Craig Simpson & Jamie Sale

skategal

Bunny mama
My favourite is the brain contortions that have Q-anoners saying in the same breath “Don’t take an experimental vaccines for Covid but if you do, there are now experimental treatments you can take to rid your body of the effects of the vaccines.” :lol:

This is the latest train of thought being pushed in NS.

I nearly fell off my chair laughing when I saw that on FB yesterday.

VGThuy

For the last time: how she skated in SLC has NOTHING to do with her becoming a Qnut. The most annoying sports logical fallacy of all time.
Not many here are saying that how she skated in SLC has anything to do with being a Qnut. I'm sure there are people out there that are. Here, people are just being funny or are provocative. Plus, the tweet was about "uncomfortable truths" so I'm sure for some people, the truth is that Jamie was initially the Olympic silver medalist and still is in their hearts, no matter how much that makes her uncomfortable. You could always turn it around on them by showing them a picture of her with the SLC gold and screen shotting her name in the record books as Olympic champion and say how that objective truth makes them uncomfortable.

Seerek

A huge part of the anti-vaccine and anti-whatever crowd is a way to stick it to “experts” who they see as eggheads who think they are better than everyone else and can “play God” with their lives
well, we’ll show them! They believe they should be considered equal authorities to those who have earned multiple degrees and have devoted their life to serious substantive research and analysis
the being paid off by the government and bought off by big pharma is just another tool to discredit the “experts”. All in all, it’s an insecure projection from people who believe their screaming and Google research should be seen as equal to years of devotion to actual education and study.
It's as if junior/high school truly never ends...the "jocks" vs. "nerds"/"artsies" battles continuing on until time ends.

Last edited:

puglover

Very sadly, I have witnessed this argument tear a wonderful family apart. My DIL, a marvelous young woman, has basically had to disassociate from her parents and brother and family over this. They are bright, well-educated, affluent, charming and socially conscious people. Their youngest son died as a teen in a car accident and DIL believes that was the beginning of their warped sense of right. They warned my son, upon his engagement to their daughter, that none of their grandchildren would ever be vaccinated. He held his tongue but felt like saying "and none of my children will die of a preventable disease". Covid has been a nightmare and without going in to it all - we saw them for the first time in years for Thanksgiving. Our son and DIL have 3 beautiful boys and their other grandparents are missing their childhood, as well as missing their aged parents last years. One of the grandchildren has severe allergies and they refuse to take it seriously - leaving trail mix around, peanuts for the squirrels, and taking him to a bakery without his epi pen. Our DiL and son just want them to agree to disagree and not constantly try to push their beliefs on them. Our DIL was just told by her mom that their beliefs mean more to them than the relationships with their daughter and her family. I just feel sad for all of them and can't really see how this is going to change. These are such good people but so misguided.

Judy

Very sadly, I have witnessed this argument tear a wonderful family apart. My DIL, a marvelous young woman, has basically had to disassociate from her parents and brother and family over this. They are bright, well-educated, affluent, charming and socially conscious people. Their youngest son died as a teen in a car accident and DIL believes that was the beginning of their warped sense of right. They warned my son, upon his engagement to their daughter, that none of their grandchildren would ever be vaccinated. He held his tongue but felt like saying "and none of my children will die of a preventable disease". Covid has been a nightmare and without going in to it all - we saw them for the first time in years for Thanksgiving. Our son and DIL have 3 beautiful boys and their other grandparents are missing their childhood, as well as missing their aged parents last years. One of the grandchildren has severe allergies and they refuse to take it seriously - leaving trail mix around, peanuts for the squirrels, and taking him to a bakery without his epi pen. Our DiL and son just want them to agree to disagree and not constantly try to push their beliefs on them. Our DIL was just told by her mom that their beliefs mean more to them than the relationships with their daughter and her family. I just feel sad for all of them and can't really see how this is going to change. These are such good people but so misguided.
That is awful 😔.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I think, that whether or not people think Jamie was or was not a great skater, what the issue for me comes down to influencer or not.

Jamie because she has an OGM or OSM - not going to go there - is a known person. As an Olympian she still is a known entity and is a social media influencer.

She is using her platform to influence people. We can only hope more don't believe her and put it down to Q cult, rather than facts.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I think, that whether or not people think Jamie was or was not a great skater, what the issue for me comes down to influencer or not.

Jamie because she has an OGM or OSM - not going to go there - is a known person. As an Olympian she still is a known entity and is a social media influencer.

She is using her platform to influence people. We can only hope more don't believe her and put it down to Q cult, rather than facts.

And as I mentioned, because she is/was an elite athlete (not just a medal winner/champion) she may be perceived to have more knowledge than the average person about physical well-being.

canbelto

Just because something makes you uncomfortable doesn’t mean it’s not true. :saint:
So you are saying that you knew in SLC that Jamie would turn out like this bc 
. You didn’t like her death spiral?
I know you think all North American skaters are trash and deserve to die, but saying that they’re all Qnuts is a stretch even for you.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I know you think all North American skaters are trash and deserve to die, but saying that they’re all Qnuts is a stretch even for you.
Did you read the context? - Jamie saying something in 2002 about the gold medal comments by others. Now coming back at her by others saying the samethng about her beliefs?

Not everything is about NA skaters, it's about context.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
The route from A to B seems repeatedly lost with you in this thread, if I am remembering some earlier claims you made based upon nothing :confused:. No one said anything about what you are stating so matter-of-factly, and it makes me more and more confused what you are even getting at.

And now the over-dramatization of 'trash and needing to die'. Last time it was using the r-word. I really think (and hope) you know better than that.

canbelto

The route from A to B seems repeatedly lost with you in this thread, if I am remembering some earlier claims you made based upon nothing :confused:. No one said anything about what you are stating so matter-of-factly, and it makes me more and more confused what you are even getting at.

