2016 Eurovision Semi 2 - Made of Snarks

Josh78

I'm actually a TOTAL closet Eurovision fan (have wanted to watch it ever since Celine Dion won in '87, but there never was a way until the last few years, that I knew about)...I actually LOVED Michal from Poland -- he's a STAR, and the lyrics of his song really spoke to me (but then I'm American, and we were only allowed to be able to watch Eurovision online in the last year or two, and can't vote) -- I really hope he wins! (Though, I don't expect him to, no one I ever root for ever wins in these contests lol)

D

Deleted member 40371

I am surpised that Ireland didn't get through, that was a great entry. I am voting for Russia... It is the first time I will be voting for them.

Josh78

:lol:

NO

:p

@Josh78 well, you may get your viewing wish - there has been much talk in the news today about the possibility of America joining in the fun ....

Wow, I'm actually SHOCKED they would do that (on a cultural level, not on a "TV executive wanting the last bit of more money they could POSSIBLY inject to keep the contest afloat long-term" level)...even with American Idol having gone by the way side..American execs aren't (and the public) aren't that great with accepting defeat always -- I can remember the ONE time they had a "World Idol" (way back in something like 2002-03, I want to say...) ...it came down to our American Idol Kelly Clarkson and some guy from Norway or Sweden (I think, and whose name I can't remember -- all i can remember is that my reaction at the results was pretty much the same as when Mans beat Polina last year at Eurovision 2015)..SHOCKINGLY, Kelly got 2nd , and the idea for making "World Idol" a regular thing was quickly scrapped. I guess we'll see how it ends up developing..

skatefan

Home in England
Wow, I'm actually SHOCKED they would do that (on a cultural level, not on a "TV executive wanting the last bit of more money they could POSSIBLY inject to keep the contest afloat long-term" level)...even with American Idol having gone by the way side..American execs aren't (and the public) aren't that great with accepting defeat always -- I can remember the ONE time they had a "World Idol" (way back in something like 2002-03, I want to say...) ...it came down to our American Idol Kelly Clarkson and some guy from Norway or Sweden (I think, and whose name I can't remember -- all i can remember is that my reaction at the results was pretty much the same as when Mans beat Polina last year at Eurovision 2015)..SHOCKINGLY, Kelly got 2nd , and the idea for making "World Idol" a regular thing was quickly scrapped. I guess we'll see how it ends up developing..
Well, it was speculation based on the fact that the European Broadcasting Union has made a deal to broadcast the programme in America - this is an interesting read and covers the speculation :)
http://www.wrongmog.com/2016/05/how-eurovision-finally-cracked-america/
Australia's entry last year was meant to be a one-off based on their 30 year broadcasting of the event, and countries which wouldn't really be considered 'in Europe' are able to enter because they fall into the EBU broadcasting area.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
First time to watch the Eurovision while being an active poster on FSU. So can we post our live reaction in this thread ? Can every FSUer vote ? Which stream are you gonna watch ? Usually, I really enjoy Graham Norton commenting for BBC. Hopefully I can find a functioning live stream.

FarFarAway

Four the Dark Side
@Josh78 well, you may get your viewing wish - there has been much talk in the news today about the possibility of America joining in the fun ....

Shall they send Gaga to participate? That would be quite in line with the show, I dare say :D

I am surpised that Ireland didn't get through, that was a great entry. I am voting for Russia... It is the first time I will be voting for them.

Please, don't ;) The show in Russia would now be the embodiment of farce and mockery.

Josh78

Allezfred, thanks for that link..I was only 10 then, so naturally I messed up the year..I had NO idea Celine only won by ONE point..I was under the impression she had won by a wide margin..very interesting..and FarFar..considering Bulgaria this year already had a Gaga-esque girl, I don't think we'd put it in their faces by countering with the original -- Eurovision seems to be for younger, less established artist/reality TV talent competition winners rather than for already established mega-artists lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information