Recent content by kylet3

1. K

Worlds 2024 Free Dance: ‘The Moors of Montreal’

I get the sense after watching the CBC interview that Laurence and Nikolaj likely aren't going anywhere. The indications that I got is they are going to take a break but then get back on the ice for next season. I don't think they're retiring. Of course it's entirely possible that I'm wrong but...
  2. K

Worlds 2024 Pairs FS: ‘The wedgie always gets its woman’

Or maybe you can eff off right outta here with that disgusting ageism. Deanna and Max have worked their tales off for years and have earned this. Perhaps Russians could stop cheating?
  3. K

2024 Canadian Championships Sr Men FS - Arctic outflow, extreme cold

If Paradis gets the more difficult jumps, look out. He’s only 16 but he’s so unique, but he will need them to get out of Canada. I think Orzel and Chiu are the most likely bets, granted everyone is consistently wildly inconsistent so it’s a crap shoot.
  4. K

2024 Canadian Championships Sr Pairs FS - When it's so cold outside, the ice inside is extra hard

Preach. My guess is Skate Canada is hurting financially so by charging per session instead they can recoup more funds this way but given the attendance this week and how small the arena is, I’m not sure that was a particularly prudent decision.
  5. K

2024 Canadian Championships Sr Pairs FS - When it's so cold outside, the ice inside is extra hard

I’m in Edmonton, I had planned on going, but with them not doing all-events it would have been in excess of $600 for a weekend in Calgary which I can’t justify atm, so I’m happy to stay at home be warm and watch on my laptop
  6. K

2024 Canadian Championships Sr Women FS - Baby it's cold outside!!

Those comments are... a choice. Maddie's comments I think reflect that she's upset, and yeah I get that, but her coach? That was utterly crass. I don't care if you're skating in an empty arena in Flin Flon, Manitoba, it doesn't matter where you are, we can argue about the business and marketing...
  7. K

I like Kaiya too, but Maddie I think is still our strongest overall skater. Kaiya tends to struggle with the short and as danafan mentioned, she's had ample opportunity to try and get the minimums and hasn't. I think Maddie still likely goes. Maddie you could tell in the KnC was not happy and...
  8. K

I think the most likely scenario here is that Schizas probably still goes to worlds. She's had by far the most consistent season and has the minimums. Send Ruiter to the Youth Olympics and Junior Worlds. Like others say, I suspect Ruiter would struggle to get out of the short if she somehow did...
  9. K

2024 Canadian Championships Sr Men's SP - Wind chill expected to bottom out at -50

Updating this now. Gogolev and Blumenthal have withdrawn. Down to 13
  10. K

'Olympic Channel On Ice' (new Olympic figure skating streaming platform)

OMG! Why on earth could I not locate that?! Thank You so much! This means such a great deal to me. I was in the crowd for the Ladies Free Skate, and that was history at that point at that night and was so thrilled to be a part of it. So to be able to relive it one more time is a privilege. Thank...
  11. K

'Olympic Channel On Ice' (new Olympic figure skating streaming platform)

Thank you Braulio for posting all those! That said, does anyone know if there's a women's feed for 2010? That is missing on YouTube as well as the Short Dance from Sochi? I've been searching those for eons, but I haven't been able to find anything.
  12. K

2020 Skate Canada Challenge Nov. 27-Dec. 1, 2019, Edmonton, AB

Thank you to @danafan for all the PBP! I was at the touring version of Waitress today and couldn't make it in time, I doubt very much I'll be awake for tomorrow either. I was hoping to make some of challenge but that just didn't happen this week so I appreciate the PBP.
  13. K

Some iffy moments for Brasseur and Bardei, there's a lot to work on just for gelling and maturity, but if these two can mature and put it together they have all the potential to go far.
  14. K

Unfortunately my old laptop decided to crap out on me this morning, and being laid off early last week I had no choice, I had to go and replace it so I was unable to make it today. Not sure I have the patience to get up early Sunday morning to sit through 29 women...
Do Not Sell My Personal Information