the Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final or Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final;
e. As a member of the United States Figure Skating Team who meets the approved criteria per rule 2511. Competitors qualifying under this subparagraph (2) have the choice to compete at their sectional singles final but do not lose their bye to the U.S. Figure Skating Championships, regardless of placement, nor displace a skater who would have placed in the top four at the sectional singles final if said skater had not competed. At such final the top four places plus the byed competitor(s) will advance to the U.S. Figure Skating Championships, provided that all meet the minimum technical score per rule 2505.

Last edited:

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
There are no senior men listed for Mids. Is it because there were four or fewer and they elected not to compete? I was hoping to see Jordan Moeller and Emmanuel Savary there. :(

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
I noticed they have an hour or so for the men FS on the schedule (SP is also there), so I think they didn't list them on the practice groups because there is only 1 group maybe?

Debbie S

Reynolds not on Senior Dance roster...so do teams have the option of not competing at the Final if there are 4 or fewer at their level? Or less than 12 nationally registered for the qual season?

MacMadame

Doing all the things
What are people's recommendations for "can't miss" events at Sectionals? I noticed that NBC Sports Gold is streaming the qualifying comps but there are too many watch them all what with a GP also taking place this weekend.

I'm sure everyone has their favorites and I'd love to hear about them.

Theoreticalgirl

your faves are problematic
What are people's recommendations for "can't miss" events at Sectionals? I noticed that NBC Sports Gold is streaming the qualifying comps but there are too many watch them all what with a GP also taking place this weekend.

Senior Ladies FS at South Atlantics, esp the last 2 groups.

meggonzo

Banned Member
There are no senior men listed for Mids. Is it because there were four or fewer and they elected not to compete? I was hoping to see Jordan Moeller and Emmanuel Savary there. :(

Start order is up, there are 6 men competing. Hoping Ben Jalovick gets the mins and makes it to Nationals!

Sylvia

TBD
2020 U.S. Ice Dance Final (Eastern time): https://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2020/28837/index.asp
2020 Eastern Sectional Singles Final (Eastern time): https://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2020/27740/index.asp

2020 U.S. Pairs Final (Central time): https://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2020/28846/index.asp
2020 Midwestern Sectional Singles Final (Central time): https://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2020/27742/index.asp

Wed. Nov. 13 combined schedule (all times listed are EASTERN):

8:00 AM Juvenile Dance P1: U.S. Hickory Hoedown
8:00 AM Juvenile Dance P2: U.S. Ten-Fox
8:15 AM MIDS Intermediate Ladies Short Program
10:20 AM MIDS Intermediate Men Short Program
11:05 AM EASTERNS Intermediate Ladies Short Program
1:05 PM Intermediate Dance P1: American Waltz
1:05 PM Intermediate Dance P2: Foxtrot
1:50 PM MIDS Novice Ladies Short Program
3:55 PM EASTERNS Intermediate Men Short Program
4:05 PM Juvenile Pairs Free Skate
5:45 PM MIDS Junior Men Short Program (NBC GOLD)
5:45 PM Novice Dance P1: Starlight Waltz
5:45 PM Novice Dance P2: Quickstep
7:20 PM Intermediate Pairs Free Skate

Novice, Intermediate, Juvenile events streamed live for free / archived for on demand viewing here: https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/watch

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD

For today, MIDS Novice Ladies SP should be a very competitive event (for example, Elsa Cheng has been assigned to her first international, the junior event at Golden Spin of Zagreb in December, to get her TES minimums so she can be considered for Junior Worlds).

There is a new rule this year: top 2 finishers in singles at the Novice level at each of the 3 Sectionals will qualify to skate Junior for Nationals. MIDS Novice Men features 2 JGP competitors, Joseph Klein (one of my faves to watch) and Daniel Martynov, and we shall see whether or not both will advance as expected.

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Mids scoring has been working. Happy for Ian Kirk. His whole goal was to just make it to sectionals, so 2nd place in the short is a great place to be.

vesperholly

I watched a little bit of Intermediate Ladies at Easterns. Lotus Shen (1st) was very calm, smooth and jumps clean as a whistle. Ava Ziegler (2nd) has HUGE jumps, landed 3lutz and fell on a rotated 3flip. Missed most of the rest. Nice job ladies :cheer2:

sk8nlizard

Why Is it telling me it doesn’t support my device for Novice Ladies at MIDS? I watched other stuff earlier and the Intermediate dance from Easterns is playing?
NM it started working

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Elsa Cheng did a great job!
3Lz3T (rot.?), 3F with flow out, 2A... 51.29! She sat with Denise Myers (Bradie's coach) and Tommy Steenberg, her choreographer, I assume.

Audrey Meredith, also with Myers' group, is one to watch in group 2.

ETA link to MIDS Novice Ladies SP protocols: https://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2020/27742/SEGM007.html

Top 6:
Audrey Meredith, Skokie Valley SC 51.30 - 3Lz3T, 3Lo, 2A< fall
Elsa Cheng, Skokie Valley SC 51.29 - 3Lz3T(called<<), 3F, 2A
Adele Zheng, DuPage FSC 48.56 - 3Lz2T, 3F, 2A
Tamnhi Huynh, Dallas FSC 48.10 - 2A, 3Lz2T, deeply arched back in cantilever to 3S fell out
Bridget Isaly, Broadmoor SC 47.22 - 3F2T, 3T, 2A
Amber Barth, Dallas FSC 47.02 - 3S2Lo, 3T, 2A

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
2020 Pacific Coast Sectional Singles Final, Wenatchee, WA (all listed times are Pacific) starting orders are posted:

Polina Edmunds is listed in Friday's Senior Ladies SP starting order so she must have received a NQS bye (the 6th & final spot in Pacs) through Central Pacifics.

wickedwitch

2020 Pacific Coast Sectional Singles Final, Wenatchee, WA (all listed times are Pacific) starting orders are posted:

Polina Edmunds is listed in Friday's Senior Ladies SP starting order so she must have received a NQS bye (the 6th & final spot in Pacs) through Central Pacifics.
I didn't even think to look for her. I can't wait to watch her skate again!

Debbie S

FYI: apparently it's now Academy at Mitchell Johansson Method. Between them and Gadbois, do skating coaches think they're skaters will get higher marks if their group is an academy as opposed to a normal club?
I think USFS required them to add the "Academy" part to be an official club. I'm not sure exactly why, but that's what I heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information