Recent content by jeffisjeff

1. J

Something "kids" today wouldnt know about....

Once a year my parents made the four of us kids sit through a week or so of after dinner slide shows which seemed to include every picture they had ever taken of us. It was torture. :lol:
  2. J

Gymnastics News #23: Defying Gravity

I don't care why. Sam is so much better than Nastia.
  3. J

Canada: Is This A Normal Occurrence?

IIRC, that is a fairly well known thing and there are folks who actually book tours to try to see it, kind of like chasing the aurora borealis. I see this was answered as I slowly pecked away on my phone. :lol:
  4. J

Let's Talk Movies #36 - 2020 - Yep it is a new decade

I probably won't see Barbie or Oppenheimer since I don't watch many movies (although I did watch Banshees on a recent flight and found it fairly interesting). But I did read American Prometheus when it first came out, and was really moved and impacted by it. I cannot imagine doing it justice in...
  5. J

Random Question

Yes, green (processed with a pimento ;) ) but not black.
  6. J

The Rise of the Trauma Essay in College Applications

Well, actually, quite a few states use the SAT or ACT as part of their state-level standardized assessment. In those states, the test is required for high school graduation. Here is a list: https://prepmaven.com/blog/test-prep/states-require-sat-act/
  7. J

Taylor Swift

This. My 18 year old daughter is similar, and loves Taylor Swift. She's going to her concert later this summer. Boy was that expensive...
  8. J

2023-2024 Rhythm dance

I was twelve in 1980 and and 21 in 1989. The 80s was my time and I loved all the pop music, and even a lot of the pop country stuff.
  9. J

The Fifth ISU Grand Prix and the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final of the 2023/24 Allotted to Espoo and Beijing

Yes, I think I have made it quite clear that I have issues with you. I am surprised you are just noticing now.
  10. J

Fall 2022-Summer 2023 New/Returning TV/Streaming Shows

I wish I had Acorn. I may need to get the free trial through Prime.
  11. J

Fall 2022-Summer 2023 New/Returning TV/Streaming Shows

I am planning to watch soon as well, and am excited for it. I just need to wait until work calms down (i.e., semester ends) so that I can watch without being distracted.
  12. J

Netflix/Prime/Hulu/BritBox Binge Watching: Coronavirus Edition

I watched Cardinal! Billy Campbell is still :swoon: and I really liked the actress who played his partner. The show is my kind of series - sort of Canadian Nordic noir!
  13. J

As the Page Turns (the Book Thread)

I just ordered this for my Nook (although it isn't released for another day or two). I haven't been reading much non-fiction, but this story sounds both infuriating and inspiring. https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/25/books/review/the-exceptions-kate-zernike.html
  14. J

2023-2024 Rhythm dance

And it had better be the German version!
Do Not Sell My Personal Information