From Russia with love [#27]: Summer 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

lala

I said Yulia won't compete in this season. I didn't say anything about her retiring.

hanca

Values her privacy
Shame on the RSF for letting their talented young ladies go to Canada, instead of helping them.
To be fair, Russia has lots of junior pairs, so one junior skater more or less won't make much difference to them. Saying that, after Lubov success, and after Katia won the junior worlds, I am not sure whether Russia will be willing to release the skaters so easily. Especially those who have medals from junior worlds like Borisova. They don't need her, but whether they will be willing to share...we will see.

Sylvia

TBD
Team Russia for the first JGP in Australia:
Roman SAVOSIN (4th in JGP Final last season)
Artem KOVALEV

Debuts:
Alexandra TRUSOVA (turned 13 in June; 4th at Jr. Nationals in Feb.)
Anastasiia GULIAKOVA (age 14; 8th at Jr. Nationals)
(@Ka3sha, can you recommend their best competitive performances to watch?)

ETA that they also both competed at a second national competition in early April (Trusova 2nd, Gulyakova 5th): http://www.fsrussia.ru/results/1617/olimpic_hopes1617/CAT002RS.HTM

Dance:
Sofia POLISHCHUK / Alexander VAKHNOV (silver & bronze JGP medals last season)
Elizaveta KHUDAIBERDIEVA / Nikita NAZAROV (debut)

Last edited:

Ka3sha

Alexandra TRUSOVA (turned 13 in June; 4th at Jr. Nationals in Feb.)
Anastasiia GULIAKOVA (age 14; 8th at Jr. Nationals)
(@Ka3sha, can you recommend their best competitive performances to watch?)
Here's is Trusova's profile. She turned 13 this June, coached by Tutberidze and Dudakov
http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/3855.html
She was fourth at Russian Junior Nationals this year
SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaCChuesNHE
FP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZHtdzCuHjM
Video of her landing 4S-3T
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Aq7B9pO8_g&feature=youtu.be
She also tried 3A but I couldn't find a video

Here's is Gulyakova's profile
http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/4030.html
She will turn 15 in August, coached by Ilya Klimkin
Her best SP was at Russian Junior Nationals this year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaqAKRHKs60
FP from Russian Second Junior Nationals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhA7ZGCQouQ
She has triple axel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPikkNTSV54

Sabine-Yuna

Shame on the RSF for letting their talented young ladies go to Canada, instead of helping them.
Russia hasn't released any of their junior ladies (pair and single skaters) for next season, even if they have never done an ISU competition before. Why should they release Borisova? A lot of money would be the only reason.

J

Jeschke

Surprisingly, Stasia will stay in juniors this year :eek::confused:
Chebotareva said it in her last interview
Hm, kinda surprised too; maybe it's just about the points but if she really would like to be in the mix for euros/olympics/worlds, skating at a gp would have been good for her.
I expect her to do some senior challengers, as she did last season, or?

So who is left available for the host spot? Sima has only one gp, or?

Sylvia

TBD
Thanks so much for providing all those Trusova/Gulyakova links, @Ka3sha! :)
Hm, kinda surprised too; maybe it's just about the points but if she [Konstantinova] really would like to be in the mix for euros/olympics/worlds, skating at a gp would have been good for her.
I expect her to do some senior challengers, as she did last season, or?

So who is left available for the host spot? Sima has only one gp, or?
These were the next 2 Russian ladies in line from SB list without a GP assignment after the initial selection back in May:
28 Konstantinova RUS (still JGP-eligible, did 1 Challenger last year)
42 Sakhanovich RUS (1 GP, 1 Challenger last year)

Is Alisa Fedichkina planning to stay junior internationally? She turned 15 in February.

Last edited:

hanca

Values her privacy
Surprisingly, Stasia will stay in juniors this year :eek::confused:
Chebotareva said it in her last interview

She also said that Kolyada's short program has to different parts (a lyrical one and tango in the second half), his free is a mix of few songs. He went to Lambiel with his long time choreographer, Olga Klushnichenko
Surprisingly? Sakhanovich was forced to stay at Junior level after two years of being junior, and achieving two junior worlds silver medals, two silver JGPF medals and three first places at JGP events, so why should Konstantinova move to seniors after getting 2nd and 4th at JGP events, no JGPF, and 6th place at junior worlds?

