Recent content by VanillaIce

1. V

Worlds 2024 Free Dance: ‘The Moors of Montreal’

Someone tell Mark to calm down. There are hours to go.
  2. V

Worlds 2024 Rhythm Dance: ‘Dance me to the end of RoLi’

Watching on YouTube the music feed is dire. Cannot turn the sound up as I would be deafened by Mark (unintelligble anyway) and Tonia competing to see who can talk the most.
  3. V

Worlds 2024 Women FS: ‘Where Have All The Knitters Gone?’

I have written to the ISU suggesting they offer him public speaking training. Have not had a reply!
  4. V

Worlds 2024 Rhythm Dance: ‘Dance me to the end of RoLi’

Is Mark Hanratty a bit over excited? I am now watching without sound!
  5. V

Worlds 2024 Women SP: ‘Schizas of Montreal’

In the long let’s have much more Tonia and a lot less Mark.
  6. V

Cup of China 2023 Women FS - “Crazy Ladiezzz Keep Them On The Run”

Well I did not mention the “a” word if that is what you are implying. There are voices that the microphone enhances. This is not one of them in my book. There was an equally uneasy on the ear commentator on Eurosport last year. Ex-skaters do not automatically become talented broadcasters.
  7. V

Cup of China 2023 Women FS - “Crazy Ladiezzz Keep Them On The Run”

I am surprised you manage to understand Mark I find him incomprehensible. This is not a voice that lends itself well to broadcasting. It is too high and he swallows his words. Please someone at ISU find him a voice coach.
  8. V

World refunds

Is anyone else experiencing difficulty in getting refunds from Tour Operators. In particular I understand that the Sheraton Montreal, which is currently closed, is withholding funds from our Tour Operator claiming shortage of staff.
  9. V

ISU announces YouTube live streaming of Grand Prix & ISU Championships in 2019/20 (geo-restrictions will apply)

Really surprised you were interrupted by commercials. Also in UK I watched on the new ISU YouTube and there were no ads. However, there is no commentary and the music feed is simply awful. Taken direct from the arena with awful background noise.
  10. V

ISU Grand Prix Final in Torino, Italy from 5 to 8 December 2019 (event info & planning thread)

This post will probably come too late for those who have already purchased tickets, but unless things have changed since Worlds were held in Turin in 2010 all seats nearest the ice are bleachers with no backs. All the seating in the arena is made of metal so cushions are essential. The...
  11. V

ISU confirms more positive doping tests

I think that the 60 athletes referred to are those at the Baku Games who either tested positive or declared the use of this medication, which of course was before it was banned. I am not aware that 60 athletes have tested positive since 1 January 2016.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information