2018 U.S. Nationals on TV & IceNetwork (incl. free IN content)

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Well, I'm glad I can adjust my DVR via the web since I'm on my way to San Jose. What splendid scheduling.

There is a live soccer game on NBCSN before the pairs SP so there may be some problems there too.

meggonzo

Banned Member
It's irritating because they've known well in advance the dates of the playoff games, so you'd think they'd already know when they'd be scheduled for each station. Well I guess maybe that's why NBCSN has the open TBA slot at the same time ...

love skating

Clueless American
My DISH guide shows the Olympic Channel showing the first hour of Pairs short on Thursday from 1 pm Pacific to 2 pm and then NBCSN showing the last hour and a half (after that soccer game) from 2 pm Pacific to 3:30 pm. I also worry about the ladies short tomorrow since the TV coverage starts over an hour after the event starts - guessing it will be tape-delayed and not live or possibly show some live and then add in the earlier skates during breaks? The ladies short follows an NHL game so possible overage there too...grrr

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
My DISH guide shows the Olympic Channel showing the first hour of Pairs short on Thursday from 1 pm Pacific to 2 pm and then NBCSN showing the last hour and a half (after that soccer game) from 2 pm Pacific to 3:30 pm. I also worry about the ladies short tomorrow since the TV coverage starts over an hour after the event starts - guessing it will be tape-delayed and not live or possibly show some live and then add in the earlier skates during breaks? The ladies short follows an NHL game so possible overage there too...grrr

They’ll likely show the last 2 groups live and show the 2 or 3 best of the earlier skaters during breaks (whenever the zamboni is on the ice)...for ex, Courtney, Starr and Bradie, who will skate in the first two groups.

Debrah

Considering that ice dance is really where a lot of the drama is for USA Nationals esp., after the GPF results hinting at a potential shake up as to order of finish in San Jose, plus the best chance for a podium (beyond N. Chen) at the O Games, it would be ironic and just sad if NBC misses the boat reporting on regular old football instead of ice dancing in an Olympic year. One would hope they learned their lesson with Davis and White...USA is becoming a little like Canada from the old days where only Ice Dance and Men Ruled while ladies were the bathroom break, LOL!

Sylvia

TBD
First ICE Desk in live on the B stream with McCarvel, Weiss, White & Castile.

Link: http://web.icenetwork.com/video/v1871200883

ICE Desk Schedule
(All times are Eastern. Schedule is subject to change.)

Wednesday, Jan. 3
• Prior to the ladies short program at approximately 9:15 p.m.
• Following the ladies short program at approximately 1 a.m. (Thursday, Jan. 4)

Press Conference Schedule
(All times are Eastern. Schedule is subject to change.)

Wednesday, Jan. 3
• U.S. Figure Skating President's Press Conference at approximately 7 p.m.
• Following the senior ladies short program at approximately 1:15 a.m. (Thursday, Jan. 4)

Last edited:

JOHIO2

So, we finally get to the event every subscriber to Icenetwork actually wants to watch. And WHAT do we get for the big bucks we invest; The following message: You can not play this media on the current browser / platform. WHAT? The latest Windows platform, updated this week, and the latest versions of multiple browsers and apps like flash are no longer sufficient to actually use the Icenetwork I paid for?

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
So, we finally get to the event every subscriber to Icenetwork actually wants to watch. And WHAT do we get for the big bucks we invest; The following message: You can not play this media on the current browser / platform. WHAT? The latest Windows platform, updated this week, and the latest versions of multiple browsers and apps like flash are no longer sufficient to actually use the Icenetwork I paid for?
Repeating for the 100th time. Windows 10/Edge does not support Flash without a lot of custom tweaking. Chrome works well, but you have to change the settings to allow Flash to run. The instructions are here https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6258784

Sparks

I had the same problem. I found out how to fix it. Go to settings/content. Allow flash. Then ADD the Ice Network video link.

aftershocks

Banned Member
So NBC is not showing the men live. Is it on NBCSN??? The original schedule said Men's live on NBC from 8-11. Not happening.

JOHIO2

Blame the NFL! It was on NBCSN because NBC got the chance to show NFL playoff games

Susan1

I recorded the Ladies on regular NBC, but the bottom fifth was weather messages (wind chill advisory, not even snow) and closings (not even schools!), so I am going to record it on the O channel tonight so I can see the whole screen and watch again!

Allskate

Have any of you found the U.S. Nationals exhibitions on tv? I thought they were on NBC today, but I've got football.

DreamSkates

I subscribed to Hulu TV to get the Olympic Channel. They have a 1 week trial available that might work to cover any reruns.

Good to know - thanks! Am going to check this out for sure since I get only free-to-air tv.

Just looked it up - Sling offers the Olympics:
"Sling TV is the least expensive option. You will need the Sling TV Blue package and the News add-on for a total of $30 a month. With that you will get every channel that will air the Olympics."

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
The Nationals exhibition gala, hosted by Terry Gannon and Tanith White (eta: plus Scott Hamilton), is scheduled to be broadcast in about 10 mins. on NBC (4-6 pm Eastern) - check your local listings. We should expect to see repeats of certain skaters' competition programs, too. ;)

Last edited:

Willin

The Gala coverage is so awful. I usually don't watch galas because the programs are so boring these days (I want funny or energetic routines with moves we can't see in competition), but occasionally I do watch Galas if they're on TV. But that means I want to watch the Gala - not replays of the competition performances!

BaileyCatts

I have it recorded and haven't watched yet, but I figured we'd get a lot of replays because from the Gala thread of those who attended, it doesn't sound like very many skaters actually performed and the whole show was very short. So I figured there would be a lot of replays of everyones LP at a minimum.

love skating

Clueless American
I hate that they repeat performances, but they've been doing that for years - even ABC did that for the galas - it always annoyed me. I'd rather see the junior performances. And if they have to show repeats - then maybe offer us a commentary free version to be different!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information