Recent content by Artemis@BC

1. Artemis@BC

Netflix/Prime/Hulu Discoveries

I might give it a second try then. I gave up watching it when it ran on Showcase, the excess exposition ticked me off. I just finished season 1 of The Fosters. It's about a very very blended family -- lesbian mixed-race couple and their multi-ethnic natural, adopted, and foster kids. It...
  2. Artemis@BC

I watched the first episode of Crashing last night. About a group of 20- and 30-somethings in London who are "property guardians" -- sort of sanctioned squatters -- in a disused hospital building. (Is this an actual thing?) A few good laughs but I'm reserving judgment, it's the sort of lifestyle...
  3. Artemis@BC

I didn't think it was that bad. Definitely not at the same level as the previous seasons, and the limited run didn't give them time to really develop the crime story, but I liked Rachel's struggles with her new role and thought they did a good job of portraying that.
  4. Artemis@BC

Thanks to whoever suggested Dreamland. I re-subscribed to Netflix (after the Shomi fail mentioned above) and dove right in. What a hoot. Reminds me a lot of the John Morton series on BBC, Twenty Twelve and W1A. Or a less-sweary version of Armando Iannucci's shows.
  5. Artemis@BC

Well poop. So much for my grand plan of getting my free month of Shomi before it disappears: they're no longer accepting new subscribers. I just hope Crave or Netflix picks up some of the programs that were exclusive to Shomi in Canada (specifically Mozart in the Jungle and Transparent).
  6. Artemis@BC

Neko Atsume kitty collector -- any other addicts?

I can confirm that they both like the cat metropolis. I bought the Café Style remodel just for a change, and was pleased to see that it's a layout where the metropolis actually fits well (on the right-hand side).
  7. Artemis@BC

Both of the new kitties have visited, but I missed them. That's okay, gives me a reason to keep playing. I love the new mushroom houses. Very cute, plus they add to the list of "small" toys that hold 2 cats. I had 15 cats at one point yesterday afternoon. :cat:
  8. Artemis@BC

As soon as I saw that this thread was active again I thought "Oh, does that mean there's been an update?" Yay, and excuse to play again. :cheer2:
  9. Artemis@BC

Royalty Thread #7: Do They Get Frequent Flier Miles?

This one has been making the rounds. :lol:
  10. Artemis@BC

All Thing PBS

I can't warm to season 2 of Indian Summers, so I've struck that one off my to-watch list. (Just as well, with so much good stuff on the networks this season.) But I'm looking forward to The Durrells in Corfu, starting Oct 16. I read and loved all of Gerald Durrell's memoirs, and I think it will...
  11. Artemis@BC

That's exactly how I felt. I admired, but didn't particularly enjoy, the entire series.
  12. Artemis@BC

Yeah, I just heard that too. I never did get around to signing up with them -- largely because Telus doesn't have them as a "channel" like they do for Netflix & Crave. But they have a couple of shows that I really wanted to see so I'd better figure out the darned Chromecast and sign up pronto.
  13. Artemis@BC

For those who are getting a little bored with Neko Atsume and/or impatient waiting for another update, here's something new from Chrome: an extension called Tabby Cat. It gives you a kitty every time you open a new tab. And the kitties come with goodies too, like hats you can put on them. I...
  14. Artemis@BC

All Thing PBS

Are you sure? Check your listings. My PBS is continuing the marathon today, and goes right up to the end of season 6.
  15. Artemis@BC

What song are you listening to?

Last week I had Dolly Parton's Nine to Five in my head for days. Probably because I was transitioning from a work-at-home set-my-own-hours position to an office environment. :/ But for the past few days I've had the overture to Candide in my head. And I have no idea why.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information