2017-2018 Program Music and Choreographers

Dobre

Per a poster in the GS Team China thread, Xiangning Li is probably skating to the following, though there were no links to the original sources. Perhaps someone else has them? The Cinema Paradiso was supposedly in a video clip & the free program music revealed by David Wilson.

Xiangning Li:
LP-Raymonda, choreo by David Wilson
SP-Cinema Paradiso

DDNatalia

It's now the end of June. Skaters must have their program choices made by now. )Otherwise, it's getting late). This then leaves the question of when and whether plans are revealed. Wondering what % have not said anything yet...

skateboy

It's now the end of June. Skaters must have their program choices made by now. )Otherwise, it's getting late). This then leaves the question of when and whether plans are revealed. Wondering what % have not said anything yet...
This.

I am intrigued to know what Nathan Chen is skating to this season.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode

I'm long since resigned to not knowing what Max is doing until August, at least. Maybe later.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
This really needed to happen.
So, so talented but so, so badly in need of a stylistic makeover (right down to his haircut. Oy.)

I feel like one of the only people who fLOVED his "Nightmare Before Christmas" LP in 2016. My taste gets worse with age, but I really really liked that one. :shuffle: I even liked his hunched shoulders and hair.

I'm glad he's changing things up though, he's so incredibly talented and could potentially be a showman with lots of style and finesse.

Rock2

I feel like one of the only people who LOVED his "Nightmare Before Christmas" LP in 2016. My taste gets worse with age, but I really really liked that one. :shuffle: I even liked his hunched shoulders and hair.

OK I'll give you that program. Choreo was interesting and music was decent although some of the cuts are too schleppy for my taste.
He skates with a lot of speed but as with many Russian men they are so tired by the last minute they struggle to appear involved with their music because of the vicious battle with fatigue. (blank look, skating with open mouth). Detracts a bit.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
Yeah, plus a lot of the music in the Russian collection lately should be burned and then have an exorcism performed on it. Never to return again, but that one really worked and I thought all of his negatives worked with the theme. I really like him a lot, he's so underrated and could be a huge force next quad. His jumps are huge, his skating is powerful and smooth, and he's got tons of personality just waiting for the right persons guidance.

Seerek

I'm probably the 1 person who didn't mind Kolyada's French-themed concept from last season's FS, but he needed a choreographer who actually had a feel for the musical style (I had no idea what Kliushnichenko was going for).

VGThuy

For some reason many years ago, I watched that Lifetime bio pic she starred in, Life is Not a Fairy Tale. She was so bad in it, but it was nice to see Viola Davis moved up in the world.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
Sigh. Not what I hoped for from Osmond at all, but still a solid choice. It is the Winter Olympics though, innit. :p

I'm not sure if I'll be on board this year. She's such a nice person though and her jumps can be gorgeous.

Ka3sha

I'm probably the 1 person who didn't mind Kolyada's French-themed concept from last season's FS, but he needed a choreographer who actually had a feel for the musical style (I had no idea what Kliushnichenko was going for).
I don't think that Kliushnichenko is that bad. She did some nice programs for Konstantinova and also choreographed Kolyada's EX program to Hallelujah last season
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOm0LK0-ttQ
From what I got on Russian boards, after 2016 Worlds the Fed wanted him to continue skating in 'his' style and focus on learning new quad (better two new quads).

Marco

Sigh. Not what I hoped for from Osmond at all, but still a solid choice. It is the Winter Olympics though, innit. :p

I'm not sure if I'll be on board this year. She's such a nice person though and her jumps can be gorgeous.

Is she keeping her free program?

Seerek

I don't think that Kliushnichenko is that bad. She did some nice programs for Konstantinova

Interesting you mentioned Stasya since she also had a Cirque free program last year as well. I thought Olga K. did a better job with that program (I didn't mind the miming bits).

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
No, she has a new free program. Per an interview during SOI, it's a piece that she's wanted to do for a long time.

I hope that it has some fire and excitement to it. And some personality.. where did it all go?! She was the one schooling all of these women back in 2013!! :wall: Enough of this slower music.

It's there, use it. Trust it. Live it. Own it.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
Yes! Awesome. :kickass: Another dark program:
https://youtu.be/RYPWxymohWs

Rohene and Chris Dean. :respec: Two totally different styles that'll hopefully stand out. Alexa, I'm so freakin' proud of you for taking charge with your programs and doing everything right for this season. :wuzrobbed Our girl has come such a long way (verklempt) they better be the team that ends up going to the Olympics or I'll be so pissed.

Sylvia

TBD
Jackie Wong will be filming the making of Ashley's La La Land free skate:
Here's his 15-minute feature with Wagner and Bourne talking about the process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u5Q1Xok1y4
Wagner's main inspiration is "Audition" (song performed by Emma Stone in the film).

ETA:
Has this been posted yet?

Alexa and Chris Knierim's new SP: "Paint it Black" (cover by someone named Ciera?)
choreo by Rohene Ward

and a three minute clip of Rohene working with Alexa and Chris, part of a mini-docu series of Rohene's choreo this year, posted on this Facebook page.
Thanks @el henry! Direct link to the video: https://www.facebook.com/rohene1/videos/vb.1231278820/10213226900167006/?type=2&theater
Ciara covered the song in the 2015 film The Last Witch Hunter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information