So How Do You Stay in Shape?

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
Congratulations @TheGirlCanSkate !!! Keep up the wonderful work! In the course of the last 7 years or so, I have lost almost half of my body weight (I topped out just over 300lbs) and know how hard it can be to stay dedicated to it; but man, the impact on my health, energy and self-confidence has been remarkable!!

For exercise, I'm lucky to live near Lake Tahoe, so it's skiing in winter (and this year, probably through May!) and hiking/paddleboarding in summer. I got a pup about 5 months ago, and so have been forced to increase my walking around the neighborhood and such as well! So on my days off, Charley and I head out for a more substantial hike, since he gets the neighborhood walk a few times a day anyway.

Japanfan

I got a pup about 5 months ago, and so have been forced to increase my walking around the neighborhood and such as well! So on my days off, Charley and I head out for a more substantial hike, since he gets the neighborhood walk a few times a day anyway.

:dog:

What kind of pup, Kasey?

Bandit in my avatar gets me out for walks and hikes as well. But a Golden Retriever is sort of a lazy person's dog, because when the weather is lousy or time is short, all that's needed is some ball play, and they are good to go.

Spun Silver

I thought this website, FastTwitchGrandma.com, might be of interest to some of the folks reading this thread. It was started by a friend of ours and she appears in some of the videos. As the title suggests, it is aimed at the over-40 crowd. Its idea is to get out of the gym and exercise where you are -- and have fun!

ETA: They are also emphasizing the importance of speed in fitness training (often neglected by older adults) and showing different ways of doing that. Lots of research is offered too.

http://fasttwitchgrandma.com/

Last edited:

TheGirlCanSkate

Revisiting this thread, I am at -50lbs but it has really started to stall. So I'm going to try some of your ideas to kick start it again. I did sign up and start a hiit class once a week, it is really fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information