Kozuka performs for last time, also is married

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications šŸ˜
Hey all,

Dont know if this topic was discussed or posted before but an IN article went up about Kozuka's last performance and all the emotion around it.

He was one of my fav skaters 5 yrs ago.

One thing that also surprised me is that he quietly got married.

I am in a different culture but for me is so surprising when they get married so young. I remember Oda, too, got married so young. I still wonder why. I am curious as to cultures...

I do like to learn about other people and their backgrounds etc.

Anyway, raising a glass to him! He is a GREAT guy!!!!

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2016/04/25/174412872

Anemone

Isn't Kozuka in his mid- to late twenties? I wouldn't consider that all that young to get married.

Xela M

How is 27 too young to get married?

Things may have changed, but in Russia if a girl was not married by the age of 24 there was something seriously wrong with her.

oleada

Russia seems to be behind so called 3rd world countries on that front if a 25 year old single woman is considered an old crone :rolleyes:

Isn't Kozuka in his mid- to late twenties? I wouldn't consider that all that young to get married.

The average age at first marriage in the US is 29 for men, 27 for women. So it's young, but not by much and hardly unheard of.

My state has the highest age at first marriage, and in my city, a 27 year old married man would be quite rare (unless they're Hassidic).

orbitz

I'm sure he didn't give a shit about the woman so... great point:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hey, here's an idea for you to try. How about you don't read things that aren't there and then roll your eyes like some 14 years old. Where exactly did I say he didn't care about the woman? Show me that then you can roll your eyes all you want, otherwise stuff your eye balls back into your sockets.

MsZem

I see the sea
Well, Oda knocked up his then girlfriend. So he kinda had to get married.
Didn't they get married only after their older son was born? They've been married for a while now, so looks like that worked out well.

I hope that Kozuka's post-skating life will be successful and fulfilling, both professionally and personally.

Also, here's a pic of Oda and Kozuka because why not.

inskate

Didn't they get married only after their older son was born?

They got married in April 2010 while Mayu was still pregnant. I think they had a second (shinto) ceremony later on, though... Sadly, the fan website I read the news on (and saw some photos) went down when Nobunari retired, so I can't confirm the date.

They've been married for a while now, so looks like that worked out well.

Oddly enough, things sort of went according to the plan. ;) I still have a fluff video back from 2006, where Nobunari said that his goal was to retire in 2010, buy a house, get married and have 5 children. ;) He was already dating his future wife back then, they knew each other since middle high school.

AngieNikodinovLove said:
I am in a different culture but for me is so surprising when they get married so young. (...) I am curious as to cultures...

27 is "so young"? Where I live, your entire family starts to despair the moment you turn 26! :scream: I've been getting "maybe it's time for BABIES, find a husband already" pep talks since I was 20. :barrel

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information