Unpopular Opinions

Vagabond

Evan is definitely attractive, as are most figure skaters. The most attractive man currently in ice dancing ? That's highly debatable, LOL. I think what make Evan attractive is that he seems very approachable. I mean I think he's someone that I can approach and maybe even ask out. Papadakis? Nope, I'd be too chicken sh*t, LOL; I'd imagine he wants to be with another Greek God.
Gabriella Papadakis is a she, and more of a nymph than anything else.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I'm trying to figure out what's an unpopular opinion here.

It seems like most of the ones people are posting are either very popular or spilt around 50/50.

MsZem

I see the sea
I'm trying to figure out what's an unpopular opinion here.

Here are some of the highlights so far:

Voiceovers are underutilized.

I think tights over boots can look good.

And continuing with Nessun Dorma: Meno/Sand’s 1995 Nationals skate is artistically superior to Shen/Zhao’s 2003 Worlds performance.

There hasn't been a watchable top Russian woman skater since Butyrskaya. [honourable mention to Pogorilaya]

There hasn't been a watchable top Russian man skater in the last 3 decades.

Not skating related but I wish the gymnast Oksana Chusovitina would just retire already. She announced her retirement (again!) after Tokyo but now she said she’s going to compete at next year’s Asian Games.

I quite liked Tarasova/Morosov's Candy Man LP.

I can beat that. I like Josh Groban. :D

I generally have no problem with cover music, including emo cover music.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
And yet, some people agree with some of them?

Maybe not the voice-overs or tights over boots.

Spiralgraph

I think the story telling aspect of figure skating is over estimated. Unless the lyrics used are readily recognizable, most programs to me don't tell a story I can understand. Music to me sets a mood, but other than that it's just one or two people hopefully skating well to interesting or melodious music.

LoopCombo

I think Tuktamysheva deserves the PCS she is recently getting, because she has improved in skating skills and transitions in the past couple of years and she was already great at interpretation and performance, not to mention has interesting program compositions — so it’s only fair that it is now higher.

Marco

I don't dislike Simon's commentary...he is less annoying than many others.

[Back to Eurosport UK] Is he the one with insight or the one tasked with calling jumps only but getting them wrong from time to time?

antmanb

[Back to Eurosport UK] Is he the one with insight or the one tasked with calling jumps only but getting them wrong from time to time?
Simon is the one that follows the planned content sheet and calls the jumps the skaters put on that (but he has more recently been able to realise if it's not being followed), he is also the one the non skater commentator who is supposed to talk about the programme but mostly is baffled by the "new" scoring system.

sjs5572

canbelto

My unpopular opinion is I don't see what's SO special about Jason Brown's skating. I can see what's special about it in a program like Sinnerman but for an LP like Schindler's List he just seems above average in skating skills and presentation, but not enough for him to win over skaters with more jump content.

VGThuy

I did not get Jason until I saw him live and was blown away.
That's how I felt at 2016 Skate America. He just moved in a way that blew everyone else away. Like his clarity of movement, his carriage, his body line, and the sheer shapes he made on the ice...NOBODY came close. I was a huge Shoma fan at the time (still am but not as huge) and was looking forward to him the most going into SA, but it wasn't Shoma's skating (even to the woman wailing in Spanish program that I loved so much) that captivated me but Jason's. I still think about the majesty that I saw in the Mens LP. There was a reason that volunteer opening the entrances for the skaters by the boards was in tears after Brown's skate there. That said, I don't think Schindler's List is on The Scent of Love's level.

hanca

Values her privacy
I did not get Jason until I saw him live and was blown away.
I did see him live and I still did not get it, why he should be deserving the scores he gets. I wonder whether he would get the same scores if he competed for another country (a smaller country without any skating politic power).

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
I did see him live and I still did not get it, why he should be deserving the scores he gets. I wonder whether he would get the same scores if he competed for another country (a smaller country without any skating politic power).

The power of the grade of execution. Karen Chen as well, I mean she came in fourth place at worlds. When she’s on she’s on and gets high grades of executions on her spins and jumps if there’s no under rotations. And she doesn’t have any triple axels or quads but when she’s on the stuff she does are done well

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information