And now the over-dramatization of 'trash and needing to die'. Last time it was using the r-word. I really think (and hope) you know better than that.
That ppl repeatedly think that skating is some moral litmus test. I like X skaters triple axel, therefore he must be a good person. I hate Y skaters lutz, so is it any wonder she’s a Qnut?

Sports has nothing moral about it.

tony

That ppl repeatedly think that skating is some moral litmus test. I like X skaters triple axel, therefore he must be a good person. I hate Y skaters lutz, so is it any wonder she’s a Qnut?

Sports has nothing moral about it.
That's not what anyone is saying, but go on, especially with the claim that said poster is saying all North American skaters are qnuts (or whatever that was supposed to mean). You're turning it into your own interpretation with none of such ever being said.

And what is really fascinating about this is your going and seeing which skaters were still following certain people and making claims about how that's disappointing and how they should 'know right from wrong'. So litmus test what?

canbelto

That's not what anyone is saying, but go on, especially with the claim that said poster is saying all North American skaters are qnuts (or whatever that was supposed to mean). You're turning it into your own interpretation with none of such ever being said.

And what is really fascinating about this is your going and seeing which skaters were still following certain people and making claims about how that's disappointing and how they should 'know right from wrong'. So litmus test what?
It’s disappointing to see skaters still following Delilah Sappenfield and James Cipres. However, just bc they follow these characters doesn’t mean their skating is now trash. There’s no connection between a persons private morality and his or her skating.

tony

It’s disappointing to see skaters still following Delilah Sappenfield and James Cipres. However, just bc they follow these characters doesn’t mean their skating is now trash. There’s no connection between a persons private morality and his or her skating.
And where did said poster ever make the foolish claims that you have more than once came back to this thread to go on about? Still waiting for where it was suggested they 'are all Qnuts'.

Who really cares about what people think about Jamie? @allezfred has already said somewhere in this thread that he would have taken away the gold medal because of the snowball fight choreography or something along those lines. :lol: If you don't like the humor, fine. But maybe read the words being written? She clearly doesn't want defended by anyone who doesn't agree with her.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Another elite athlete whose anti-vax views (and anti- a lot of other things) get more attention than they should because of his athletic success is Curt Schilling, the baseball pitcher. He was great back in the day, but now he's a QAnon election-denying racist sexist nutbar.

canbelto

And where did said poster ever make the foolish claims that you have more than once came back to this thread to go on about? Still waiting for where it was suggested they 'are all Qnuts'.

Who really cares about what people think about Jamie? @allezfred has already said somewhere in this thread that he would have taken away the gold medal because of the snowball fight choreography or something along those lines. :lol: If you don't like the humor, fine. But maybe read the words being written? She clearly doesn't want defended by anyone who doesn't agree with her.
Allezfred repeatedly thinks that all North American skaters are bad people bc he doesn’t like their skating. That is well known at fsu. That’s the logical fallacy I hate.

tony

Allezfred repeatedly thinks that all North American skaters are bad people bc he doesn’t like their skating. That is well known at fsu. That’s the logical fallacy I hate.
I see I'm not going to get any answer about the claims you make and where they came from. :lol:

But I still don't make the connection of him being bored by North American (pairs) skaters and taking jabs to rile people up such as yourself, to them all being terrible people. But sure, let's run with her bad death spiral being the reason she's now going full-on conspiracy.

canbelto

I see I'm not going to get any answer about the claims you make and where they came from. :lol:

But I still don't make the connection of him being bored by North American (pairs) skaters and taking jabs to rile people up such as yourself, to them all being terrible people. But sure, let's run with her bad death spiral being the reason she's now going full-on conspiracy.

He thinks all North American skaters are horrible people. I don;t.

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins

He thinks all North American skaters are horrible people. I don;t.

Man, now I'm mad because I have to defend Allezfred. None of what you've posted is true. Is he a self-important a-hole with sometimes questionable taste in skating that has a weird fixation for attempting to dunk on Canadians? Of course, and I wish some proverbial Canadian hadn't kicked his dog or pissed in his cornflakes in the past. But you are sadly wrong on top of being beyond dramatic. I know I've seen Allezfred say lovely things about Patrick Chan, V&M, etc. etc., and I don't think he's ever personally insulted, nor wished ill upon, even the worst of Canadian skaters.

Now, we CAN question why he values trying to insult Canadians using Jamie Sale rather than unite with us in shared dislike of her. But because I know he doesn't kick puppies on purpose, I hope he simply values being a provocative and "funny" poster over much else on FSU, and NOT that his sometimes questionable taste reflects in sometimes questionable morals... ;)

Last edited:

Judy

I was listening to Dean Blundell’s show from a day or so again. He said that him and Jamie have a mutual friend and that the Person said that she is no longer allowed to be alone with the kids and that both fathers have the kids.

Slushee

Banned Member
Who is this "allezfred" person about whom posters in this thread seem to be so fixated on debating?

Habs

A bitch from Canada
I was listening to Dean Blundell’s show from a day or so again. He said that him and Jamie have a mutual friend and that the Person said that she is no longer allowed to be alone with the kids and that both fathers have the kids.
I listened to this podcast too. He was very clear that their mutual friend said the dads will not allow the kids to be with her.
Of course, this is a bit of hearsay, but I have heard the same thing from a different source about David with Jesse (who is also old enough to make his own choices), so I believe it's true. Craig Simpson travels a lot but my understanding is he has a very close family, so I expect their daughter is with his family or with Sale's mom.
Blundell also said the mutual friend said all of Sale's friends and family have peaced out, which is terribly sad, but there comes a point where there isn't much else you can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information