2017 Eurovision Grand Final - I Feel Like Chicken (Kyiv) Tonight!

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
And he blows the bad health sympathy he got with a pretentious speech knocking the majority of songs at Eurovsion this year :lol:

Eden

A very well deserved first place to Portugal, :cheer: and I am glad that Israel voted as same as I did regarding giving its 12 points to Salvador.
On a different note:
It was so sad to watch Ofer (the Israeli presenter) saying good bye to ESC from channel 1.
And the translator just wrote: It was an honor to serve you for 31 years. :(
I hope that the new Israeli public corporation Kan will continue the tradition of participating in ESC.

Loves_Shizuka

Romania and Croatia were my faves :inavoid: :lol:

I liked Portugal.

But I'm shocked Bulgaria did so well. It was the epitome of generic to my ears :scream:

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
And he blows the bad health sympathy he got with a pretentious speech knocking the majority of songs at Eurovsion this year :lol:
and IMO, he kind of has a point. That wasn't a really good year.

Chemistry66

A very well deserved first place to Portugal, :cheer: and I am glad that Israel voted as same as I did regarding giving its 12 points to Salvador.
On a different note:
It was so sad to watch Ofer (the Israeli presenter) saying good bye to ESC from channel 1.
I hope that the new Israeli public corporation Kan will continue the tradition of participating in ESC.

The issue, though, is that the new corporation doesn't meet EBU membership requirements. So even if they want to participate, they can't.

Shyjosie

Liked it best when they sang together. Another great brother-sister-team!

My favs were Belarus and The Netherlands.

Madhatter

But I'm shocked Bulgaria did so well. It was the epitome of generic to my ears :scream:

Really not a surprise. Cute, strong voice, radio-friendly. All the younger demo would have been all over it. (I really liked it too, although nothing woukd have beaten Romania in my heart.) Also: he was almost last up - that makes a major difference. People tend to remember those better.

Loves_Shizuka

Really not a surprise. Cute, strong voice, radio-friendly. All the younger demo would have been all over it. (I really liked it too, although nothing woukd have beaten Romania in my heart.) Also: he was almost last up - that makes a major difference. People tend to remember those better.

Fair enough.

That whole Justin Timberlake/Bieber-esque sound does NOTHING for me. Like, nothing.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Well there are very good songs too. Top 15 is usually very good or funny.
Apart Moldavia and Romania, none really were that fun :(

Have been watching Eurovision since I was a child and the standard this year was pretty much on a par with the past few years.

DaiKozOda

Salvador and Luisa duet was magical for me. I enjoyed it even more than Salvador's performance during the final. For that moment alone it totally worth it.
Beautiful melody, such bittersweet poetic lyrics, his unique interpretation and the jazz vybe... :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Special mention to Moldova. That was a lot of fun.

Seerek

Bulgaria with back-to-back top 4 finishes since they returned in 2016 shows they're serious in winning, imo.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kristian Kostov makes an appearance again sometime in the future.

sus2850

I almost feel sorry for Italy. Or maybe not.
Bulgaria won best dressed for me, and I am happy that the public liked Belgium more than the juries. And: glad, that Ireland saved Germany from being last again.

shuilee

Romania wuzrobbed!

Based on twitter trends, the results from USA would've been this (if USA had a vote):
1. Romania
2. Bulgaria
3. Belgium

Reactions: DCA

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
If you're wondering why the Portuguese song was so appreciated maybe understanding the lyrics would help, here it is with the english subs
It didn't help me though, very simple song about love not much in there tbh.
I went to bed before hearing his speech, my god what a pretentious speech. How disrespectful to all the other contestants and the public who partly comes to have fun. I mean Eurovision is supposed to be fun and light entertainment not a deep soul searching event :rolleyes: Get over yourself Portugal. I mean his song is a small touching song but it's hardly breaking ground either. After that speech I feel even more like wuzrobbed Romania :drama:

MichaelK

I am very happy about the results and think Portugal is a very deserving winner. Like last year the song with the most emotional impact won (in my opinion), although Ukraine 2016 and Portugal 2017 are of course very different.

Congrats also to Bulgaria and Moldova for their best ever finishes in the contest.

Blanche finally did the song justice although the staging could have been much better, in any case 4th is a very good result.

The only entry that I would have ranked much higher is Armenia, I thought it would do much better than 18th.

There are some quite interesting changes from the semifinal to the final. The most significant is Israel, placing 3rd in the semi but close to the bottom (behind all the other acts from that semifinal) in the end. Maybe running order (last in the semi, first in the final)?

In Germany the usual whining why we did not do so well has started. But really it is not surprising: the song was mediocre, Levina is a competent but not stellar performer and there was nothing interesting in the staging. "Perfect Life" in a sea of grey? I don't think so. Yesterday there were too many excellent acts for Germany to place well.

Last edited:

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
It has to be said that if Portugal can win, any country can win. I'm just going to ignore the musical snobbery from our winner. We'll probably have a big stonking pop song win next year anyway. ;)

shah

Shhh... shhh...
Portugal :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:.
I voted for Portugal, Belgium and Bulgaria, and, guess what, all three of them were in top 4 - I think it's the first time ever so many of my favourites overlapped with other people's choices :).

I'm a bit sad for Kasia's result - I think she deserved more from the juries. I really hope her 22nd place will stop the discussions about Polish diaspora everywhere and Michał Szpak's success last year (even though I realise that in the Grand Final Kasia got 10 and 7 points from UK and Ireland respectively)...

Imri - yeah, I know the vocals were more than poor, but was there anyone who was actually listening to him? ;)

@sweetsparky : your profile picture :D. The infamous 2.24 of Manel's performance :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information