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Russia hasn't released any of their junior ladies (pair and single skaters) for next season, even if they have never done an ISU competition before. Why should they release Borisova? A lot of money would be the only reason.

Where did I say they should release Borisova?:confused:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Thanks so much for providing all those Trusova/Gulyakova links, @Ka3sha! :)

These were the next 2 Russian ladies in line from SB list without a GP assignment after the initial selection back in May:
28 Konstantinova RUS (still JGP-eligible, did 1 Challenger last year)
42 Sakhanovich RUS (1 GP, 1 Challenger last year)

Is Alisa Fedichkina planning to stay junior internationally? She turned 15 in February.

I'd love to see Fedichkina fight for that Cup of Russia spot. If Konstantinova is staying junior, it's really should be between her and her training mate Sakhanovich, unless I'm forgetting someone who is age eligible. Let the :gallopin1 begin!

analia

It's better to do CS events than staying junior for Stasya...It won't be easy or pretty competing with Eteri's wonder babies. At some point Maria Stavitskaya got a GP event. Stasya shouldn't think she doesn't deserve to be considered just because she did't win a WJC medal.
Can a skater show up to both junior and senior test skates?

adelia

It's better to do CS events than staying junior for Stasya...It won't be easy or pretty competing with Eteri's wonder babies. At some point Maria Stavitskaya got a GP event. Stasya shouldn't think she doesn't deserve to be considered just because she did't win a WJC medal.
Can a skater show up to both junior and senior test skates?
You can't "show up" at a test skate if the Federation does not request for your presence there.

And Maria took part in her only GP event because Adelina pulled out of CoR and there was just no other eligible senior Russian lady to replace her other than Maria.

kittysk8ts

According to some rumors Fedor Klimov is injured again and probably he will need a surgery. Nothing official yet but Mozer's group is in Italy right now and it looks like Ksenia and Fedor are not there :(
Oh no. I pray this is not true or at least not as bad as it sounds. Fingers crossed. Love this team and I especially love Fedor. This sport is so heartbreaking :(

hanca

Values her privacy
Thanks god that Tarasova/Morozov progressed a lot in the last season. Saying that, I am not persuaded about Zabijako/Enbert (in my view they have pretty extensions and look very elegant, but technically they are not very strong and quite far from podium). If Stolbova/Klimov can't compete, it is between Kavaguti/Smirnov and Astakhova/Rogonov to fight for the third spot.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Thanks god that Tarasova/Morozov progressed a lot in the last season. Saying that, I am not persuaded about Zabijako/Enbert (in my view they have pretty extensions and look very elegant, but technically they are not very strong and quite far from podium). If Stolbova/Klimov can't compete, it is between Kavaguti/Smirnov and Astakhova/Rogonov to fight for the third spot.

I don't think Zabiako and Elbert are a lock for the second spot. So it will be three pairs fighting for two spots and none of them is podium worthy. It's 2010 all over again- though I am hoping for Tarasova Morozov to at least win the bronze in the 2018 Olympics.

Can Volosozhar Trankov come back?

hanca

Values her privacy
I don't think Zabiako and Elbert are a lock for the second spot. So it will be three pairs fighting for two spots and none of them is podium worthy. It's 2010 all over again- though I am hoping for Tarasova Morozov to at least win the bronze in the 2018 Olympics.

Can Volosozhar Trankov come back?
I think Z/E are a lock for the second spot. They did get to GPF last season, and placed fourth, and were clearly better than A/R and K/S throughout the season, so I think they established themself as a higher ranked team (at least in the eyes of the federation). Personally I think they have been quite lucky at times, but comparing with A/R and K/S results, they have nothing to worry about.

S

SmallFairy

According to some rumors Fedor Klimov is injured again and probably he will need a surgery. Nothing official yet but Mozer's group is in Italy right now and it looks like Ksenia and Fedor are not there :(

They seriously have the worst of luck :(:(:(

Dobre

comparing with A/R and K/S results, they have nothing to worry about.

Z&E have a bit to worry about. Their GP events this season are both deep and in North America. (The GP field should be much tougher this season, considering the high percentage of injured teams last year). Kavaguti & Smirnov had a 5th & 6th last season on the GP, and people were shocked. But it wouldn't take much for Z&E to have similar results this season. (And if they have strong results, it will be more impressive). K&S would have to commit to the fight; and it does not sound like they have. I don't know about A&R. I'm curious whether they will get the host spot at Rostelecom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information